The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

12 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Pretty sure they’ve had film crews with them for years.  I think every show is still proshot or semi-proshot at minimum. I’d almost bet even the Chinese years were too.  Maybe not studio stuff, but otherwise. Just speculating.  Even when Meegan is filming you can see people Filming on stage at times.

Soundboard FOH mixes for all shows....but probably not so many multi-tracked which you need for a serious release. Certainly fine enough though.

10 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

The crews are probably filming a special on bands who don’t release music.

I heard it contains a special moment where @Fernando listens to The General on his headphones while flipping off the camera for its entire duration. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There is always a crew for what is projected on the video screens. That's where the Selects footage came from. That's a standard. But a film crew that takes panoramic shots or shots from different angles, or like the one they had on the UYI tour and followed them behind the scenes is a different thing.

Documentary Crew? They have had people filming on and off for years. I recall an early episode of @Gambit83 podcast where a guest (I forget who, I think a journalist) had mentioned being interviewed for it by a british guy and that others had too. Hopefully he can remember and post if i'm not going mad. I remember thinking it sounded "Official" and not some crappy TV thing. I think this was around first reunion gigs.

I know Dale Resteghin was shooting in 2010 for South American tour, and there was the 2006 stuff by I think by Lush Productions. Obviously the most well known stuff is the Perfect crime doc. Perhaps they are filming again?

48 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

I heard it contains a special moment where @Fernando listens to The General on his headphones while flipping off the camera for its entire duration. 

So we will finally be able to get an estimate on the tracks length?

Then we can have the CSI team do the math on how much time would be left on a CD and finally put to bed the discussion on how many tracks will be on CD2. Thank god for Fernando and how he continues to giveth back to the community! 

Somewhat surprised that this band doesn’t rehearse in a closed room similar to Metallica pre show, and have others handle their soundcheck.  That would eliminate knowledge of what’s played live and or new song’s knowledge if they’re so keen on not putting out substantial new music beyond a song or Two or live shit. Probably due to too many members and or they really don’t care for one another much lol. 

the only covers I’d like to hear this point are axl on studio versions of post GNR songs ok.  A few to mention would be:

back & forth again

neither can I 

Beggars and hangers on 

Good to be alive

Shine

back to the moment

serial killer

fall to pieces

slither

Do it for the kids

some of duffs songs would be cool too. 

16 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I never understand why OMG is always mentioned as a possible song to release. It was already officially released. In 1999. 

Updated demo that Ron worked on in 00s

Appeared on MSL CD2 tracklist

Soundchecked at Rio 2011

Was on 2018 setlists but never played

Lyrics on screen for some reason during YCBM on 2021/22 tour

That's why it is speculated to be a possible rerelease candidate.

15 hours ago, Arnuld said:

IWho does this?! This would be like if Metallica had continued to work on I Disappear after it was already officially released for MI2. I can’t think of any other artist ever doing this. 

Yeah, like Unforgiven 1,2,3 

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Documentary Crew? They have had people filming on and off for years. I recall an early episode of @Gambit83 podcast where a guest (I forget who, I think a journalist) had mentioned being interviewed for it by a british guy and that others had too. Hopefully he can remember and post if i'm not going mad. I remember thinking it sounded "Official" and not some crappy TV thing. I think this was around first reunion gigs.

I know Dale Resteghin was shooting in 2010 for South American tour, and there was the 2006 stuff by I think by Lush Productions. Obviously the most well known stuff is the Perfect crime doc. Perhaps they are filming again?

Yea a trailer came out of Dale's footage, didn't it? I seem to remember a lot of Ashba In solo-mo sillohette...some cool shots never to be seen though...wonder if these dudes ever turn in a "final edit" before it's locked in a vault? Or best chance, when Dale pops his clogs, some relative leaks!

52 minutes ago, Axl S said:

Updated demo that Ron worked on in 00s

Appeared on MSL CD2 tracklist

Soundchecked at Rio 2011

Was on 2018 setlists but never played

Lyrics on screen for some reason during YCBM on 2021/22 tour

That's why it is speculated to be a possible rerelease candidate.

Guess it'll appear live some randomly one day. Kinda surreal when we hear Duff and Slash on that one...like that was the first sound post them...it'll be like some alternate reality !

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea a trailer came out of Dale's footage, didn't it? I seem to remember a lot of Ashba In solo-mo sillohette...some cool shots never to be seen though...wonder if these dudes ever turn in a "final edit" before it's locked in a vault? Or best chance, when Dale pops his clogs, some relative leaks!

There were two versions i think set to different songs. Slow motion stuff live footage ect

The 2006 one by lush productions I think was by someone called John Rathctman or something like that. He also did the Better video and got in through a friendship with Fink I believe as he had worked with NIN before. I have the stuff backed up somewhere. Also I have info on documentary footage that's from before the Perfect Crime stuff was filmed. I will dig it out for something I'm working on but wont be any time soon. Basically Doc footage in the vault goes back to the 80's.

5 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

You mean the demo was released? 

Demo lol. Axl only acted like it was a “demo” that was ripped from his hands before it could be completed because everyone and I mean everyone in the media thought the song was weird and sucked when it came out in 99. So this it was only a demo narrative got created. It was and is a complete song that was mixed and mastered. And being that it is a C+ B- song at best I cannot imagine why he worked on it again later. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Arnuld said:

Demo lol. Axl only acted like it was a “demo” that was ripped from his hands before it could be completed because everyone and I mean everyone in the media thought the song was weird and sucked when it came out in 99. So this it was only a demo narrative got created. It was and is a complete song that was mixed and mastered. And being that it is a C+ B- song at best I cannot imagine why he worked on it again later. 

Man, I remember when they played it on the radio for the first time. I was like "This is their comeback song? This is awful."  It aged better than I expected though, but I certainly wouldn't put it in my top 10, or even top 30 Gn'R songs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I didn't mention this at the time, for fear of not wanting to open Pandora's box.....but fuck it, it's opened! 

There were people filming Glasgow on stage for sure. They weren't filming for the screens, they were with different cameras and concentrating a lot on filming the members of the band. Totally different crew. It also looked to me like the stage was miked up for recording- lots of mics all around the stage that I hadn't noticed before. 

Now, factor this in with Axl and Slash in a studio listening to mixes.....and I think it wouldn't be outrageous to suggest a live album is being worked on. 

Don't make me hope :max:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Man, I remember when they played it on the radio for the first time. I was like "This is their comeback song? This is awful."  It aged better than I expected though, but I certainly wouldn't put it in my top 10, or even top 30 Gn'R songs.

Same. I heard the lead in about it on the radio and was so excited. Then I heard it. And was like WTF is this?! I was soooooooo disappointed. I grew to appreciate after I listened to it some. It has some cool elements like the disco beat and Robins Eddie Van Halen homage guitar solo. But I still hate the stupid filter on Axl’s vocals (it makes the song super dated) and it has just ok lyrics and arrangement. 

2 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Wouldn’t interest me in the slightest. Just sayin 

Not at all. A live album would have been cool in 2017. That ship has long sailed. No matter how well shot some extras are, no one will give a shit. Same could be argued about new music I suppose, but at least that has a chance if they actually get behind it this time.

9 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Wouldn’t interest me in the slightest. Just sayin 

I would be down for one.  I enjoy even just putting on Glastonbury's ripped audio on as of late, I think having a fully mixed live release would be cool.

Of course I would much rather them take new music as their biggest priority but I don't think it would be a bad move to release a live album considering Appetite for Democracy was the last live release and it features a long defunct lineup

• Like 1