15 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

that guy is a complete nutcase and a cancer. but doesnt surprise me lots of stupid americans listen to him. and stuff like this is the exact reason why axl will never be on his show. he would never want to be associated with subhumans like that

So anyone that has a different opinion in your eyes is a nutcase and cancer lol goodluck in life then. Stay in your box.

Have a look at Axls past and all the shady shit his done and opinions he had before casting the first stone sir.

I also bet you are not 100 percent correct all the time either unless you're a narcissist and believe you are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downzy said:

The difference here being that no one has an audience or platform like Rogan.  Everyone is wrong from time to time, but very few have the audience Rogan has. 

The fact he spews the nonsense he does with little or no responsibility for what he says to his millions of listeners is what myself and others take issue with. 

You have to be a complete moron to believe every single thing from all media platforms including JRE that you are exposed to and not use your own judgement.

Edited by vloors

49 minutes ago, vloors said:

You have to be a complete moron to believe every single thing from all media platforms including JRE that you are exposed to and not use your own judgement.

There are sadly more than enough cases (read: all conspiracy idiots) that proof your point (them being complete morons).

Edited by Spoon87
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Underhardy said:

To anyone spouting that Rogan just “spews lunatic conspiracy theories,” you need to step a bit out of your box. The truth is usually always in the middle, and Rogan is an incredibly intelligent, articulate man. He never talks about anything without that being substance behind his thoughts. Let’s not mince words here, it’s about Covid misinformation. But in retrospect, most of what he said that was contrary to what our own governments were telling us, turned out to be correct. 

Agree 100%.  JR has people from all walks of life on his podcast, “both sides of the aisle,” etc.  Personally, as a proponent of free speech, I find his podcast to be a great forum.  It’s up to the listener to decide what speech he/she agrees with.

14 hours ago, Underhardy said:

To anyone spouting that Rogan just “spews lunatic conspiracy theories,” you need to step a bit out of your box. The truth is usually always in the middle, and Rogan is an incredibly intelligent, articulate man. He never talks about anything without that being substance behind his thoughts. Let’s not mince words here, it’s about Covid misinformation. But in retrospect, most of what he said that was contrary to what our own governments were telling us, turned out to be correct. 

3 hours ago, surforia said:

Agree 100%.  JR has people from all walks of life on his podcast, “both sides of the aisle,” etc.  Personally, as a proponent of free speech, I find his podcast to be a great forum.  It’s up to the listener to decide what speech he/she agrees with.

Can’t be surprised. We live in a society (and this concerns more or less all "Western culture" countries) that’s been polarized to such an extreme that basically anyone who doesn’t agree with official mainstream/establishment mass media propaganda regarding anything important or global, is automatically assigned a scarlet letter and put in a box, no matter whether they’re called a conspiracy theorist, Putin-supporter, flat-earther, or – in my country – a "disinformator" or "desolate", which stands for pretty much a sum of all of the aforesaid. 
There used to be dialogue. There used to be natural resistance to lies from untrustworthy "authorities". Listen to Bill Hicks or George Carlin. A few years passed and all this seems to be gone (especially in the recent few, right?). At least out in general public – although that image is always a bit twisted; after all, the internet is basically anonymous, so people go wild, don’t they. 
It’s sad and kind of hilarious at the same time. The history is either going in circles or in a spiral. I wonder in which direction...
End of lecture. 
(PS: I only know JR through memes, never seen a single episode.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2023 at 12:41 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

that guy is a complete nutcase and a cancer. but doesnt surprise me lots of stupid americans listen to him. and stuff like this is the exact reason why axl will never be on his show. he would never want to be associated with subhumans like that

I mostly agree with you but I think you might have a little too much faith in Axl. We're talking about a guy who was obsessed with Charles Manson, had his energy read by a psychic named Yoda, was into past life regression, etc. Judging by that recent clip of Rogan speaking about GnR, it appears that Axl is very familiar with Rogan's work. If he didn't like the guy, I don't think he would have invited him backstage in Athens.

Rogan used to be amusing at times years ago because he was a pot smoking comedian who would talk rubbish with random celebrities and high profile people. Like a more sanitized evolution of Howard Stern. Then he started to wade into politics and it all went to hell. Many Americans are into conspiracy theories unfortunately. There is a lot of distrust in once hallowed institutions in the country like the media, supreme court, presidency, etc. So I guess Rogan found his angle to keep his show growing and now he has a huge following. Some are the original fans who enjoyed the nonsense he would talk about like UFOs and Big Foot - and then there are his true believers who think the election was stolen or democrats are vampires who drink the blood of children or whatever conspiracy theory they're into now. He has a huge platform though and it would be great promotion to go on his show for a new tour or album.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, downzy said:

That still doesn't absolve Rogan (or anyone else with a huge platform) for being responsible for what they put out there. 

It's a cop out to say, "I can say whatever I want and if people choose to believe me, that's on them." 

You obviously dont believe in freedom of speech.

The thing is you also follow a band with a huge platform with misogynistic/violent lyrics that continue to perform or sell those songs without any responsibility to their own millions of listeners. But thats ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rogan’s had his moment. There was a period when he was interviewing huge names like Robert Downey Jr, political heavy hitters like Bernie Sanders, Andrew Yang.. along with a smattering of compelling scientists and rock stars.. then Covid hit and he became the spokesperson for vaccine skepticism… he became a face in the tribal culture wars… then his big Spotify deal (which I think has contributed to his declining popularity)… he was inescapable. That’s all died down now, and he seems to be far less in the cultural consciousness. 

coupled with the fact every c*nt has a podcast now, the long form conversation is now no longer a novelty in media. I mostly dislike how we are now subjected to morons like Chris Delia,  Bryan Callen, Brendan Schaub, Tom Segura,  Andrew Santino and other unfunny ‘bro’ comedians who rogan kicked the door open for. Theo Von and Tim Dillon are quite funny though.

I appreciate people are put off by his pseudo-bro-intellectualism. I can’t stomach too much of it. But I’d never say no to a long-form interview with Axl, just because I don’t agree with the hosts views on topics. I also don’t understand people saying ‘our sweet virtuous prince axl wouldnt associate with Joe rogan’… he literally invited Joe on stage to watch a gig for free. And if we are to believe rogan, chatted warmly with him in a restaurant. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

typical conspiracy language

Not really, at least not the hard core conspiracy people. They are the ones talking about chemtrails, moon is a projection, flat earth, new world order, everything is a false flag/distraction. 

I have an open mind, and have met some crazy conspiracy theory people. Some are too far gone to even try to talk any sense into. Certain personalities/disorders/mental issues are attracted to conspiracy theories, which is why most folks who are into that believe in most of them, and not just one or two, which the latter is more than reasonable. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Could be Vanessa too.

I don't like the guy, but what he said about music being some kind of a drug is really what I think too. 

Who is Vanessa to Axl again?

Also, listen to that whole episode man. There's plenty of great discussion.

Edited by Carne_asaDA
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Who is Vanessa to Axl again?

Also, listen to that whole episode man. There's plenty of great discussion.

Vanessa is Beta’s daughter, she’s always at Axl’s side on the backstage footage in Perhaps video. I assume she’s also his personal assistant. 

• Like 2