2023 WORLD TOUR

On 4/5/2023 at 6:59 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

They should cut the set down to about 2.5 hours and rotate songs each night, would keep things fresher for the band and there wouldn't be as many lulls that take the energy out of the crowd. I saw RHCP a week ago and the difference between them and GNR was definitely noticeable. RHCP only played 1 hour 45 minutes but it was all killer no filler, the jams were all high energy, and everyone left wanting more... I can't say the same for a 3.5 hour GNR show.

I think it helps that RHCP is still a collaborative band that released 2 albums last year and have their classic lineup. They're a perfect example of what a band 40 years in should be doing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mystery said:

I think it helps that RHCP is still a collaborative band that released 2 albums last year and have their classic lineup. They're a perfect example of what a band 40 years in should be doing.

Totally agree. I'd also add that John's tone and playing is as great as ever, and Anthony has only gotten better over the last few years. I was a little disappointed they only played 5 new songs when I saw them lol. They're a perfect example of what a legacy band should be, and the complete opposite of GNR.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2023 at 3:58 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

If only there was a way to promote the tour, get people excited and the GNR name in the media. And if only it was something that didn’t require any work to make, something Slash maybe had already finished, based off of vocals Axl did years ago, so he would only have to sign off. It’s too bad such a tool for promotion just doesn’t exist for this band. 

Lol. So, you are saying that Absurd moved a significant amount of tickets?

On 4/7/2023 at 4:54 PM, Powderfinger said:

Im guessing sales are slow all over, I’ve checked a few dates and those were 30% sold or so. 

It looks like Fenway Park still has a lot of tickets available. I'm sure the tickets will sell as the show draws closer; if not, people like me who paid for "cheap" seats could be moved down to the field. That's what happened in 2016 at the second Foxboro MA show. It didn't sell out, so we got moved down to the field, which was cool.

4 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It's not really a festival though. It's GNR with a couple support acts

Not in the traditional sense, but yes it's a festival: BST Hyde Park. It's a full day of acts, and multiple days too.

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 12:58 PM, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Lol. So, you are saying that Absurd moved a significant amount of tickets?

lol.. When they released Absurd it was kind of the nail in the coffin for me as far as interest in the band these days. I am not saying I won't go but the show isn't even on my radar at the moment. I am usually the first one in on the presales and such to try and get the perfect seats. They are going to have to do something to make it worth it. I am not even sure what that is. Shaking up the lineup would help.. Axl sounding decent and rehearsing. Change the order of the setlists. Maybe try different renditions of the songs they always play.  This band and lineup is beyond stale at this point. 

2 hours ago, chinese stew said:

Wow, Axl looks like he has been working out!

• Haha 1

Has there ever been a night where I’ve been like ‘If I play fucking ‘Better ’ again my cock’s gonna fall off’? Yes,” he said: Slash probably (It was actually Flea who said this about Give It Away).

Edited by mystery

On 4/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

They should cut the set down to about 2.5 hours and rotate songs each night, would keep things fresher for the band and there wouldn't be as many lulls that take the energy out of the crowd. I saw RHCP a week ago and the difference between them and GNR was definitely noticeable. RHCP only played 1 hour 45 minutes but it was all killer no filler, the jams were all high energy, and everyone left wanting more... I can't say the same for a 3.5 hour GNR show.

That would be the worst for me, just a greatest hits tour would stink, I personally like the longer sets, and I saw RHCP last year and I was disappointed as they mainly played newer stuff and it seemed they could have played longer, not sure why anyone would want a short concert especially with what these guys charge

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 4:28 PM, mystery said:

I normally don't like the comparisons between bands of a similar level of fame and era, but this is so true. I'm a big RHCP fan and an even bigger John fan; was delighted when he joined but his return has been even bigger and better than I could ever have expected. GN'R has never worked on anyone else's behest or timeline but RHCP and Metallica really are putting GNR to shame here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

I normally don't like the comparisons between bands of a similar level of fame and era, but this is so true. I'm a big RHCP fan and an even bigger John fan; was delighted when he joined but his return has been even bigger and better than I could ever have expected. GN'R has never worked on anyone else's behest or timeline but RHCP and Metallica really are putting GNR to shame here.

Metallica were kind of in that situation Guns N' Roses are in now regarding new music. They released Death Magnetic in 2008 but it took over 8 years for Hardwired as a follow-up. In between they toured every year but it was less jarring than Guns because even before Hardwired they had 9 albums to play songs from. Even now its been almost 7 years between Hardwired and 72 Seasons but it feels like less of a wait for some reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, k12 said:

That would be the worst for me, just a greatest hits tour would stink, I personally like the longer sets, and I saw RHCP last year and I was disappointed as they mainly played newer stuff and it seemed they could have played longer, not sure why anyone would want a short concert especially with what these guys charge

Why would it be a greatest hits tour? They could absolutely play their "must play" hits, cut the boring jams and covers, and still rotate fan favourites, deep cuts and lol new songs in a 2.5 hour show.

• Like 1