The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If you say so .. They played an instrumental part of the song to start every show for years and never got around to releasing it ... Now if it does get released (over 10 years later) it's going to not even be the same as it was then ... This band is a JOKE 

You know that as a fact? Wtf are you even saying?

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

You’re still implying that it’s not called The General. And you appear to be backtracking!

Whats the song called then? 😜

Idk just that Tommy said it was a working title based on Chinese food or something. It’s been so many years we’ve been obsessing over these stupid songs :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

You’re still implying that it’s not called The General. And you appear to be backtracking!

Whats the song called then? 😜

I think he’s just going off the fact that when brain wrote the song he just called it The General cause he happened to be eating General Tso’s Chicken at the time, so it’s safe to say that it was originally intended to be nothing more than a working title/ placeholder name. That said, maybe Axl just thought it sounded cool and chose to keep it regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Imagine if Axl were still able to sing these songs the way his original vocals were recorded…

I'm really afraid of Axl not blowing his voice out like he did last year, the Tel Aviv show didnt look to promising from this point of view. If it happens some of these songs might never get played live. 

2 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Imagine if Axl were still able to sing these songs the way his original vocals were recorded…

I’d just be happy to get the songs. If he chooses to sing them live that’s a bonus. 

• Like 4

Just now, Spoon87 said:

When they released Absurd as the first of the two singles back then I was on vacation in northern Germany.

Guess where I am for this remaining week again, guys and girls?

Fuck yeah, it's happening!  :lol::facepalm::headbang:

Maybe just move there permanently then…

I know I always ask this, but has anyone checked to see if General is in linkfire yet?

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I still can’t believe he picked Silkworms as the first release since Chinese and with Slash and Duff back. 

That was an ODD choice for sure. But it was one of the first songs he played live back in the start of the Chinese era

I can't do this to myself. I can't allow myself to get excited. My will is broken, the pain is too raw. I will not acknowledge this development again until it's either played live or released. Then I'm going to spunk all over my own face. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What worries me is that Marco Beltrami said (a long time ago) that Seven was a better song than The General. So even if there is a chance The General might finally be released, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

What if I don't even like the song?

I'm excited about Perhaps though. I already know the song has potential and hope they actually improved it (instead of butchering it). The soundcheck sounds promising.

Edited by Lethalis