2023 WORLD TOUR

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Wow, GNR are really out of place in that lineup. :lol:

If they do announce more shows, they'll almost definitely be festivals, since their own shows aren't selling 

It's a bizarre lineup- it just looks like a load of acts have been thrown together with no thought. 

I suppose that's what festivals are now though mainly, just a mess of acts designed to act as background for drinking and Instagram photos. 

This one just seems particularly all over the place. All the Lil Baby (had to Google him just to check he is, indeed, another auto-tuned mumble-rapper) fans will doubtless be thrilled at Uncle Axl and his old pals coming on right after! Absolutely bizarre. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It's a bizarre lineup- it just looks like a load of acts have been thrown together with no thought. 

I suppose that's what festivals are now though mainly, just a mess of acts designed to act as background for drinking and Instagram photos. 

This one just seems particularly all over the place. All the Lil Baby (had to Google him just to check he is, indeed, another auto-tuned mumble-rapper) fans will doubtless be thrilled at Uncle Axl and his old pals coming on right after! Absolutely bizarre. 

I assume they'll be playing at different ends of the park, looks like this festival usually has 4 stages. Most Lil Baby fans will leave before GNR starts, or at the latest, when they hear Axl attempt WTTJ. :lol:

The 'bunch of different acts thrown together' thing is true. The main festival in my city was announced today, and I want to go see Iggy Pop, but I don't really want to pay festival prices for a bunch of other bands I don't care about...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stryker said:

Atlanta announced for Sep 17. Part of a fest. Wonder if we get more dates. 

I’m so pissed. Fucking shit festival in my hometown. Had tickets 2 years ago when Covid cancelled the show and this is how they make it up. 😡

Q

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I've been to firefly festival multiple times in Delaware which is festival that books all different types of musical acts. Rock, pop, hip hop, edm, etc. And it's always a blast. I love all types of music. Not just rock. It's fun to see a band like GnR who has mass appeal play to am audience they might not play to every day.  Expand your musical horizons you know?  There's tons of great music out there across every genre.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Q

I've been to firefly festival multiple times in Delaware which is festival that books all different types of musical acts. Rock, pop, hip hop, edm, etc. And it's always a blast. I love all types of music. Not just rock. It's fun to see a band like GnR who has mass appeal play to am audience they might not play to every day.  Expand your musical horizons you know?  There's tons of great music out there across every genre.  

Haha, my musical horizons are pretty well expanded, and rock is certainly not just my only interest (probably the genre I listen to least actually these days).....but it doesn't stop festivals needing to have some time and thought go into their lineup to be enjoyable rather than just throwing together anyone that is available.  

I've been to so many festivals, but in recent years the music they have on is an afterthought. People go to take photos, chat with their backs to their stages and talk about 'festival vibes'. From this, frankly dreadful, lineup this seems like a classic of that genre. 

I just stick to gigs now, where there's a change the crowd might actually be interested in who is playing! Been burned too many times from watching great bands play to uninterested crowds, sadly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

As disappointing as it will be if that NAMM setlist is legit, Breakdown would be a major win.

With mickey Axl? No thanks. I'd prefer Bad Obsession or at least PTU, although there's also some rasp. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl sounded great on PTU in the 2020 Mexico rehearsal, shame it was dropped from the alts. Surprisingly he sounded great on TAY as well.

Not to me, but to each their own I guess. Songs like Bad Obsession would be a way better - and wiser - choice in any case imo. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Haha, my musical horizons are pretty well expanded, and rock is certainly not just my only interest (probably the genre I listen to least actually these days).....but it doesn't stop festivals needing to have some time and thought go into their lineup to be enjoyable rather than just throwing together anyone that is available.  

I've been to so many festivals, but in recent years the music they have on is an afterthought. People go to take photos, chat with their backs to their stages and talk about 'festival vibes'. From this, frankly dreadful, lineup this seems like a classic of that genre. 

I just stick to gigs now, where there's a change the crowd might actually be interested in who is playing! Been burned too many times from watching great bands play to uninterested crowds, sadly. 

My bad i didn't mean you personally.  Just in general. I was half asleep lol

As for this lineup I don't think it's a great lineups but it's a good one at least.  I would watch all the headliners and the price you pay for the whole fear would probably still be cheaper than a pit GNR ticket so I think it'd be worth it for that alone.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

My bad i didn't mean you personally.  Just in general. I was half asleep lol

As for this lineup I don't think it's a great lineups but it's a good one at least.  I would watch all the headliners and the price you pay for the whole fear would probably still be cheaper than a pit GNR ticket so I think it'd be worth it for that alone.

No, no, don't worry- no need to apologise. I get totally where you're coming from. 

That's a good point about the price, and to be honest, when you keep that in mind and select what you watch a bit carefully you could have a good couple of days....it just doesn't seem to have much of an identity, which I think always leads to crappy/uninterested crowds in my opinion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

No, no, don't worry- no need to apologise. I get totally where you're coming from. 

That's a good point about the price, and to be honest, when you keep that in mind and select what you watch a bit carefully you could have a good couple of days....it just doesn't seem to have much of an identity, which I think always leads to crappy/uninterested crowds in my opinion. 

I just want GnR to play a festival near me so I can get up and close without having to pay insane prices to get in the pit lmao. Was really hoping they would be at louder than life or sonic temple this year since I can get to either in under 12 hours but it wasn't meant to be!  Going to louder than life anyway!

• Like 1