2023 WORLD TOUR

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Now tell me GnR are value for money https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64999388 

Check out the stage show, the dancers, the mixed sets. 

her first show back was a three-hour, fifteen-minute extravaganza, including 44 songs from across her career.

I thought the same. I mean obviously GNR are a very different thing, so we're not really comparing like for like, and this sort of show is very much the domain of pop acts.......but when you consider GNR don't even bother with pyro or anything now it says a lot about their current attitude. 

Fuck it though- it's nothing we don't already know and think and if people still want to pay hundreds to watch GNR in 2023......well, it's not our money they're spending! 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 12:24 AM, jamillos said:

As for PTU, he’d need the middle mild rasp for that one, which he doesn’t do any more, so Idk. I guess we’d end up with another Dead Horse, i.e. better off left in the past.

Pretty Tied Up sounded good when they soundchecked it in 2020. Just boost Melissa and Duff's vocals a bit in the chorus and it would be a good opener.

Verse clip https://streamable.com/o3z9pe

Chorus clip https://streamable.com/cr8po9

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pretty Tied Up sounded good when they soundchecked it in 2020. Just boost Melissa and Duff's vocals a bit in the chorus and it would be a good opener.

Why did they rehearse this and then decide not to play it. Just from those short clips alone it clearly sounds great, would be vocally easier and I’m sure most fans would be happy to have PTU back as a setlist regular. Makes absolutely no sense :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Why did they rehearse this and then decide not to play it. Just from those short clips alone it clearly sounds great, would be vocally easier and I’m sure most fans would be happy to have PTU back as a setlist regular. Makes absolutely no sense :facepalm:

They rehearsed Pretty Tied Up, Think About You and Hardschool before that show... and then they played So Fine instead. :lol:

But yea, I have no idea why they won't play PTU, it would be great.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl's voice sounds pretty young in the verse! Agree, needs some support in the chorus and would be a good opener 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JasmineSwe said:

Axl's voice sounds pretty young in the verse! Agree, needs some support in the chorus and would be a good opener 

The verse video, my honest first thought was why are they using Axls vocal recoding from the actual song then it clicked he was actually there singing it. Fits his current vocal abilities so well, such a damn shame it’s been put on the back burner for so long

• Like 3

3 hours ago, D4NNY said:

The verse video, my honest first thought was why are they using Axls vocal recoding from the actual song then it clicked he was actually there singing it. Fits his current vocal abilities so well, such a damn shame it’s been put on the back burner for so long

It's been said a hundred times here, but he really should adapt and use his lower register more, it sounds good and he still has power and control in his vocals that way.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Now tell me GnR are value for money https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64999388 

Check out the stage show, the dancers, the mixed sets. 

her first show back was a three-hour, fifteen-minute extravaganza, including 44 songs from across her career.

I mean you're welcome to go see T.Swift if you think it's more value for you.

But comparing someone who is 33 to someone a band in their 60s is fairly odd. Especially when GnR tickets cost less than Swift tickets and they also play 3 hours shows. 

It's okay for both experiences to be good tho!!

9 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I mean you're welcome to go see T.Swift if you think it's more value for you.

But comparing someone who is 33 to someone a band in their 60s is fairly odd. Especially when GnR tickets cost less than Swift tickets and they also play 3 hours shows. 

It's okay for both experiences to be good tho!!

Kiss are 70. Iron Maiden 65. Metallica are 60. Compare their stage shows. It has zero to do with age. So bringing up age is really odd. GnR also play 3 hour shows so again, age has nothing to do with it. It's Not Axl and Slash lifting the sets into place, building the stage and setting off the fireworks is it? But it is them saying 'fuck the fans, lets save a few dollars and cut out all the stage show and pyro' 

Taylor swift isnt comparable to GnR musically, but she is charging similar prices and playing similar venues. If thats not good enough then compare motley crue metallica maiden and kiss to GnR who are older and also similarly priced. Music is subjective, you can 'like' GnRs songs more than those other acts, but the show is much worse. so for those of us that like all those acts, GnR is easily bottom in priorities. And that is inexcusable from the band.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I hate that "they're in their 60s" has become the standard excuse for their lackluster shows and Axl's vocals. It's such a ridiculously lazy excuse that has nothing to do with the actual criticisms. :facepalm:

Axl's lackluster vocals today are a consequence of the gutteral, high pitched wailing screechy screams he was doing when he was in his 20's and 30's.💡 Perfect Crime song is  a perfect example of what I am talking about. 💡

27 minutes ago, Karice said:

Axl's lackluster vocals today are a consequence of the gutteral, high pitched wailing screechy screams he was doing when he was in his 20's and 30's.💡 Perfect Crime song is  a perfect example of what I am talking about. 💡

You’re really loving the lightbulb emoji recently aren’t you! :lol:
But yes, his voice in ‘91 in particular is painful to even listen to so god only knows how he felt actually doing it! Best example is Perfect Crime Indiana ‘91 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Karice said:

No. His 80s/90s/2010 voice wasn't really sustainable, but AC/DC fucked his voice and the excessive NITL tour killed what was left. At this point the tone and (lack of) power in his voice is just sad, he needs to change it up and do most of the show with his low voice.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, D4NNY said:

You’re really loving the lightbulb emoji recently aren’t you! :lol:
But yes, his voice in ‘91 in particular is painful to even listen to so god only knows how he felt actually doing it! Best example is Perfect Crime Indiana ‘91 👍🏼

Yep, Perfect Crime 1991 in Indiana is exactly what I was talking about in my post. He sounds gutteral, rough, screechy, scratchy in BOTH live versions that are available on YouTube. 🤔 Perfect Crime is rough enough on the Studio Version, but Axl really outdid himself on the live versions of it, sounding even ROUGHER. And midway, he goes back to his normal speaking, low, Baritone voice, and then jumps right back into the gutteral,  rough, screechy, scratchy, voice. If Axl had calmed down on the gutteral, rough, screechy, scratchy voice he was doing like in Perfect Crime, his voice might have been completely fire today and fire in the good way, not fried like it sounds now. 

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I hate that "they're in their 60s" has become the standard excuse for their lackluster shows and Axl's vocals. It's such a ridiculously lazy excuse that has nothing to do with the actual criticisms. :facepalm:

I thought this about Rob Halford and Judas Priest as there was a period he really couldn't hit the high notes on a lot of his songs. The past 5 years he's managed to hit those high, screeching notes though not the same way as his prime. They've managed to play songs throughout their history including live debuts and songs not played in 30-40 years. 

11 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Kiss are 70. Iron Maiden 65. Metallica are 60. Compare their stage shows. It has zero to do with age. So bringing up age is really odd. GnR also play 3 hour shows so again, age has nothing to do with it. It's Not Axl and Slash lifting the sets into place, building the stage and setting off the fireworks is it? But it is them saying 'fuck the fans, lets save a few dollars and cut out all the stage show and pyro' 

Taylor swift isnt comparable to GnR musically, but she is charging similar prices and playing similar venues. If thats not good enough then compare motley crue metallica maiden and kiss to GnR who are older and also similarly priced. Music is subjective, you can 'like' GnRs songs more than those other acts, but the show is much worse. so for those of us that like all those acts, GnR is easily bottom in priorities. And that is inexcusable from the band.

Last time I saw kiss they played for 90 minutes and Paul Stanley is known to lip sync.  If that's your example idk what to tell you.  

GnR shows have never been about pyro and set pieces, just live rock n roll.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Last time I saw kiss they played for 90 minutes and Paul Stanley is known to lip sync.  If that's your example idk what to tell you.  

GnR shows have never been about pyro and set pieces, just live rock n roll.  

Kiss are better live than GnR. you say GnR are just live rock n roll, but they're charging $200 for tickets, playing in stadiums and offering very little actual rock n roll. Continue to defend the indefensible and sadly we'll continue to get these half arsed cheap shows. GnR can play ampitheatres or clubs if they want to be live raw rock n roll and 'Punk as fuck' but in a stadium you give a stadium show. Not a blown up club show with diminishing vocals and efforts. 

• Like 4