Joe Rogan is a moron, but an occasionally entertaining one. I don't agree with his politics, but I listen to his podcasts sometimes if there's a good guest. Rogan adds nothing to the experience and even detracts from it sometimes, but it can still be fulfilling if the guest is motivated to talk as much as possible and is passionate about what they're discussing.

However, if there's any hint of hesitancy or unwillingness to dive into certain subjects, it's useless. Joe Rogan just isn't the type of interviewer that can make a nervous guest comfortable. Axl is not a good fit for that environment imo. Axl has too many sensitive subjects that Rogan will obliviously bumble into, and he comes off a little insulting sometimes which would make Axl shut down more. I also think that if politics get brought up, it would get a little awkward because of how much those two differ as far as political leanings are concerned.

I want Axl to be interviewed by Marc Maron or Conan O'Brien, people who actually know what a real interview is and how to handle serious topics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I doubt Axl would ever wanna be in the same room as Joe Rogan

I think Rogan is probably not an awful person to have a short, non-serious conversation with. I can believe a little small talk at a restaurant wasn't too bad for Axl, and Axl was probably being polite when he invited Rogan to the concert.

I definitely don't think Axl would like being locked in an room with him for 3 hours. 

4 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Joe Rogan is a moron, but an occasionally entertaining one. I don't agree with his politics, but I listen to his podcasts sometimes if there's a good guest. Rogan adds nothing to the experience and even detracts from it sometimes, but it can still be fulfilling if the guest is motivated to talk as much as possible and is passionate about what they're discussing.

However, if there's any hint of hesitancy or unwillingness to dive into certain subjects, it's useless. Joe Rogan just isn't the type of interviewer that can make a nervous guest comfortable. Axl is not a good fit for that environment imo. Axl has too many sensitive subjects that Rogan will obliviously bumble into, and he comes off a little insulting sometimes which would make Axl shut down more. I also think that if politics get brought up, it would get a little awkward because of how much those two differ as far as political leanings are concerned.

I want Axl to be interviewed by Marc Maron or Conan O'Brien, people who actually know what a real interview is and how to handle serious topics.

Conan would be a great one too, I would take him or Maron over Joe anyday for an Axl interview!  Plus neither would waste time asking if Axl ever tried DMT lol

https://www.nme.com/news/music/instagram-reacts-axl-rose-looks-less-than-pleased-in-joe-rogan-selfie-3472983

NME picked up the story too. 

"Regardless, the image is quickly becoming a hit among fans, with countless followers taking to the comment section to poke fun at Rose’s response to having his picture taken with Rogan.

“He looks like he just got done listening to Joe talk about vitamins for 20 minutes,” one wrote in the comment section. Another agreed, adding: “It’s funny bc the first pic almost looks like a fan interrupted dinner for a photo he didn’t want to take.”

Another person quipped: “When your mom forces you to take a photo with her to send to her book club friends.” A fourth message read: “Joe looks like a fan that’s super excited to meet a rock star. And Axl looks like Joe just called him out for getting some facts wrong about Ancient Spartan diet and exercise nutrition.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really hope having Axl on Joe's podcast. Having him for 2 or 3 hours might be the new holy grail. Joe is not so much on GNR detail, such as we hard core fans are, so I don't think this interview make Axl unconfortable. Axl also like comedy/jokes a lot, so maybe this is the way to get into him. Fingers crossed! we never know, this is GNR

On 1/21/2023 at 9:44 PM, WhazUp said:

Not that Joe is the only one, but he certainly was riding high on some rather far out shit regarding COVID that was long long debunked by the time he arrived there lol.  Not too like get into it fully cause honestly I am still fatigued from the Joe debate with the pressure in Spotify to drop him and it was a huge thing, but while I do get the "brings on people of different views" thing - personally I do think it can be potentially irresponsible to put known entities with rather... detrimental views and conspiracy theories such as Alex Jones (and more) and putting them in a situation that could be perceived as them having credibility or clout  

I just would rather not see Axl on his podcast and based on Axl's views I don't think we really gotta worry about it anyways, not to mention the dude doesn't do 5 minute interviews much let alone a 1-3 hour one :lol:

Plus I don't know if Axl has even done DMT anyways which would eliminate a lot of what Joe would bring up

Long long debunked... by who?  The WHO?  FDA? NIH? CNN?  MSNBC?  BBC? 

I bet you believed in masking too.

Natural selection.  

• Haha 2

On 7/26/2023 at 7:05 AM, D.. said:

Wow I'm surprised to read so many negative comments towards Joe Rogan on a Gn'R forum, especially this one.

You shouldn't be.  All those same people get their news from the mainstream media.  Probably their science, too.  If they're told to hate somebody by Anderson Cooper or Joe Biden, they will.  

It's no surprise, and it's best to ignore them and let them learn the hard way.  They all have it coming... and it really sucks when you realize you've been a brainwashed sheep for years, or even decades.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, matt1313 said:

You shouldn't be.  All those same people get their news from the mainstream media.  Probably their science, too.  If they're told to hate somebody by Anderson Cooper or Joe Biden, they will.  

It's no surprise, and it's best to ignore them and let them learn the hard way.  They all have it coming... and it really sucks when you realize you've been a brainwashed sheep for years, or even decades.  

"Brainwashed sheep" well I can check that off the "independent thinkers who just so happen to believe everything OAN tells them" Bingo card :lol: if you next rant about "PC culture" or use the term "woke" unironically, I think I got a clean sweep

I also find it ironic that "it is best to ignore them" is your advice when you went out of your way to quote a 5-month old post of mine to go off about and making wrong assumptions with lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyways back on the topic of interviews, I think regarding longer form interviews with Axl, considering Axl hasn't done many the past 20 years I would want a interviewer who would actually ask musical questions.  Back when I tuned into his show rarely, I found Joe's enterviews with Maynard James Keenan for example somewhat entertaining but not for musical reasons

The problem is, beyond Marc Maron who I brought up previously, are there any relatively big name people with interview podcasts/shows nowadays who would be able to dig deep musically and ask Axl about things we have always wondered about?

Edited by WhazUp

4 hours ago, matt1313 said:

Crawl back into your hole, loser.

5 hours ago, WhazUp said:

The problem is, beyond Marc Maron who I brought up previously, are there any relatively big name people with interview podcasts/shows nowadays who would be able to dig deep musically and ask Axl about things we have always wondered about?

Jian Ghomeshi

Edited by ©GnrPersia

4 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Jian Ghomeshi

I guess not...

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/sarah-polley-film-television-actress-director-trauma-jian-ghomeshi-historical-assault-allegations-1.6363477

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jian_Ghomeshi

He doesn't seem to have any related shows or podcasts with this kind of interviews currently anyway.

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Acquitted of all charges by the court of law and is a free man.

So he's definitely fine to do any kind of shows.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

But he doesn't have a show currently doing this kind of interviews, as far as I can see.

Yes that's true. 'Cause he got cancelled in Canadians public domain. So sad...

So he's having this one called Roqe focusing on Persians in diaspora.

10 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Anyways back on the topic of interviews, I think regarding longer form interviews with Axl, considering Axl hasn't done many the past 20 years I would want a interviewer who would actually ask musical questions.  Back when I tuned into his show rarely, I found Joe's enterviews with Maynard James Keenan for example somewhat entertaining but not for musical reasons

I think Joe would dive more outside of Axls music and more into Axls other interests, life and him as a person. All honestly I think Axl would enjoy that more than hearing the same music questions from Marc Maron or other mentioned music focused interviewers.

• Like 1

Joe Rogan is a comedian first, and comedians are blunt and honest, something missing in society today. That may be why some think he “doesn’t make his guests comfortable.” But he is respectful and thoughtful with his boldness. He’s one of the best conversationalists out there. His podcast gets more listeners than any cable news network show. He’s not afraid to share political beliefs, and cut through the meaningless fat and get straight to what matters. It’s funny some of you say you don’t agree with his politics. He’s a fucking independent lmao. If you actually listen, he has many progressive feelings to pair with his right leaning feelings. He’s able to dive into topics with guests that just don’t come up on other interviews. He gets real, he questions the things that actually matter. His podcasts are some of the most insightful all around forms of media out there right now. Some, are clearly closed minded and turned off over his vaccine headlines… and hindsight 20/20… the mother fucker was more right than the horribly corrupt CDC/Fauci… just listen to his podcasts with the singer of the Chili Peppers, or Steven Tyler to get a feel. 

38 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

… just listen to his podcasts with the singer of the Chili Peppers, or Steven Tyler to get a feel. 

Or listen to his interviews with Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield, and David Lee Roth to get a sense of the kind of trainwreck that often happens with musicians on his shows. All of these interviews were total wastes of time that disappointed fans of those guys. No matter how much people try to say how skillfully Joe Rogan knows how to lead a conversation or how he actually does research, I can't listen to any of those interviews and believe it for a moment. Maybe he gets lucky and hits it off with some people, but the chances of it being a wasted opportunity is too high. 

3 hours ago, vloors said:

I think Joe would dive more outside of Axls music and more into Axls other interests, life and him as a person. All honestly I think Axl would enjoy that more than hearing the same music questions from Marc Maron or other mentioned music focused interviewers.

Yea...and those saying he couldn't sit for that long...he did sit in for hours with Eddie.T back in like 2006...if you can stomach Eddie that long, sure he'd be ok with Joe! It would be one of the most watched episodes ever! Be sure, Joe's people have asked him at least once....maybe If he promises they can bash a Trump Pinata live on air....

46 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea...and those saying he couldn't sit for that long...he did sit in for hours with Eddie.T back in like 2006...if you can stomach Eddie that long, sure he'd be ok with Joe! It would be one of the most watched episodes ever! Be sure, Joe's people have asked him at least once....maybe If he promises they can bash a Trump Pinata live on air....

If he can sit through that China Exchange chat with that unbelievably annoying guy (whatever his name is) he can sit through anything 😂

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 2