2023 WORLD TOUR

30 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

Would the numbers mean anything at all? 

I'm guessing just the running order – it seems to be, as someone else has said, a rehearsal rundown.

Anyone able to make out what guitar he's got down for TWAT? They all seem pretty obvious except that one

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

I'm guessing just the running order – it seems to be, as someone else has said, a rehearsal rundown.

Anyone able to make out what guitar he's got down for TWAT? They all seem pretty obvious except that one

The guitar for TWAT is the Ox Blood, looks like the same for Prostitute

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mystery said:

Metallica were kind of in that situation Guns N' Roses are in now regarding new music. They released Death Magnetic in 2008 but it took over 8 years for Hardwired as a follow-up. In between they toured every year but it was less jarring than Guns because even before Hardwired they had 9 albums to play songs from. Even now its been almost 7 years between Hardwired and 72 Seasons but it feels like less of a wait for some reason.

And on top of having 9 previous albums, they were releasing live dvds and constantly giving content from the shows they were playing... and then in 2011 they also released the Beyond Magnetic EP. Metallica were going a little off the boil before Hardwired came out, but it was not in the same league to the tepid waters GNR are swimming in😄

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

It just looks like a list of songs showing the tech what guitar to have ready67661A6F-2A03-4888-A20F-30AAB2C3291A.thumb.jpeg.5f520d1c315d581fadd3ccfede2b3c87.jpeg

It would be cool to hear Breakdown... but I know that first (possibly only) performance of the song would be rough as a bears arse because Axl won't have figured out how to sing it before he hits the stage

• Like 3

18 hours ago, janrichmond said:

It just looks like a list of songs showing the tech what guitar to have ready

not only for the tech. Director for lights, (pyros) and background screen too

So Breakdown is on the list. Lights and screens are ready !

• Wow 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Why would Slash's guitar tech need to know the number of songs they rehearsed?

I don't know what the numbers mean, but I'd guess they're amp/EQ settings or something like that.

I reckon they're the guitar numbers and each one is tuned for a certain song and ready to go at a moment's notice.

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I reckon they're the guitar numbers and each one is tuned for a certain song and ready to go at a moment's notice.

It can't be that, So Fine and This I Love are both the same guitar (Gold) but numbered 39 and 14 respectively. Likewise, you'll see Jessica with 37, 35, 43, and 45 next to it. There are no repeat numbers but multiple repeat guitars.

It was most likely the rehearsal running order on a given day and the picture was taken with that list still taped the the flight case

Edited by DoMw94

On 4/14/2023 at 3:41 PM, Alexmee239 said:

A fan went to NAMM Show and saw some Slash ad which appears to have an alt-setlist in it. Breakdown is also there.

https://imgur.com/a/YIDOIeR

On 4/14/2023 at 4:03 PM, janrichmond said:

It just looks like a list of songs showing the tech what guitar to have ready67661A6F-2A03-4888-A20F-30AAB2C3291A.thumb.jpeg.5f520d1c315d581fadd3ccfede2b3c87.jpeg

On 4/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, Bitchisback said:

Tour is over a month and a half away. This is probably just from the last tour and left over in his equipment 

That's exactly what it is, just a rehearsal list that tells the tech which guitar to give him for each song. I saw that display at NAMM also, it's announcing his new signature pickups that are going to be released soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...