2023 WORLD TOUR

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Are the $100 tickets on the floor or lower bowl? I thought about getting cheaper seats but the sound at the back of the upper bowl in BC Place will probably be echo-y as fuck. I don't really wanna travel to Van just to hear 3 hours of mud... so these are what I got:

Screenshot_20230224-101014_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.707b94fe2c680c11078cc66ef81f0b3e.jpg

I'm also going to way fewer shows than I used to, and there's still a few other bands I'd like to see this year, but it's been 6 years since I've seen GNR and there's still a handful of songs that sound good. Hopefully they keep playing the slow version of You're Crazy.

Montreal is all GA at the park, so that was the appeal to me at the $100 price point. They still have the separate pit as well as the VIP areas or whatever, but other than those areas it's just the one price tier.

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Montreal is all GA at the park, so that was the appeal to me at the $100 price point. They still have the separate pit as well as the VIP areas or whatever, but other than those areas it's just the one price tier.

Just looked at the venue, looks awesome. Outdoor venues are way better than stadiums and that's a fair ticket price.

• Like 1

Might have been asked before, but I'm looking at Paris tickets, front section closest to the stage. There are only "packages" available? When I click in the front section (general admission, packages), this comes up:

2023-02-25-1.png

So Premium Early Entry package says "debout fosse or", I guess this is the golden circle, the very front? Early Entry package says "debout fosse" which is just "standing pit", right? 

So, that area right in front of the stage is just a rectangle on the overview of the stadium, you cannot see any delimitations with in. So what is the difference between these two early entry packages? (except for the price, obviously)

2023-02-25.png

36 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

Might have been asked before, but I'm looking at Paris tickets, front section closest to the stage. There are only "packages" available? When I click in the front section (general admission, packages), this comes up:

2023-02-25-1.png

So Premium Early Entry package says "debout fosse or", I guess this is the golden circle, the very front? Early Entry package says "debout fosse" which is just "standing pit", right? 

So, that area right in front of the stage is just a rectangle on the overview of the stadium, you cannot see any delimitations with in. So what is the difference between these two early entry packages? (except for the price, obviously)

2023-02-25.png

Fosse OR was the gold circle but it sold out. I think it'll come back on sale at some point. The early entry stuff I'd only buy as a last resort 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

Fosse OR was the gold circle but it sold out. I think it'll come back on sale at some point. The early entry stuff I'd only buy as a last resort 

Alright, so there should be another option in addition to those three? The premium one says "fosse or" in the description, but I did not check if it's actually possible to buy it.

2 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

"Premium Early Entry" it's early entry to the golden circle (Fosse Or). "Early Entry package" it's just "Fosse". I wouldn't buy that last one, you would be paying a lot extra to get in early and stand behind everyone in the golden circle.

I would either wait for Fosse Or to come available again or buy Premium early entry

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

Alright, so there should be another option in addition to those three? The premium one says "fosse or" in the description, but I did not check if it's actually possible to buy it.

Fosse OR was €122 euros. It's worth checking regularly if it goes back on sale.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, circusboy666 said:

I’ve been to close to 20 GNR shows. Last show I saw was on the first NITL tour. Only way I’d ever see them again(especially since the performance level has decreased so much) is based on the opening band and new material.

You will always have fun at a GNR show, but I can’t pay for the same GNR playlist with bad interchangeable covers. If NuGuns was back I’d be more than happy to pay any amount of cash. 

This is so spot on . I myself have seen Guns maybe 15 plus times. Last time was Dallas 2016. My first was the Hammerstein 2006 show! Those shows had so much energy. That is the reason I traveled around North America to see them . And Chinese democracy songs being played for the first times was special. Guns N' Roses is and will always be my favorite band , but I wouldn't want a current show to possibly spoil any great memories I have of seeing Guns . I've seen the videos from the last couple of years , and as much as it pains me to say this , Axl has lost his voice completely. I wanted to go see them in San Antonio, but looked up some recent concerts, no way !  The way I look at it .... Let's say my favorite player of all time is Tom Brady. And I've seen Brady many times , kick ass . I wouldn't go spend time and money to go see him again , if he performs very bad . Now , maybe if I've never seen him before . Sure why not ? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lilacmess said:

This time around I don't have to contemplate if I want to go or not, because they don't come anywhere near me.

Budapest should be near you if I am not mistaken. Problem is that all standing tix seem to be already sold out. I didn’t get any tix for it though I was on time in the queue.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I wonder why they're not doing Ireland this time around? Show was decently attended last summer 

Because Ireland is not a fixture and they switch it up and try to hit different countries on the second go round. Makes sense. Also if the local promoter doesn't book them (and for him it would be a bit of a risk booking them 2 years in a row), they won't go there.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Because Ireland is not a fixture and they switch it up and try to hit different countries on the second go round. Makes sense. Also if the local promoter doesn't book them (and for him it would be a bit of a risk booking them 2 years in a row), they won't go there.

They Always play in Dublin.

Other relevant cities in Ireland in terms of big attendance? Just curious..

Just now, Italian girl said:

Ed Sheeran played several huge gigs across Ireland. Galway, Limerick, Cork. Obviously ed sheeran is much more popular in Ireland than gnr though... But if gnr said they were playing one show in Ireland and it was going to be in Galway then it would sell just fine too. I know a lot of people would love not going to Dublin for a gig too, for obvious reasons 😄

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Actually they don't. They don't even play Ireland 2 years in a row. Other than Dublin there would be Slane Castle, which basically could be considered the same, but that has a limited concert schedule and would be even bigger than a stadium or the park they played last time.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Strange think is that in France  the concert will be at "Arena-La Defence" where the capacity maximum is 40 000 places instead the Stade France (80 000 places)  where they used to be twice 

I guess not so strange. It's the second year they come by and on rather short notice. I guess they are expecting to maybe not sell quite as much as last time they were in Paris on their own.

Edited by PatrickS77

They were only once at the Stade and it was in 2017, at the beginning of the never-ending tour. Afterwards it was in festivals only (Download Paris 2018, Hellfest 2022) except for another (smaller) stadium in Bordeaux in 2018. Filling the Defense Arena is going to be a challenge, but lets see ...

• Like 1

Golden Circle was already there in 2017. Basically they divide the pit in 2 parts : one is closer to the stage and more expensive (GC) and the other is behind (GA). In GA you wont be able to get in the GC area (barriers) so you'll always be behind and far away from the stage if you're in GA.

2 hours ago, WillBailey said:

They were only once at the Stade and it was in 2017, at the beginning of the never-ending tour. Afterwards it was in festivals only (Download Paris 2018, Hellfest 2022) except for another (smaller) stadium in Bordeaux in 2018. Filling the Defense Arena is going to be a challenge, but lets see ...

The show in 2017 in Paris wasn't sold out. It's not a surprise that they choose a smaller venue after 6 years of touring and 4 dates in France. If you look at the left tickets on TM you can already see that the Defense Arena is selling well. Some seat categories are sold out.