2023 WORLD TOUR

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

They don’t? 

They do

This is the first show of NITL vs the last show of the WF'NB tour.  Obviously some similarities in the way they open the show and close it but they have mixed it up quite a bit.  Adding a bunch of different songs in there including some deep cuts.  Moreso they played 36 different songs on the f'n back tour.   But because they open up with the same few songs every night people are going to tell you the set is exactly the same and you're not going to change their mind.

Easy
Brownstone
Chinese
Jungle
DT Jive
Estranged
L&LD
Rocket Queen
YCBM
New Rose
This I Love
Coma
Godfather/SCOM
Better
Civil War
Wish You Were Here
NR
KOHD
Nightrain
--
Patience
Paradise City

Easy
Brownstone
Chinese
Slither
Jungle
DT Jive
Better
L&LD
Reckless Life
Estranged
Rocket Queen
Shadow of your Love
YCBM
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Absurd
Hard Skool
Civil War
Sorry
SCOM
NR
Wichita Lineman
Whole Lotta Rosie
KOHD
Nightrain
---
Coma
Patience
Don't Cry
PC

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Don't damn me!!

Fuck no, I refuse to use emojis so those were laughing exclamation marks. Sorry if I inferred differently. 

As for GNRs Setlists….
I wonder what the count of songs played since 2016 is… They did bring back in some songs they hadn’t played since the old days, they’ve done some covers, the new songs. 
They’ve probably played 35-40 different songs? (Someone here knows this?) 

For me it’s the formulaic approach to the set. I get the opener and closer being the same each night, but it’s been a lot of the same set in the same order with the same covers night after night. 

On 3/5/2023 at 9:06 AM, D4NNY said:

This ad I just seen on Instagram! Good god! 🤣

BAB0EF3F-4276-4475-B57B-A2150E21CFA1.thumb.jpeg.954aec2476a7ed6e537c7ef87a59f067.jpeg

For Cripes Sakes... Slash is now morphing into Gene Simmons.   

It's over. 

And for anyone with OCD... the names not lining up with the photos is maddening.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Fuck no, I refuse to use emojis so those were laughing exclamation marks. Sorry if I inferred differently. 

As for GNRs Setlists….
I wonder what the count of songs played since 2016 is… They did bring back in some songs they hadn’t played since the old days, they’ve done some covers, the new songs. 
They’ve probably played 35-40 different songs? (Someone here knows this?) 

I saw the nerd signal go up.

The number of unique songs they have played since the start of 2016 is....*drumroll*... 52.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, matt1313 said:

For Cripes Sakes... Slash is now morphing into Gene Simmons.   

It's over. 

And for anyone with OCD... the names not lining up with the photos is maddening.  

lol. That picture is a fake and you'll find this sort of crap with lots of other celebrities on social media. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

It was more songs than I would have thought. Like two full sets. 

Things wouldn’t seem as stale if they rotated some songs in and out, with 52 tunes played over the last 6 years there’s enough there to do that, for most acts out there that’s 3 nights sets. 

1 hour ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Switching between St Anger and Frantic between shows isn't switching it up.

Not when you go to Pearl Jam and later era Neil Young shows.

Pearl jam for me in the only act I would do multiple shows. Manchester 2012, 50 songs over 2 nights with only 4 or 5 repeats. Every set is different from start to finish. Imagine if GNR did that. Hoping for a particular start song or rarities will never happen with them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kearnsy said:

Pearl jam for me in the only act I would do multiple shows. Manchester 2012, 50 songs over 2 nights with only 4 or 5 repeats. Every set is different from start to finish. Imagine if GNR did that. Hoping for a particular start song or rarities will never happen with them. 

Guns have 4 albums, while they could switch the sets around a lot more than they do they could never get near this level unless they added another 10 covers 😁

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, thomasmcole said:

Guns have 4 albums, while they could switch the sets around a lot more than they do they could never get near this level unless they added another 10 covers 😁

Yes, more covers will definitely pull in the crowds. :wacko: just need to mix up what they have. Mix everything up. More illusion songs with less boring covers. Although if they brought Paradise City forward, people could end up leaving thinking the show was over. 

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

But would it really make a difference if they'd open with Brownstone instead of Easy? 

They need more material.

I think they start with ISE, Brownstone and CD because they are easier on Axl's voice and warms him up for the show.

I always liked Nightrain as an opener.

• Like 2