2023 WORLD TOUR

12 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So that's probably the reason they moved the dutch show from the promo video. i wonder what will happen to paris and rome since they were also missing. i'm gonna fucking kill someone if they move rome to another city

Very good point. Perhaps they're getting changed too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Are most of the videos connected? They should have separate file for each video for each song, so they can play whichever in whatever order. Like WWE entrance videos for each wrestlers. Or too much hassle for Team Brazil?

All those videos are locked in with the video/lighting controller, but they can be easily changed. The days of not being able to change a basic show on the fly are long gone, different when it's a highly choreographed / click track-centric show, which gnr isn't. GNR could easily let the camera crew have the main feed if they called a song that was not on the set, not every songs needs tacky roses and models ;) 

• Like 1

A 2-4 song EP in 2023 to support the tour would be nice.

Then, maybe they should take a break from touring in 2024, instead focusing on releasing an album (CD2 with a few Slash and Duff bits added, not like how they butchered Hard Skool) that year. Hype it up with interviews, good merch, a few music videos with modern Axl deepfaked to 2006 Axl during post production, then announce a tour while the hype and interested is up for 2025.

1 or 2 more 2-4 song EPs, and a full studio album with tracks not on the EPs would clear out most of the CD stuff they have left. Then, they can work on an actual new album.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Not surprising, and I wonder if others will follow? 

Perhaps this might be a wake up call to the band in terms of what they're doing. 

Yeah, the organizer says it might be a bit much, coming back too early, fourth time since 2017, and all have been big venues. Cheapest tickets are 100 EUR, I think, and then you're behind the golden circle. For 15 EUR more I can go to a festival and have a chance to stand in the front. It's a no brainer really.

The organizer also says that people have to make choices because lots of acts are touring. Only diehards will go see the show four times in 6 years. For casuals, it's basically the same show.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, maybe they should start looking even more seriously into what they’re doing in this regard... :lol:

so no more tours for years, nor new music.

the band will go on hiatus for other 20 years :P

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So that's probably the reason they moved the dutch show from the promo video. i wonder what will happen to paris and rome since they were also missing. 

I don't wanna even consider this hypothesis :wow:

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Yeah, the organizer says it might be a bit much, coming back too early, fourth time since 2017, and all have been big venues. Cheapest tickets are 100 EUR, I think, and then you're behind the golden circle. For 15 EUR more I can go to a festival and have a chance to stand in the front. It's a no brainer really.

The organizer also says that people have to make choices because lots of acts are touring. Only diehards will go see the show four times in 6 years. For casuals, it's basically the same show.

Can't really disagree with that.....although it is atra he the organiser didn't think of all this before organising it! 

7 hours ago, Lio said:

One of those die hards would be me! But I agree with what you said, they also announced the tour very late compared to other things going for the summer! I don't mind the change tho, I don't need to book a hotel now since it's closer to home so I can get back by train 

• Like 2

This comment will likely (and rightly) get moved but I don't have the stamina to use this forum's search function. Does anyone know which show Guns played Slither for the first time? I didn't think they played it at Troubador but could be wrong.

If only there was a way to promote the tour, get people excited and the GNR name in the media. And if only it was something that didn’t require any work to make, something Slash maybe had already finished, based off of vocals Axl did years ago, so he would only have to sign off. It’s too bad such a tool for promotion just doesn’t exist for this band. 

• Like 2