The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

8 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Sorry was another song that was described nothing like it sounds like. 
Forgot about Cuban Skies. There has to be at least ten more songs with vocals. 

To be fair I'll defend Sebastian's description of Sorry. The locker disc version is pretty much as he described it so before it had its final mix he was right, it was an angry grinding song, the guitars in the chorus were fierce as fuck. By the time the album came they'd softened it a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Do we know if Zodiac and Seven are even two different songs?

I'm assuming seven is referring to the film Se7en, right? Especially since Axl's already sampled from that film. It's about a serial killer. The Zodiac was a serial killer. Both are related to numbers.

The 7th sign of the Zodiac is Libra.

Libra starts with an L just like Leo.

Slash is a Leo.

The song is about Slash.

:lol:

A valid point. Zodiac could well have become Seven. Zodiac is brilliant either way.

Although wasn't Zodiac referred to along with Quick Song in 2005 as a separate song to Seven come to think of it. 

Edited by rumandraisin

47 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I most want a final studio version of Atlus Shrugged with a Beatles-ish vibe.

Then State of Grace, followed by Perhaps and The General. And an official release of Oh My God.

Of course I want more than that but if we do get those I'll be at peace.

I want all of it. If I had to pick just one, I'd probably go with Down By The Ocean, based on nothing but the fact that it's an Izzy/Axl tune and there's no way imo that Axl asked Izzy to give the song to him if he didn't thought it had potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

What did Axl say about it? I think you may have told me before actually but I've forgotten, sorry.

it was in the Axl chats I think, he just confirmed that Down By The Ocean was a real and unreleased Chinese tune iirc.

8 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I’d be disappointed if “The General” ends up being “State of Grace,” only because now I’m excited for an imminent release I haven’t heard. “State of Grace” is a kickass fuckin’ tune though. I hope that sees the light of day eventually. 

I also enjoyed “Eye on You,” but it’s safe to say that’ll never get a studio release since they sampled it on “Hardskool.”

Well we know they're not the same because of the leaked cell phone clip and the orchestral instrumental used to start shows in 2009-2011 ... The only similarity is the one chord progression ... But what we know of the two as of now they are not the same

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Do we know if Zodiac and Seven are even two different songs?

I'm assuming seven is referring to the film Se7en, right? Especially since Axl's already sampled from that film. It's about a serial killer. The Zodiac was a serial killer. Both are related to numbers.

The 7th sign of the Zodiac is Libra.

Libra starts with an L just like Leo.

Slash is a Leo.

The song is about Slash.

:lol:

Brain confirmed that Seven is a ballad he wrote and that it’s based off Julius Caesar. It has nothing to do with the movie Se7en, and the fact that he described it as a ballad leads me to believe that it’s not Zodiac.

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Brain confirmed that Seven is a ballad he wrote and that it’s based off Julius Caesar. It has nothing to do with the movie Se7en, and the fact that he described it as a ballad leads me to believe that it’s not Zodiac.

Slash was born in June he is not a Leo 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

The General is on a confirmed to be real setlist sheet? Fuck yes.

Something like...

1. Devious Bastard

2. Oh My God

3. Hard Skool

4. ABSURD

5. Quick Song

6. Oklahoama

7. Soul Monster

8. Seven

9. State of Grace

10. The General

11. Perhaps

12. Atlus Shrugged

(Hidden Bonus Tracks) Circus Maximus/Eye On You

...could be a pretty epic album.

Don't forget Zodiac 13, Tonto, and Thyme/P.R.L. and Monstrocity (assuming it's not another song already listed)