The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, TheSlashrose said:

This is The General? How you knows? 

Because the riff Slash is playing fits perfectly over the orchestration we’ve heard and now it’s appearing on the set lists. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

43 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Brain confirmed that Seven is a ballad he wrote and that it’s based off Julius Caesar. It has nothing to do with the movie Se7en, and the fact that he described it as a ballad leads me to believe that it’s not Zodiac.

If it's based on Julius Caesar...is it then also related to Ides of March ?

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Because the riff Slash is playing fits perfectly over the orchestration we’ve heard and now it’s appearing on the set lists. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Doesn't sound in the same key, different tempo to the cell phone leak and it's just a soundcheck jam, clearly?

1 minute ago, Spoon87 said:

Didn't people say that's Oklahoma?

Some people speculated that, but with The General popping up on the set list it looks like they’re wrong. We’ll know for sure soon enough!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Some people speculated that, but with The General popping up on the set list it looks like they’re wrong. We’ll know for sure soon enough!

That was October lol, it's now June, they can surely decide to change songs they want to try within 8 months. There is no way to know what that was. But it DID sound like Oklahoma to me

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The rehearsal that sounds like The General is mysterious soundcheck song #2, not #1, I believe.

I thought they were both Perhaps?

Got a link?

Edited by gavgnr

10 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I thought they were both Perhaps?

Got a link?

This one is the Oklahoma outro 

The other one posted has nothing to do with the leak, but it might be a new extended part of the outro. Sounds like it could indeed fit the song. These are from last year. The Perhaps ones are from the Tel Aviv soundcheck. So 2 unreleased songs are soundchecked so far and The General is on the setlist.

Edited by Master Of Reality
  • Like 1

Just now, Master Of Reality said:

This one is the Oklahoma outro 

The other one posted has nothing to do with the leak, but it might be a new extended part of the outro. Sounds like it could indeed fit the song. These ard from last year. The Perhaps ones are from the Tel Aviv soundcheck. So 3 unreleased songs are soundchecked so far.

It does not sound similar enough to the Oklahoma outro to say with certainty that it is. There is maybe a vague similarity but none of the same music is playing.