2023 WORLD TOUR

57 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, at least they're not dangling that carrot this time. "All new show" was my favourite load of nonsense. 

Hey, Axl had a new shoe design and Richard new strings! Complaints complaints 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, at least they're not dangling that carrot this time. "All new show" was my favourite load of nonsense. 

Dear me. Forgot about that. And in the end there were less bells and whistles than the previous one. 

Obviously not expecting anything different this tour but the likes of a mid-set acoustic bit.. some changes in the opening order etc would at least make things a little exciting. I don't necessarily agree that the set has to change dramatically in terms of which songs they use -- they have so few albums and play for so long each night that it can only change so much.

But some better rotations, maybe a few dynamic shifts during the set, like an acoustic segment, etc would at least show they've some interest in not just repeating the same show forevermore. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Dear me. Forgot about that. And in the end there were less bells and whistles than the previous one. 

Obviously not expecting anything different this tour but the likes of a mid-set acoustic bit.. some changes in the opening order etc would at least make things a little exciting. I don't necessarily agree that the set has to change dramatically in terms of which songs they use -- they have so few albums and play for so long each night that it can only change so much.

But some better rotations, maybe a few dynamic shifts during the set, like an acoustic segment, etc would at least show they've some interest in not just repeating the same show forevermore. 

I think that even with only the few albums Gn'R did record, there are a lot of originals they're not playing which are not more challenging to sing for Axl compared to what they're usually doing. If Axl would be interested in  changing the setlist and move it around a little bit too, he can do it. It's not for lack of original Gn'R tunes imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

He can but he won't. If they didn't have the cheesy videos it'd be easier to switch things up. Just show the live feed on all the screens, then there's nothing to prepare and changes can be made off the cuff.

agreed. It's so cheesy. It doesn't add anything to the experience imo. If the goal is to enhance the live show experience with non - musical components, there are far better ways to do it like lowering ticket prices or shooting Frank out of a canon. They're already saving money on the pyro and confetti. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, janrichmond said:

He can but he won't. If they didn't have the cheesy videos it'd be easier to switch things up. Just show the live feed on all the screens, then there's nothing to prepare and changes can be made off the cuff.

The videos are awful. I do my best not to notice them. I wonder if anyone appreciates them? Or are they just an excuse to not change up the setlist more?

The live feed is a lot better, especially if they keep playing these huge venues where people in the back can barely see the stage.

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

The show in the Netherlands will be moved to a different location due to poor sales. It will now be the Bospop terrain in Weert where there will be a festival a few days before. Capacity some 25-30k

https://www.1limburg.nl/entertainment/2164822/tegenvallende-kaartverkoop-guns-n-roses-niet-in-landgraaf

Not surprising, and I wonder if others will follow? 

Perhaps this might be a wake up call to the band in terms of what they're doing. 

48 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Not surprising, and I wonder if others will follow? 

Perhaps this might be a wake up call to the band in terms of what they're doing. 

They probably wont even be told or know its any different to the original setting. Live in a bubble. Most of BST hyde park is selling out for other acts. GnR still plenty to go

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

The show in the Netherlands will be moved to a different location due to poor sales. It will now be the Bospop terrain in Weert where there will be a festival a few days before. Capacity some 25-30k

https://www.1limburg.nl/entertainment/2164822/tegenvallende-kaartverkoop-guns-n-roses-niet-in-landgraaf

25-30k tickets sold is not bad but yeah as a promoter hoping for 60k that's not what you want to see!

GNR have toured and toured for years, so this kinda stuff is bound to happen... and some countries are a little more discerning, others are going to sell every year without fail. But reality is that GNR played Europe last year and the reviews were mixed, and this year they return again and it's right around festival season so people are making choices. 

Love how the promoter is lightly shading GNR with the "we don't normally have trouble selling tickets, Bruce Springsteen sold out straight away"😄 Well mr promoter, Bruce Springsteen hasn't been on an never ending tour since 2016. 

I think GNR will look at this and think "Hmmm? maybe we should play South America next year". They should be thinking "oh shit, we should do something". But they won't, and they probably don't care about one show be downsized... if more shows get downsized then it might be a thing where they have to do something in the more short term to promote their tour. What that might be? I have no idea. They backed themselves into a corner really, had they used some foresight they would have ended this tour a few years ago while they were still comfortably selling out, taken a breather, made a record and then started all over again... oh well, horse has bolted! now it's reactionary instead of controlling the situation, but this is the way GNR are, and always will be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They probably wont even be told or know its any different to the original setting. Live in a bubble. Most of BST hyde park is selling out for other acts. GnR still plenty to go

Yeah the 'live in a bubble' thing is probably likely, but downsizing this far ahead means someone, somewhere will have to start sitting up and paying attention to what is happening in terms of how many people want to see the band and what the band are being paid. 

I see it as a positive anyway- stuff will only change when proceeding down the same path as ever becomes less possible. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Are most of the videos connected? They should have separate file for each video for each song, so they can play whichever in whatever order. Like WWE entrance videos for each wrestlers. Or too much hassle for Team Brazil?