Whatever happened to the (rumored) music video for Better?

...and people were genuinely surprised and in disbelief that Ron was done at the end of the 2014 run. You can see he already had one foot out the door as far back as 2012. Don't see why people are taking Ron's side on his pissy messages. Facebook is a public platform and Ron is a public figure. He has to always assume someone could do that. The fan was not egging him on either. He just mentioned the video leaked and Ron nose dived. I would not be be surprised if he did this knowing it would get back to the band's management in order to make a statement. That seemed to be his MO throughout the last few years of his run. I say all of this as a Ron fan and someone who genuinely loves his additions to the album. I even admire he stuck with the band long enough to let them complete touring, but I always found his backhanded way of talking about how much he hated the band kind of annoying. To me, this seems just as bad, if not worse, than Slash ragging on Axl for the duration of 1995/96. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 2

Dude didn't even drink alcohol when he joined GnR and ended up downing bottles of Jägermeister before shows to numb the pain from a spinal injury enough that he could play. I remember how upbeat and well-intentioned he was when he joined the band back in '06 (despite the problems that were already bubbling under the surface with Richard and Robin not being very welcoming). Watching the stars fall away from his eyes over the years that followed was soul-crushing. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mattromero said:

The video that leaked is shit, but it would be amazing if they did the video with the stop motion concept with the desert bird people and shit

yeah i found the leaked video a bit plain. i liked the cheesey intros though :awesomeface:
the concept of bird people sounds super cool. I wonder what kind of bird people there would have been. i think a stop motion video sounds cool in general.

Spoiler

220px-Horus_standing.svg.pngThoth.svgEgyptian gods-like

metroid-dread-chozo-656x656.jpg a chozo from the Metroid series

400px-Revali.pngQuill.pngrito from the zelda series

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Don't see why people are taking Ron's side on his pissy messages. Facebook is a public platform and Ron is a public figure. He has to always assume someone could do that.

He was careless, but being a public figure is not a free pass to leak private conversations. 

And his "pissy" messages were in response to the rudeness of a fan demanding things for absolutely no reason. And again, he was 100% right. Everything he said was true.

• Like 1

^^^ 

I am not saying you are incorrect that Ron's statements were factually true, but if you do not see how going from the fan saying "the music video for Better leaked" to "fuck Axl's band" seems a little mean-spirited, then I do not know what to say. Bummer the dude wanted to talk with Ron about the band he was in at the time. If it bugged Ron so much, maybe he could have just...I don't know....not answered. I have a sneaking suspicion (nothing I can prove of course) that he probably half-expected this  to be made public just to make a point. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LunsJail said:

I never understood why Ron was in this band. He didn’t want to be there and many of the other members didn’t want him there either.

This. I don't get the love for him. He seemed like a spoilt brat post 2011. Constantly moaning publicly with stuff like the above. Having a go at that fan when he responded in the first place. Badmouthing gnr all over the place yet staying in the band regardless for his easy money. If it was that bad and he had integrity why not leave "axls band" as he called them.  

for those who saw nu gnr back in the days is very well know who awesome and cool was ron with the fans, he answer us ALL, he was very responsable for the comeback of estranged and he give his all with his back in pain with a serius lession, idk what happends in the end with ron and gnr but is not fair give him hate for that chat bc was a out of context and "mala leche" thing to ask him that all those years before and in that context

• Like 1

I just watched it for the very first time.

I like it and I think we desperately needed something like this in 2008.

The album was very light on promotion and Better should have been the first single. 

It was the best cross-over option and this video puts a face to the Chinese Democracy era- they should have released it!

On 12/2/2022 at 3:01 PM, rumandraisin said:

This. I don't get the love for him. He seemed like a spoilt brat post 2011. Constantly moaning publicly with stuff like the above. Having a go at that fan when he responded in the first place. Badmouthing gnr all over the place yet staying in the band regardless for his easy money. If it was that bad and he had integrity why not leave "axls band" as he called them.  

Agree.  Axl gave Ron a decent payday and probably helped Ron’s ego so he actually felt relevant and that he’d “made it”.  When in reality he was just a touring musician in Axl’s solo band.  Dude was embarrassing.  

I have mixed feelings on Ron doing that, but I will say that that "Better" video is SO cringey and I am very glad it was shelved. The new member opening is so corny (no doubt they wanted introduce them to the public, but it was so hokey and it included two members that you know Axl wish were still there), followed by live footage where everyone looks cool, but it's moving so fast it's distracting. Axl was trying to take the band in a new musical direction and that video felt too generic for it - the song deserved better (no pun intended).

Edited by BangoSkank

That whole situation with the better video is just more confirmation (to me at least) that Axl is totally unsure of himself. 
I remember an old interview where he said that the UYI records didn’t come out how he’d hoped and wished he’d had more time to tinker with it.

We should be grateful that we got any music after AFD really.