The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Here's an LP

1) As It Began

2) Devious Bastard

3) Atlas Shrugged

4) Absurd

5) Hard Skool

6) Down By The Ocean

7) Seven

8) Soul Monster 

9) Perhaps

10) Idea Of March

11) The General

The ones we know for sure or are can be fairly confident have vocals in some state if not finished for the time...Nobody gets a famous composer such as Beltrami in to do massive orchestration without having an actual proper tune structure in place...

No state of grace?

Edited by Lelex95

Chris Jericho's 5th cruise for next year just announced they are announcing their full lineup on the 20th. I know he's tight with Duff and friendly with Slash but imagine if that's the announcement Duff was referencing. That'd go over like a fart in church. 

• Haha 1

I crack up remember when Slice said he wasn’t sure how many songs they did.  He knows exactly how many.  He’s probably just not sure how many will be allowed to be released.   If I were a betting man I’d say there was maybe 4 total.  Hardskool, Absurd, Perhaps, and maybe the General or something completely different.

Now there were a chunk of months early this year that things were quiet aside from duff doing a few iggy shows.  So they could’ve done something then.  I doubt it though.  That’s probably when Duff worked on his stuff that’s coming in November. 

I also still think the locker cds have something to do with what is being chosen to be released.  The timing makes sense.  Throughout the “whispers” history eluding to 60-70 songs.  Supposed 4 lists.  Robin saying before he left the first time that dozens of songs were completed. You can’t tell me that they went to exact songs that were in locker stuff to be done.  It really makes me wonder about what is truly done. Just seems a bit ironic.

My guess is that As it began were never finished, but maybe Quick song, Berlin and Zodiac were.

1. Quick Song

2. Hard Skool

3. Perhaps

4. Atlas Shrugged

5. Zodiac

6. Circus Maximus (Srven?)

7. Absurd

8. The General

9. Goin Down (or Duff song)

10. Berlin

11. Oh my God (remixed)

12. State of Grace

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

From what others have said, the only track that might have gotten a renewal to be on the album was Riad N' the Bedouins. I remember when those 2008 leaks happened and how surprised everyone was that song had actually survived since last being played in 2002. 

No, Riad was always on the cards. I remember as far as 2006, the song was being considered.

39 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Chris Jericho's 5th cruise for next year just announced they are announcing their full lineup on the 20th. I know he's tight with Duff and friendly with Slash but imagine if that's the announcement Duff was referencing. That'd go over like a fart in church. 

Duff said specifically "news from Guns N' Roses".

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

His saying "entire record's worth of stuff" does not prove that more than 6 songs have been worked on. That is your own assumption. There is no set number of songs that constitutes an album. 4-6 songs could be released altogether and it would be an album. 

I do not believe any members here more than I'd believe the actual band lol 

Nobody here has heard any unreleased song with vocals that hasn't already leaked, except maybe only The General.

It is possible an eventual new album of 12+ tracks (or whatever) could be comprised of 4-6 Slash/Duff songs, and the remaining tracks could be untouched from the CD era (2008-2014, or whatever) though I'd imagine they would need to remix them regardless if they are going for the awful loudness and bad mixing and mastering Absurd and Hard Skool had if they want the entire new record to be consistent in that regard. (I'd rather have them mix and master them properly, closer to how the 2008 album was vs the EP)

As for your last claim, that is simply not true, though neither of us can provide proof of our points, reasonably. 

State Of Grace is wishful thinking. I dig it too but I don’t think it was ever finished. Here’s the list of possible CD2 tracks as of 2008 and it’s nowhere to be seen…IMG_3686.webp.fa3ffde6c2456eee4ea0eb9454029c68.webp

Here’s what remains with completed vocals…

1 Cuban Skies

2 The General

3 Atlas Shrugged

4 Soul Monster

5 Absurd (Silkworms)

6 Thyme

7 Tonto

8 Monstrosity

9 Nothing 

10 Hard Skool (Jackie Chan)

11 Perhaps

12 4 Heavens

13 Light My Fire 

No idea what happened to Oklahoma/Berlin if it’s still in the mix, but it’s still enough for an album…

Edited by Nick85

I might as well post this here, too. I have made a list of confirmed songs from the CD sessions. No rumoured songs, no matter how frequently they are mentioned here based off of various supposedly legitimate lists. Only songs mentioned by band members, trustworthy news media, or people connected to the band.  See image below.

The names are for when the songs were first mentioned publicly. Then for some songs it is also indicated when we know the song was worked on. So for Oh My God, although we heard about it first in 1999, it is indicated that work started on it at least back in 1996. Similarly, for Berlin, although we heard about it first in 1998 (as Oklahoma), we know its origins went back to the Oklahoma bombing in 1995. And so on.

I have also indicated when we first heard that a song had changed its name. And finally, dates of official release is indicated in yellow.

uten_254.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I might as well post this here, too. I have made a list of confirmed songs from the CD sessions. No rumoured songs, no matter how frequently they are mentioned here based off of various supposedly legitimate lists. Only songs mentioned by band members, trustworthy news media, or people connected to the band.  See image below.

The names are for when the songs were first mentioned publicly. Then for some songs it is also indicated when we know the song was worked on. So for Oh My God, although we heard about it first in 1999, it is indicated that work started on it at least back in 1996. Similarly, for Berlin, although we heard about it first in 1998 (as Oklahoma), we know its origins went back to the Oklahoma bombing in 1995. And so on.

I have also indicated when we first heard that a song had changed its name. And finally, dates of official release is indicated in yellow.

uten_254.jpg

Couldn’t hardskool technically go back to 1996-ish? As it was mentioned by the band of working on the song for the Rumble in the Bronx movie ?  I guess it was never mentioned by name though. 

18 minutes ago, General2112 said:

Looks like no new music until the NA leg of the tour 

I just did a quick research on setlist.fm , i know it’s wrong sometimes, but according to it GNR never debuted an original song in Europe. Only some covers like KOHD or most recently Slither 

11 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Couldn’t hardskool technically go back to 1996-ish? As it was mentioned by the band of working on the song for the Rumble in the Bronx movie ?  I guess it was never mentioned by name though. 

It could and I believe it myself, but we don't know and I only stick to what we do know. People should be able to trust this. 

15 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

I was thinking about it.  Probably one of my least favorite songs, but have they played IRS with Duff/Slash yet?  I don’t think so right?

Shackler's, If the World, Scraped, IRS, and Riad all haven't been played by Slash/Duff but everything else has!

41 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

uten_254.jpg

Is there a high res version of this, it's hard to read

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I will fix it tomorrow :D

Did  you include pre cd era songs that were intended for GNR but became Snakepit tunes like Burnout and Night Crawler? 

I wouldn't be so sure about them releasing Perhaps or The General in America IF the first show comes and they haven't played them, cause after that... is it gonna be the same? Are we gonna say, oh you know, clearly they are waiting to get to LA to release it, then Vegas or whatever, then, nothing, like last year, in my opinion for each date that passes and they don't play it, stuff gets uglier and uglier. 

Now compared to last year, Duff said that news were about to drop, and we have the studio pic and the setlist. But with each concert that comes and goes without anything, aren't we closer to confirmation that maybe it was cancelled?. (Duff said "this week") They are not even soundchecking it anymore.

People are assuming that the plan is to release 2 songs every 2 years to boost ticket sales, but as of now, that was only a one-off move. 

Only a massive leak is gonna save us. No signs of it happening, but I'll admit that i'd be happy to pay top dollar for that. 

• Like 1