2023 WORLD TOUR

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Looks slightly better today

image.png.2be082d793954fe095050a6d874ce011.png

Not really. Those “now sold” seats aren’t really sold. They’re taking those tickets off so they can fill the lower bowl.  This has happened already to the Motley Crue show at Ohio Stadium. The entire upper deck appears “sold out” when it wasn’t available for sale in the first place  

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I am moved by how concerned fans are about GN'R not selling enough concert tickets.

I’m not concerned. I think it’s a fucking joke at this point. I had a blast in Vegas and LA in 2016-2017.  I wish I was getting the same quality performance for my money but it’s laughable at this point. This band is fried. Where’s the new album or any new singles?  Silkworms and Hard School since the 2016 reunion, and I guarantee that shit wouldn’t have come out if it wasn’t for the whole storage locker nonsense 

8 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Not really, I've been to a few stadium shows with just one opener (AC/DC, The Rolling Stones ×2, Foo Fighters etc.)

Fair enough. Not been to a stadium show in a while, personally. Fucking terrible places to watch music! 

13 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

For a good laughD3-F25155-B246-420-A-87-B2-BA11-A236-AA4 check out how many tickets are available for the Phoenix show 😂

All of the stadiums look like that unfortunately… I’m not even sure what LN is playing at anymore.. once Europe starts playing off, I bet we’ll see some discount promos appearing.. this looks like, I don’t know, MAYBE 15% sold. This makes me soooooooo sad!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The point you make is valid, but Alice Cooper is a baaad example in this scenario - you're making it sound a lot more exciting than it was. I saw the second night of the tour over the weekend in Youngstown, and it was probably the most underwhelming show I've seen from Alice in 40+ times on about 8 different tours. To your points on his setlist:

- The live debut you mention (I'll refrain from naming songs in case anybody is seeing him and avoiding spoilers) looks a lot more exciting on paper than it really is - in reality it's a very short intro that's only maybe 45 seconds long that only serves as an opening to the show. Alice sings one verse and that's it - onto one of the staples. And it's a song that nobody except the absolute most die-heard Alice fans know. It's more a novelty than a legitimately exciting talking point, and I say that as it being off my favorite of his solo albums and only having seen one song from that album before. 
- The song not played since 1991 is a good choice in my opinion and one I've wanted to hear for some time, but it's also not exactly a popular song even amongst diehard fans and most of the crowd will still be going "huh?"
- The song not played since 2017 is a staple that get's played more often than it does not - it's certainly not a "wow, look at this exciting song Alice Cooper is doing" type song. 
- The closer is a song that only gets played during a specific timeframe nowadays, can't elaborate on that without giving away what the song is. Also worth noting that the last time it was an appropriate song choice Alice wasn't able to play it for obvious reasons. 

Besides all that, there's a lot more negatives to the new show than there are positives. This new show is, in the strictest sense, the most "greatest hits"-y Alice Cooper show I've ever seen. There were exactly no new bits of stage show/production than than a new stage set...which nobody interacts with at all. He does all of the appropriate theatrics, but there's no connective tissue between any of it - there's never that story aspect. So Alice gets executed as you expect - but there's no reason. There's no him killing somebody, doing something evil, just "well, it's time to execute Alice". He gets executed in the straightjacket, then immediately comes back onstage in the next song still wearing the straightjacket - why? It's all extra frustrating because Alice made promises before this tour that did not come to fruition - new stage (yes), new theatrics (no), some of the staple theatrics being retired (no, at least not the specific examples he gave), totally revamped setlist (no, at least not beyond the songs detailed above. Four out of 25 is now a "whole new show"). This isn't the first time Alice has made big promises about a new show and not met them. 

This is all a bit rambling, and it's certainly not as stale as we've come to expect from GN'R, but it's definitely a very bad example up alongside Metallica and Springsteen who actually are doing really exciting things on tour this year. 

Yeah. Easily went from one of his best setlists to one of his most predictable and boring ones.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Fair enough. Not been to a stadium show in a while, personally. Fucking terrible places to watch music! 

I kinda agree. Had some good shows, some bad shows (Hi GN'R @ Spurs), and some inbetween. For me, it's all about the occasion and feel of the day. A stadium gig for me is a whole day to look forward to, a gig anywhere else is (just) an evening well spent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Easily went from one of his best setlists to one of his most predictable and boring ones.

Agree completely. I was at the opening night of the last tour also, and it was easily one of the most exciting Alice shows I’ve ever seen. And the surprises in the set list…Bed Of Nails, Muscle Of Love, My Stars, Roses On White Lace, Escape, Teenage Frankenstein, etc. It was the first Alice production in a decade that truly felt fresh both in terms of stage and set list. The juxtaposition of that tour to this tour is really what makes this one feel especially weak IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

I kinda agree. Had some good shows, some bad shows (Hi GN'R @ Spurs), and some inbetween. For me, it's all about the occasion and feel of the day. A stadium gig for me is a whole day to look forward to, a gig anywhere else is (just) an evening well spent

Yep, very true. I'm probably being a bit harsh as I have massively enjoyed stadium shows (GNR included), I just always wish they were Arenas instead! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Silkworms and Hard School since the 2016 reunion, and I guarantee that shit wouldn’t have come out if it wasn’t for the whole storage locker nonsense 

If that were the case, perhaps and atlas would've been released by now too, wouldn't they? Also by 21 most people already forgot about the leaks. So doesn't make too much sense that it was connected to that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

If that were the case, perhaps and atlas would've been released by now too, wouldn't they? Also by 21 most people already forgot about the leaks. So doesn't make too much sense that it was connected to that.

There was a handful of songs with vocals in the locker leaks and the 2 songs released were ones that were included in that minuscule list.  It’s not like they released 2 songs no one knew about or hadn’t heard. Perhaps and Atlas haven’t been released yet because this band and their clueless management are lazy and that’s why this is the same tour for the last 7 years 

Edited by BillConnor_1982

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Agree completely. I was at the opening night of the last tour also, and it was easily one of the most exciting Alice shows I’ve ever seen. And the surprises in the set list…Bed Of Nails, Muscle Of Love, My Stars, Roses On White Lace, Escape, Teenage Frankenstein, etc. It was the first Alice production in a decade that truly felt fresh both in terms of stage and set list. The juxtaposition of that tour to this tour is really what makes this one feel especially weak IMO. 

Yeah, definitely the most exciting one since the Brutal Planet/Dragontown tours. And I've seen him 40+ times since. Bought tickets for 3 US shows in September, based on how great the last tour was, now with this setlist I'm not so sure on whether that was a good decision. All the interesting songs are gone and we're mostly back to the staples. Well, at least he kept Bed of nails. That song kicks so much ass live.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

For a good laughD3-F25155-B246-420-A-87-B2-BA11-A236-AA4 check out how many tickets are available for the Phoenix show 😂

The amount of tickets sold is actually unbelievable, if they shut off the whole upper deck it would still be empty. 

I know GNR have saturated the US a lot, but wow 

• Like 1