2023 WORLD TOUR

I wonder why they’re doing – according to Slash – yet another "summer" tour and only then want to focus on the album. I mean, sure, we could ascribe this to the never-ending cash-grab thing, but there must be at least some elementary logic, even if just for Slash and Duff to cope with yet another NITL year. 
I could easily take the cynical approach here, but maybe, just maybe... Could it be they want to start something exciting and gradually add material to the playlist, maybe sort of test the waters? But then, why would they have chosen Silkworms as the first foray, right? 
I just hope this year won’t be just NITL with a new cover and a different deep-cut. One new song is the least they can do, especially considering it was promised for last summer (never to be addressed again, of course). 
I’m being naive here, aren’t I. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I wonder why they’re doing – according to Slash – yet another "summer" tour and only then want to focus on the album. I mean, sure, we could ascribe this to the never-ending cash-grab thing, but there must be at least some elementary logic, even if just for Slash and Duff to cope with yet another NITL year. 
I could easily take the cynical approach here, but maybe, just maybe... Could it be they want to start something exciting and gradually add material to the playlist, maybe sort of test the waters? But then, why would they have chosen Silkworms as the first foray, right? 
I just hope this year won’t be just NITL with a new cover and a different deep-cut. One new song is the least they can do, especially considering it was promised for last summer (never to be addressed again, of course). 

In my opinion if they don't add new songs on this tour we will never hear something more of the CD sessions.

57 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think after this tour, and the general lack of interest in it, GNR might just slip away. At least for a number of years. 

There won't be the demand for them to tour after this, so I think we'll just go to radio silence for years. I don't think there's any plan or scheme now. 

Perhaps in five years or so they'll tour again, but I can't see any big 'farewell tour' or anything like that. Slash and Duff will keep busy, we'll have the occasional sighting of Axl out somewhere and that will be it. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think after this tour, and the general lack of interest in it, GNR might just slip away. At least for a number of years. 

There won't be the demand for them to tour after this, so I think we'll just go to radio silence for years. I don't think there's any plan or scheme now. 

Perhaps in five years or so they'll tour again, but I can't see any big 'farewell tour' or anything like that. Slash and Duff will keep busy, we'll have the occasional sighting of Axl out somewhere and that will be it. 

Man, I hope not. That would contradict everything they've been on about since '16. It would make them utter bullshitters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

They did an arena tour of the USA in 2017, idk why they don’t do arenas

My speculation is that the cost of hiring an otherwise unused stadium is probably not that different to an Arena, so even if they play to a half empty one they'll still make money. 

40 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I disagree. They will milk it until it's dry. 

Next will be another up close and personal style tour, then they can follow it up with another stadium tour. All new show of course. And by all new I mean Think About You is added to the set and Chinese is dropped. 

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Next will be another up close and personal style tour, then they can follow it up with another stadium tour. All new show of course. And by all new I mean Think About You is added to the set and Chinese is dropped. 

i doubt they'll do a whole up close and personal tour. my bet is either nothing for 24 or another asia/SA run.

12 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Highly possible too. 

One or the other really isn't it? I'm leaning towards radio silence, but your scenario I can see playing out for sure. 

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

My speculation is that the cost of hiring an otherwise unused stadium is probably not that different to an Arena, so even if they play to a half empty one they'll still make money. 

Uhm, no!

Stadium booking fees are totally other universe from 15-20.000 Arena's, doesn't matter used or not.

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

They'll be cancelled surely or moved to smaller venues?

It's a game of chicken. People see that sales are slow, so they're waiting for the inevitable price drops and promos

Closer to the concert date you'll start seeing two tickets for the price of one deals and what not. And if they still don't sell then yes cancelations are likely 

Don't know why they think there's still demand for this 

They probably needed to disappear for 5 years then do a "Farewell Tour" to do stadiums again at least in the US

• ABSUЯD 1

8 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Uhm, no!

Stadium booking fees are totally other universe from 15-20.000 Arena's, doesn't matter used or not.

Do you have stats and figures for that? I'd be interested to know.  

I can't think of any other reason to book GNR into stadiums again otherwise. After the last US stadium run Live Nation will be very aware they won't fill stadiums, and they know what they're doing in terms of making money. 

The only reason I can think is that you can turn a decent profit from a half full stadium. Otherwise they'd put them in Arenas again.