2023 WORLD TOUR

2 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I think they start with ISE, Brownstone and CD because they are easier on Axl's voice and warms him up for the show.

I always liked Nightrain as an opener.

I thought Chinese used to work really well- the teasing of the different guitar players in the Ashba time was great, building up together, then the bang, and Axl coming out. Great. 

• Like 3

id just like them to shake it up personally... not knowing what song ur gonna get first would add to the experience... closing with PC is fine... and yeah i agree they dont have enough material to shake things up that much but using the same opener for 7 years straight is getting pretty stale

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JaxTeller said:

Just got my ticket for Athens. 27 y/old , never got the chance to see them live. A dream comes true , I 'll see my childhood idols and heroes live. 

Basically, my best friends got me the ticket as a bday present. Cried like a child all day. 

Love your brothers 

See you in Athens.

Enjoy the show! The first time seeing GN'R is an experience you will never forget. Mine was in 2011, with my dad in Chicago.  We saw them again months later, in 2012 in Detroit. Then again in 2016, and the last time was also in Detroit, in 2021. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Enjoy the show! The first time seeing GN'R is an experience you will never forget. Mine was in 2011, with my dad in Chicago.  We saw them again months later, in 2012 in Detroit. Then again in 2016, and the last time was also in Detroit, in 2021. 

Thanks man! Good to know that you got to see the previous line up. Did the experience changed throughout the years ? Also, what was your favorite show?

It is my first GN'R show, I don't worry about Axl's voice or appearence , the setlist or other stuff. I'm into GN'R since I was 8 or 9 years old, I couldn't even speak English back then. They could easily come up on stage,then  Axl fart for 3 hours straight in the mic and still be happy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I thought Chinese used to work really well- the teasing of the different guitar players in the Ashba time was great, building up together, then the bang, and Axl coming out. Great. 

It definitely worked really well in that era but I think would work really poorly in this area.  I think they should actually switch CD and Jungle in the set.

ISE/Brownstone/Jungle/CD works a lot better imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaxTeller said:

Thanks man! Good to know that you got to see the previous line up. Did the experience changed throughout the years ? Also, what was your favorite show?

Yes, overall my favorite was 2012. It was at a small venue, the band was on fire, especially with Bumblefoot playing some of the CD stuff, Shackler's was even better live. Axl's voice was mean and powerful. DJ played the CD solos, especially for This I Love, with great detail. I liked the lineup.

2016 and 2021 were fun too, but it was more nostalgic.

8 hours ago, JaxTeller said:

Just got my ticket for Athens. 27 y/old , never got the chance to see them live. A dream comes true , I 'll see my childhood idols and heroes live. 

Basically, my best friends got me the ticket as a bday present. Cried like a child all day. 

Love your brothers 

See you in Athens.

That’s awesome man! I grew up on them and I never, ever thought I’d get the chance either. Have a great time 👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chinese stew said:

I hope they play Oh My God...

I think Oh My God is too tough for 61 year old Axl to sing. Oh My God was a hard enough song for him to sing in his 30's, let alone at 61. Perfect Crime is also such a hard song to sing, Axl has abandoned it in live shows IIRC. 

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Opening with a blast from the past “Pretty Tied Up” would surely go down a treat and obviously vocally easier for Axl. 

yeah yeah I know… wishful thinking 

It would be cool if they rotated the opening song... It's So Easy, Pretty Tied Up, You're Crazy (slow), Nightrain, Reckless Life or SOYL would all be good openers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It would be cool if they rotated the opening song... It's So Easy, Pretty Tied Up, You're Crazy (slow), Nightrain, Reckless Life or SOYL would all be good openers.

Shadow Of Your Love might be too hard for Axl to sing. And besides, SOYL isn't really a well known song from Guns N'Roses and in fact it's a B Side Song, not an A Side if you get my drift. 😉 And besides, Axl's a bit too mature to be singing SOYL. It was fine when he was like 25, but at 61, it would come off as..... Odd. Welcome To The Jungle is also odd for 61 year old Axl to be singing, but this gets a huge pass as WTTJ is THE quintessential Guns N'Roses song, the signature GNR song, along with Sweet Child Of Mine. Sweet Child Of Mine and WTTJ are basically neck and neck THE quintessential GNR songs with WTTJ edging it just a smidge due to it being the first song on the Appetite For Destruction Album and the first GNR music video/Single. 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Karice said:

Shadow Of Your Love might be too hard for Axl to sing. And besides, SOYL isn't really a well known song from Guns N'Roses and in fact it's a B Side Song, not an A Side if you get my drift. 😉 And besides, Axl's a bit too mature to be singing SOYL. It was fine when he was like 25, but at 61, it would come off as..... Odd. Welcome To The Jungle is also odd for 61 year old Axl to be singing, but this gets a huge pass as WTTJ is THE quintessential Guns N'Roses song, the signature GNR song, along with Sweet Child Of Mine. Sweet Child Of Mine and WTTJ are basically neck and neck THE quintessential GNR songs with WTTJ edging it just a smidge due to it being the first song on the Appetite For Destruction Album and the first GNR music video/Single. 😀

They still play SOYL at most shows and it was their biggest single since the reunion. If Axl feels up to it at any random show, it would be a fine opener.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They still play SOYL at most shows and it was their biggest single since the reunion. If Axl feels up to it at any random show, it would be a fine opener.

Okay. 😀 I was under the impression that SOYL was some forgotten 1980's GNR song that they no longer played. I didn't know SOYL was so heavily played even today at their shows. 😀

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

SOYL would be a pretty bad opener imo. It's a deep cut, no band opens up with a deep cut.  

Shadow of Your Love is the third track on Greatest Hits on streaming services (and vinyl) and part of their Essential playlists. It might have spent decades being a deep cut/b-side but it’s now officially a greatest hit that gets maximum exposure to today’s listeners.

Plus it’s one of the few remaining reliable showcases of Axl’s rasp.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Okay. 😀 I was under the impression that SOYL was some forgotten 1980's GNR song that they no longer played. I didn't know SOYL was so heavily played even today at their shows. 😀

What exactly gave you that impression? I mean, it doesn't take long to check out their setlists and see that it's being played almost every show.

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

SOYL would be a pretty bad opener imo. It's a deep cut, no band opens up with a deep cut.  

They used to open with Illusions songs before the albums were even out. I totally see your point, but I think with such a minimal discography almost any song is fair game for Guns to open with. To me Shadow wouldn't be amy different than if they decided to open with Pefect Crime or Pretty Tied Up again.

12 hours ago, James Bond said:

They used to open with Illusions songs before the albums were even out. I totally see your point, but I think with such a minimal discography almost any song is fair game for Guns to open with. To me Shadow wouldn't be amy different than if they decided to open with Pefect Crime or Pretty Tied Up again.

They were the hottest band on the planet promoting new albums and trying to get people to buy them though. This is a totally different era and situation.