Rolling Stone: The 200 Greatest Singers of all Time

7 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I really couldn't care less about anything Rolling Stone puts out these days, but how is Chris Cornell not on that list? 

Your statement is a contradiction. ;) 

4 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Axl, Freddie, Robert, Patton, Bon, Lil Richard, Tyler, Baz. 

Mike Patton yes and Ian Gillan no? I don't think so. 

Anyway, the list is a joke. 

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Get the fuck out of here... Bob Dylan at #15?? What the hell?? And some of the others placing high on that list, while Michael Jackson is #86?? That list is bullshit. Also it's all highly subjective anyway.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

Honestly they do this intentionally so that the list gets discussion and people post it everywhere, getting them more clicks. They do this stuff all the time and are a very unserious publication, not to be paid attention to imo.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RichardNixon said:

Country Love ahead of Axl? 

I also agree that Wokeness was involved in the making of this list. 

Yes. That's the only reason Michael Jackson so far behind. But fuck them believing into liars and not able to judge his abilities.

• Like 2

8. Beyoncé? Give me a friggin' break. 

Sinatra should have been ranked #1.

Not a terrible list, but yes, Wokeness and identity politics were at play, and I say that as someone who is left-of-center. 

Also, Tom Yorke at 34? I like Radiohead alright, but that's just silly. 

And no Steven Tyler? 

Edited by RichardNixon
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Get the fuck out of here... Bob Dylan at #15?? What the hell?? And some of the others placing high on that list, while Michael Jackson is #86?? That list is bullshit. Also it's all highly subjective anyway.

MJ is always underrated as vocalist.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Stupid list overall; but not as stupid as implying Motown/Black legends such as Aretha Franklin or Little Richard are being ranked highly because of woke politics.

P.S. The Godfather of Soul Mr James Brown should be ranked higher. There's a lot I'd change about the rankings.

I think Franklin deserves the first place. With that being said, politics was likely a factor when making the list.

• Like 1

With the amount of people complaining about "wokeness" I forgot this is a GNR fan forum and not a suburban community Facebook page :lol:

People like Sam Cooke, Aretha, Ray Charles, are all trailblazers that the white musicians who folks here wish took their spot in the top 10 were inspired by.  Factor in Beyonce's huge impact on the music world with her voice, as well as Mariah and Whitney, etc.

I am not saying I like any of their voices subjectively more than Freddie or Axl, but you sure as hell can make much more of a logical statement about things than simply "they intentionally left out white musicians in the top 10 because of identity politics and wokeness"

Edited by WhazUp
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

With the amount of people complaining about "wokeness" I forgot this is a GNR fan forum and not a suburban community Facebook page :lol:

People like Sam Cooke, Aretha, Ray Charles, are all trailblazers that the white musicians who folks here wish took their spot in the top 10 were inspired by.  Factor in Beyonce's huge impact on the music world with her voice, as well as Mariah and Whitney, etc.

I am not saying I like any of their voices subjectively more than Freddie or Axl, but you sure as hell can make much more of a logical statement about things than simply "they intentionally left out white musicians in the top 10 because of identity politics and wokeness"

Also there is one white woman in the top 10 so.. they’re all wrong in every kind of way 🤣

• Like 1