The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

40 minutes ago, LandOla said:

I've heard from a reliable source that the next single will be indeed Perhaps.

But it's a slightly revamped version and the song title has changed to Purrhaps and the single cover features one of Axls cats.

This will be interesting. 

Shut the fuck up don't give them any ideas 😂

Actually, I don't hate it the more I think about it. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

32 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

While Axl called OMG a demo in 2008 I don't think it was actually intended as one when it was released in 1999. I think he was expecting the song to be a radio hit and and when it wasn't he tried to distance himself from it.

Yep.  Maybe it didn’t necessarily fit in with any album plans or release but they released it for mass consumption as if it were single and tried to get radio play 

It wasn’t a demo. They just didn’t like the response it got 

A demo is meant as a demonstration to show glimpses of what a finished work would be. They finished the work and released it.

Maybe afterwards it changed and it was a way to view it as a process. At the time though? No way did they release it as a demo 

Edited by guitarpatch

46 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Well technically those songs were never released in any capacity, OMG was obviously on the End Of Days soundtrack as a demo. But the leaks don’t discredit those tracks as new simply because we chose to “illegally” listen to them in their early stages. 

What? TIL was on Chinese, OMG was on the End of Days soundtrack and Hard Skool and Absurd were released last year.

All official releases by Guns N' Roses.

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What? TIL was on Chinese, OMG was on the End of Days soundtrack and Hard Skool and Absurd were released last year.

All official releases by Guns N' Roses.

Obviously I’m referring to the unreleased leaks plus the updated version of OMG. Certainly I’m aware of HS and Absurd. We’ve already concluded the fate of Going Down and likely SOG as well. 

Just because OMG was released on a soundtrack while many suggest Axl retroactively called it a “demo” doesn’t change the fact that there is another version floating around. And certainly nothing has stopped GNR from releasing more than one version of the same song on multiple albums in the past. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Yep.  Maybe it didn’t necessarily fit in with any album plans or release but they released it for mass consumption as if it were single and tried to get radio play 

It wasn’t a demo. They just didn’t like the response it got 

A demo is meant as a demonstration to show glimpses of what a finished work would be. They finished the work and released it.

Maybe afterwards it changed and it was a way to view it as a process. At the time though? No way did they release it as a demo 

The quality was demo like though and the mixing a rush job. The drums were poorly mixed on it. At least the 2006 mix with the reworked Brain drums has a bit of life to it, albeit hard to listen to be sure of the structure of it with guitars cutting in and out to allow Bumble to add his parts. 

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The quality was demo like though and the mixing a rush job. The drums were poorly mixed on it. At least the 2006 mix with the reworked Brain drums has a bit of life to it, albeit hard to listen to be sure of the structure of it with guitars cutting in and out to allow Bumble to add his parts. 

Whatever, it was an official release under the GnR moniker and we all can listen to the song since 1999.

It should only be released again as a b-side or bonus track and not be part of a new album for fucks sake!! XD

Same with Hard Skool, Absurd, TIL Remix and all that.

• Like 1

I don't consider OMG released in 1999 a demo, it was clearly Axl's attempt to show what direction he wanted at that moment, despite the fiasco being talked about at the time because Live Era was being released. But for me it's one of the worst GNR songs. Basically the main riffs of Absurd with Slash were taken from the demo with Ron Thal, and I really thought it was in bad taste. As much as I like Ron, I don't think he did anything great with Guns. Fortus has been in the band for over twenty years, and honestly he's a very talented musician and I don't see Axl valuing him as he should, he played on some parts of Chinese but it didn't have an impact either. Chinese is by Robin Finck and Buckethead, these two made CD history. The leaked Hardskool demo is infinitely so much better to the one released with Slash, the demo sounds like a finished song ready to be released, and that version is amazing. I don't believe we'll get anything new from this band. Perhaps, I'm afraid, Atlas, Oklahoma became Frankenstein collages music.

Edited by TheSlashrose

2 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

I'm reading the unauthorized GNR biography written by Mick Wall, in an excerpt he mentions that initially Oklahoma was the title for Riad and the bedouins, so I assume that the instrumental track leaked as Oklahoma has changed its name

Which biography? He's written a few, hasn't he? I don't think Oklahoma was ever the name for Rhiad, they were always different songs.

In the 2008 chats Axl said Oklahoma became Berlin... but he also called Hardschool "Jackie Chan" so who knows what the real titles are...

Oklahoma and Riad were alternates on the HOB 2001 setlist. Some fans speculated the two were the same song for years, including the one that asked Axl the question about it in the chats. Hate to be a Pele, but while Axl may have had a song formed in his head for Oklahoma, I don't think he ever got around to recording vocals for it, sort of like the "bitch like you" version of Silkworms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Hate to be a Pele, but while Axl may have had a song formed in his head for Oklahoma, I don't think he ever got around to recording vocals for it, sort of like the "bitch like you" version of Silkworms.

While that's possible (for Silkworms) I do believe they recorded a version of Silkworms with the now remoded vocal parts (chorus) we initially heard live over 20 years ago, which are missing from the Bumblefoot CD era leak and the eventual released Absurd.  

We have the 2000 mix and the Bumblefoot leak, and the released version, and Axl said in 2008 the chorus is gone, referring to the live versions, but maybe he was referring to both the live versions we heard up to that point, and the unreleased studio version. My guess is the Bumblefoot leaked mix is from 2006-2008. So, between 2001-2005, Axl may have recorded additional vocals for Silkworms, we know he recorded vocals for other songs during that time.

My ideal Silkworms mix would be similar to the Bumblefoot one, but with the omitted vocals present, and all of Bucket's work and no Bumblefoot. Such a mix very well could exist, or be similar to what I described with the old unnecessarily long intro.

Josh's drums on the 2000 Village mix kicks major ass. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 10:15 PM, SoulMonster said:

That's subjective. If you don't like it, don't attend. If many people agree with you, it will die out naturally. Based on reviews from the Australian leg last year, the shows are still great. We will see what happens. 

I can confirm that! I went to the show in Auckland and it was one of the best concerts I've ever attended :) 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:01 PM, El Guapo said:

If Perhaps really is the next single I hope they changed all of it.:D

The Chorus is very weak, hidden (badly) by a ton of layers. 

The verses are ok but contain way too many "hay, hay, uaah, aaahhh" Axlisms which become quite annoying quickly.

That little Piano bit is cool though. :D

imo.

Yeah I’ve always said they should replace the “hey heyyy”s on Perhaps and the “ohhhh”s on Atlas with guitar bends and have Melissa sing the “you’re all alone” part on Perhaps (both live and in the studio).

They listened to us when we said to cut out the intro on Hardschool and change the bridge. We’ll see if they listen now.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

They listened to us when we said to cut out the intro on Hardschool and change the bridge. We’ll see if they listen now.

There's no reason to think the released version of Hardschool is much different from the 2008~ version. They used the old drums and vocals according to Slash, and Absurd is basically the same as the demo with Bumblefoot... I don't think Slash and Duff changed the structure of Axl's songs, they were just pasted into the songs as they existed from 2008-15...

I agree Melissa should do the "all alone" parts on Perhaps though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's no reason to think the released version of Hardschool is much different from the 2008~ version. They used the old drums and vocals according to Slash, and Absurd is basically the same as the demo with Bumblefoot... I don't think Slash and Duff changed the structure of Axl's songs, they were just pasted into the songs as they existed from 2008-15...

I agree Melissa should do the "all alone" parts on Perhaps though.

Good point. The BBF-era version of HardSkool is probably not too far off from what we got.

In other news, if Atlas really does happen, I wonder if the title will change. Apparently there was a rumor on Reddit not too long ago that it’s now called Never Said.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Good point. The BBF-era version of HardSkool is probably not too far off from what we got.

In other news, if Atlas really does happen, I wonder if the title will change. Apparently there was a rumor on Reddit not too long ago that it’s now called Never Said.

I wouldn't pay much attention to reddit rumours, a year or two ago people on there were saying it was called "Shoulders"... :lol:

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

So it looks like Atlas/Perhaps is indeed the next combo. Then probably OMG 2 and some other track. I really like SOG but I get the feeling it was dropped. Tommy bought the rights back to Going Down and Ten Percenter so it's not Going Down.

If he bought the rights back, I wonder why he isn’t releasing them on his new album? Has this been confirmed? Going Down is a good song and should see a proper release. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

If he bought the rights back, I wonder why he isn’t releasing them on his new album? Has this been confirmed? Going Down is a good song and should see a proper release. 

Been wondering that too. The original demo where it’s just Tommy on his own is better than what nuGuns eventually did with it anyways.

• Like 3