The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Unforgiven 2 and 3 are arguably better than the original. Bleeding Me is a cool song, Last Caress, Orion….

Unforgiven II might be able to challenge the original, but no way on earth is unforgiven III a better song than The Unforgiven. Not even close.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Good - but not great.

Found a 7th great one 'Fade To Black'.

Anyway, back on topic...*fruitlessly howls in the vacuum of space*

yea, and we get  ABSURD, which is not great, good or average, its awful

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

While Metallica does indeed have more albums, the only songs I think are truly great/GNR level are...For Whom the Bell Tolls, Master of Puppets, One, Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters. So for me personally GNR has a lot more material to offer.

But you're right they treat their fans way better.

You migh enjoy some of their load/reload era if you prefer a more rock sound. For me Metallica and GNR are my favourites, and if GNR had more records maybe they'd be my number 1 but Metallica has more records and a better streak of great albums (few not so great also). But just like GNR they are not for everyone

13 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Unforgiven 2 and 3 are arguably better than the original. Bleeding Me is a cool song, Last Caress, Orion….

Call Of Ktulullulululu, Sad But True, Battery, Whiplash, Seek & Destroy, the list goes on... wish So What would come out every so often live

Edited by kanecrescente

4 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

yea, and we get  ABSURD, which is not great, good or average, its awful

Yeah, it's a crying shame that there's a good chance GNRs catalogue has been rounded off with Absurd and HardSkool...one utterly forgettable song or and another that's skirting so close to awful it's comical.

Edited by Tom2112

21 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Call Of Ktulullulululu, Sad But True, Battery, Whiplash, Seek & Destroy, the list goes on... wish So What would come out every so often live

Basically the entire Kill ‘Em” All album is a delight to listen to when driving. Actually they have a solid collection of songs that always sound good live. I have seen Metallica countless times over the years. Far better show than GNR has been in ions. 

Edited by smokingarthur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Basically the entire Kill ‘Em” All album is a delight to listen to when driving. Actually they have a solid collection of songs that always sound good live. I have seen Metallica countless times over the years. Far better show than GNR has been in ions. 

I've been in a Live Album phase with Metallica since seeing them for the first time in Amsterdam last month... absolutely pissed all over GNR in every aspect of performance 

Just now, kanecrescente said:

I've been in a Live Album phase with Metallica since seeing them for the first time in Amsterdam last month... absolutely pissed all over GNR in every aspect of performance 

for me, not sure about the lead guitar playing aspect. 

Just now, kanecrescente said:

I have seen Metallica live far more than GNR. Night and day difference. Metallica shows are actually enjoyable even when James’ voice strains. Granted, Axl’s songs are infinitely harder to sing. But the general atmosphere and interaction and energy during Metallica shows are second to none. Much better merchandise as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Fun to see this thread getting "hot" due to the discussion turning to another, more active band.

I also enjoy Gn'R being compared to the RHCP. The contrast between what they do and Axl doesn't do is a thrill.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Why are we always comparing to a shit band like Metallica? Who cares how often they take a dump? Let's compare to The Beatles instead! Why can Guns N' Roses release four records in two years as Beatles did? Why? Why? Why? WHY?? *whine and complain a bit more*

Great question. Especially with 2 of those records already in the bag right..?