2023 WORLD TOUR

1 minute ago, Stryker said:

I don’t believe they announced prior to the 2020 tour that didn’t happen. And they didn’t announce any before 2017 Us arena tour (there weren’t any).

I’m sure someone else can provide a more exhaustive answer.

damn i didnt know there werent any openers for the arena tour... last saw them on the stadium leg in 2017 and they announced who was opening before selling tickets... i mean i could care less cuz the only one id care to see would be baz and i doubt itll happen... got our lady peace in 2017 despise them

10 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

damn i didnt know there werent any openers for the arena tour... last saw them on the stadium leg in 2017 and they announced who was opening before selling tickets... i mean i could care less cuz the only one id care to see would be baz and i doubt itll happen... got our lady peace in 2017 despise them

I was so glad that Our Lady Peace didn't open the Vancouver 2017 show, can't stand them. We got Royal Blood instead, who were fine, nothing special, but definitely better than OLP...

19 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I don’t believe they announced prior to the 2020 tour that didn’t happen. And they didn’t announce any before 2017 Us arena tour (there weren’t any).

I’m sure someone else can provide a more exhaustive answer.

Weren't the 2020 shows were supposed to have the Smashing Pumpkins as openers? I thought that was announced at the same time as those dates.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:53 PM, kiwiguns said:

We on this forum are a small manority compared to the majority, who are more then happy to pay money to see the band, who don't fret over the set list, the venue the band plays in, Axl's vocals or new music being released. 

GNR are on the long list of any other decently big artist, they can coast on casuals and not have to worry about being artists ever again.  Why bother releasing new art when you can make bank playing a set for 8 years that starts with ISE and ends with PC the same way every time

I am sorry that GNR ended up this way

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Team Brazil ftw. 

However, maybe we're in for a huge surprise. Like, Axl's GN'R and Slash's GN'R, like L. A. Guns used to do it. Pitman/Ashba in the former and Izzy/Steven in the latter! 

I think you're on to something. Paul Huge is announcing the news at noon. 

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Should someone tell them? They still haven't fixed it. But it's hard to concentrate when you're enjoying life 24/7 on vacation. 

No. I think they have enough paid staff for that. Maybe Jarmo can do it.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Every tour has the same old "it's not selling well, they won't fill the venue" discussion and every show ends up at least decently filled. 

There are certain venues that I think they will need to paper incredibly hard. Only LiveNation can really determine whether these shows are “successes” or not. Then there are other considerations, such as merch and concessions.

I don’t think LiveNation is stupid enough to book a tour that won’t turn a profit - but some of the optics are downright puzzling.

• Like 2

I'm very close to MetLife and the tickets aren't the worst priced in the world for some decent spots - but just not sure I could be arsed. Saw them twice last year and pains me to say it but unless there's something even slightly different or Axl is sounding particularly well, I'm not sure I'll bother.

If they announced a more intimate show then that would tempt me.. but stadium for the same show I saw twice in a stadium last year in Europe.. not convinced unfortunately. 

• Like 1