The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Can't remember where, but I've heard CD2 was also more "political" which so far hasn't made sense with the Village leaks with what was there. Of course not all of the unheard songs are or were necessarily intended for CD2. Some were for the "third album" and I wouldn't be surprised if some were just abandoned altogether. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

A thought I just had: Maybe there’s actually more songs with vocals than we realize, and the six or so they worked on during Covid are just the ones they’re planning to release “for now.” If it is true that some songs are being saved for later, that would explain why there’s been no sign of atlas. You’d think that woulda been the first one out the gate, but maybe Axl wants to save it for a more “meaningful” project.

Another possibility is that, if there are other songs with vocals, most of them are probably just “scratch tracks” like State of Grace, Nothing, Quick Song, etc., and therefore unusable.

I’d like to take back everything I said here. The reason I was theorizing that there may be more than six songs in total is cause some of us on a discord server were being fed info from someone that seemed legit at first, but then one of us did some digging and found out that this supposed “insider” was really full of shit (using photoshopped pics to make it look like they knew Axl, etc.).

CSI:GNR is insane, man…

You know what makes this even funnier? Beta recently retweeted something from this guy that was pretending to be an insider. Even she fell for it! That’s our management, folks…

For what it’s worth, the guy was claiming that Axl really has like 60 songs and that he was just waiting until his deal with Sanctuary expires in 2025 to release most of them.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’d like to take back everything I said here. The reason I was theorizing that there may be more than six songs in total is cause some of us on a discord server were being fed info from someone that seemed legit at first, but then one of us did some digging and found out that this supposed “insider” was really full of shit (using photoshopped pics to make it look like they knew Axl, etc.).

You know what makes this even funnier? Beta recently retweeted something from this guy that was pretending to be an insider. Even she fell for it! That’s our management, folks…

For what it’s worth, the guy was claiming that Axl really has like 60 songs and that he was just waiting until his deal with Sanctuary expires in 2025 to release most of them.

I’ve mentioned this before, but after discussing the intricacies regarding obtaining CD era demos and all the presumed tracks with MSL, the consensus is that there are a lot of samples and tracks in various stages of development, most abandoned long long ago.

Most of the “insiders” that had any real clout were first and foremost fans attempting to use cunning to charm and trick their way into new music. Unfortunately, each side was playing the other. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I can't say whether the IG account you're referring to is legit or not (even more so if there's any truth to what he says), however, regarding Beta, I have noticed that she has been sharing quite a few of his posts for at least two years now, so I don't think it's a case of her "falling for it".

Edited by Blackstar

6 hours ago, UYI4 said:

Man to be a fly in some hard drives of former members and producers.  Just imagine all of the different sessions aside from just the village.  I still think the (12) type stuff is versions of mixes.  Then they’d switch producers and if Axl Grease wasn’t showing up I’m sure more have may been written.  A lot of people got paid to sit and rental companies stayed in business.  I think that’s the one thing that actually pisses me off.  They had something done in 2000.  It would be nice to know who REALLY prevented this all from happening back in 99/00?  Would have been awesome to be 17/18 and have CD come out. Or 2000 intentions or whatever it was supposed to be called lol .

bob_ezrin.jpgbob_ezrin.jpgbob_ezrin.jpg

Edited by gunsnchalupas

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

We should know better given HardSkool was on the setlist and soundchecked 2 years before it was debuted/released.

That's true but between Absurd and Hardskool what was the time between the 2 releases,1 month and a half or something like that no?

We are in that time frames because there are 4 more months of tour right now!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

That's true but between Absurd and Hardskool what was the time between the 2 releases,1 month and a half or something like that no?

We are in that time frames because there are 4 more months of tour right now!

If they don't release anything around the weekend festival, they'll have missed massive exposure chance! No time like the present.....unfortunately it looks like, Axl is digging his heels! Wish Eavis had put it in the contract....that YOU MUST DROP A FUCKING SONG!  OR NO WELLIES

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

A listening session like this would be for studio songs. Must be getting close to Perhaps and The General. Great to see Slash there with Axl, hopefully he likes the songs

Not seen Slash so happy looking for a while! He must be like....we're.....soooo....close....to.....Axl.....pressing the red button! Don't fuck it up now. This is genuinely exciting....the thought many of us of been having that Glasto is the time to unleash something may be a reality after all. Really... GNR  doing something logical? Really?  Surely this isn't an A.I generated photo 😂

Exciting...