2023 WORLD TOUR

4 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Vigo is practically sold out!

Nice but confirmed really almost sold out? Ticketmaster tend to make some shows look sold out by selling the crappiest areas first(locking the rest) like they did with Paris for almost 2 months. Then now, almost all areas are available again.

but if indeed almost sold out, should be a crazy show then!

Of the 20,000+ people at a show, how many do people here think are hoping to hear “new” songs or deep cuts? I’d say maybe 1,000-2,000? If that

People want to go to hear Sweet Child and Jungle and to party with their friends. It’s the same for (almost) any arena band

The band knows that. They are too old to put out meaningful new music and they don’t care. 

For bands I’m not a diehard forum- warrior for, I would want the greatest hits, too. 

Poor sales mean they are playing venues that are too big. The reunion surprise wore off and they’ve toured nonstop. They are an arena band, not a stadium band

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

29 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Nice but confirmed really almost sold out? Ticketmaster tend to make some shows look sold out by selling the crappiest areas first(locking the rest) like they did with Paris for almost 2 months. Then now, almost all areas are available again.

but if indeed almost sold out, should be a crazy show then!

I have also checked out in the town hall of Vigo where they also sell tickets and Corte Ingles (a shop from Spain) and there are no tickets left, only a few ones but the expensive ones (400€)

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 2:57 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Of the 20,000+ people at a show, how many do people here think are hoping to hear “new” songs or deep cuts? I’d say maybe 1,000-2,000? If that

People want to go to hear Sweet Child and Jungle and to party with their friends. It’s the same for (almost) any arena band

The band knows that. They are too old to put out meaningful new music and they don’t care. 

For bands I’m not a diehard forum- warrior for, I would want the greatest hits, too. 

Poor sales mean they are playing venues that are too big. The reunion surprise wore off and they’ve toured nonstop. They are an arena band, not a stadium band

Despite playing to stadiums all over the world for the past 7 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Shouldn't GnR be on this list if the shows are selling as poorly as people say? 

25-tickets-no-fees-for-mo-and-jimmy-tour-live-nation-v0-vgYYzgFldWdNeKjNx93cHiYkISSoxJQ577igqa_-kSU.jpg

There's some big names in there where it feels less like lesser acts have to resort to this and more that its a broader promotion. Are Nickelback, Janet Jackson, Rod Stewart, Shania Twain, and Snoop Dogg/Wiz Khalifa not great selling acts?

4 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Shouldn't GnR be on this list if the shows are selling as poorly as people say? 

25-tickets-no-fees-for-mo-and-jimmy-tour-live-nation-v0-vgYYzgFldWdNeKjNx93cHiYkISSoxJQ577igqa_-kSU.jpg

I truly don’t understand this. All they need to do is make ~100 tickets available for $25 at the worst selling venues and you immediately get a bump in clicks/eyeballs. Plenty of venues have already reduced prices.

22 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I truly don’t understand this. All they need to do is make ~100 tickets available for $25 at the worst selling venues and you immediately get a bump in clicks/eyeballs. Plenty of venues have already reduced prices.

It may just mean the band management/agent didn’t approve. Lots of acts don’t participate in this promo to avoid “fire sale” comparisons. Stupid imo, plenty of people would buy a $25 ticket and spend money on merch and booze.

• Like 1

Thinking about Hyde Park. Really want golden circle though but I jus can’t afford 2 tickets. Does anyone have any experience holding out for tix u til the very last minute (like day before or even on the day) and getting a great deal?

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Thinking about Hyde Park. Really want golden circle though but I jus can’t afford 2 tickets. Does anyone have any experience holding out for tix u til the very last minute (like day before or even on the day) and getting a great deal?

BST Hyde Park are known to actually give away free tickets - I've had them before for there - for shows that aren't selling. So there's always that potential. 

Other than that, I'd be amazed if it gets up to show day without some sort of offer.

You can't lose by waiting really- the very worst that happens is they don't reduce them and you've not lost anything if you weren't planning on buying them at full price anyway. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mystery said:

There's some big names in there where it feels less like lesser acts have to resort to this and more that its a broader promotion. Are Nickelback, Janet Jackson, Rod Stewart, Shania Twain, and Snoop Dogg/Wiz Khalifa not great selling acts?

It may just be that particular shows from those names aren't selling and those shows in certain markets are on the list. Taylor Swift will never be on this list. I doubt Metallica is either. Granted I'm just a fan and don't know the insides of the business but if these Gn'R shows are selling as bad as people on here say why wouldn't you dump 1,000 tickets for $25 (this $25 promotion is almost always lawn /back of amphitheatre/upper deck seats with few exceptions) and get people in the building who will probably buy merch/beer?

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

We went to Hannover last year without tickets. The normal price was 105 EUR,  bought them on the street for 65 EUR. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

It may just be that particular shows from those names aren't selling and those shows in certain markets are on the list. Taylor Swift will never be on this list. I doubt Metallica is either. Granted I'm just a fan and don't know the insides of the business but if these Gn'R shows are selling as bad as people on here say why wouldn't you dump 1,000 tickets for $25 (this $25 promotion is almost always lawn /back of amphitheatre/upper deck seats with few exceptions) and get people in the building who will probably buy merch/beer?

Probably a management/agents thing.

All these acts are likely to be linked in some way as it's a coordinated promotion. 

There will undoubtedly be $25 tickets for GNR shows at some point, but not part of this particular scheme. 

On 5/9/2023 at 10:46 PM, gavgnr said:

Yes, I did it for Muse at O2, waited until 6pm on show day, got them for £40. Kiss O2, again 6pm show day £30. ACDC about 4pm showday £55 Wembley stadium. Prophets of Rage were sold out i think o2 forum kentish town, but got at face value an hour before they went on. If you don't want to pay over the odds then you have to be prepared to wait until the very last minute. However you can't be picky about where you sit or stand. What's there is there and you snatch it up as cheap as possible. It's a brave thing to do! this was all between 2015-2019, i havent done it since the pandemic.

• Like 1

Speaking of awesome.  I was fortunate enough get face value tickets to see Taylor Swift.  It was the best show I have ever seen.  The best concert ever.  I can't imagine how anyone will ever be able to top that - except maybe Taylor Swift on her next tour. 

Taylor's production was top notch.  I can see what my ticket price paid for.

I hope GNR can be a fraction of that awesome.  I love every single GNR song though - so I am grading on a curve.

^^ Tickets costs roughly the same for Swift as GNR from my search - although one has much higher demand.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 2