The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

No. I don’t have a time frame on “any day now” because it means different things to different people in different contexts. I threw out 3 weeks as an example. I just think it’s a bit unreasonable for people to throw their hands up and declare the song canceled just because it didn’t drop this Friday because for some reason they assumed that “any day now” meant this Friday.

Oh knock it off with this bullshit about authoritative voice. I’m not an authority. I’m not Axl Rose or in the band or on the management team. I have no connection to the band. I’m just a fan from DC, and this is the only fandom that requires qualifiers like that. It’s a message board about a rock band. Everything I type is just my opinion, and I don’t have to clarify that every time just to make you feel better. If I say it’ll drop before the NA tour, it’s just my best guess. If I say Perhaps is a piece of shit, then obviously that’s just my opinion. You shouldn’t need me to clarify that. If you don’t get that, then *perhaps* the internet just isn’t for you.

So you see no irony in popping in to say "Jesus Christ" to everyone speculating in a thread, then state boldly that new stuff is coming at the beginning of the NA tour.....which is also total speculation? And throw your toys out of the pram when it's pointed out? 

Maybe, based on the fact you've dropped in to tell everyone how shit everything the band could potentially release is, and how we're wrong to want them to play it, a new album thread about GNR in 2023 possibly isn't for you? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

It's not for you to decide what someone else can or cannot be insecure about. Maybe having thousands of people cheering you on every show helps. Because not everyone is as obsessed with his voice as people on here.

Aye aye captain!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I guess my point is for a group of people that so desperately want validation and the ear of this band, ya'll act like total psychos and freaks with the obsessive behavior I described above.

Maybe just leave the people that want to do that to get on with it? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

$50 for a single LP, fuck right off :lol:

It’s cool that each LP is numbered which adds some novelty to it but in all honesty it’s just the 2018 remaster (that I’m sure we all have already) so we’d be paying $50 for the sleeve.. no thank you 😅

What they could’ve done is sell the sleeve on its own, limited edition and numbered so those who already own the 2018 remaster could fork out say $20-$25 and not feel like fools buying the same damn thing only slightly different 🤷🏻‍♂️ #toological

Edited by D4NNY

49 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So you see no irony in popping in to say "Jesus Christ" to everyone speculating in a thread, then state boldly that new stuff is coming at the beginning of the NA tour.....which is also total speculation? And throw your toys out of the pram when it's pointed out? 

Maybe, based on the fact you've dropped in to tell everyone how shit everything the band could potentially release is, and how we're wrong to want them to play it, a new album thread about GNR in 2023 possibly isn't for you? 

No, because my point is that I think those people are being unreasonable. I don’t think my assumption that the single will drop sometime during the NA tour is unreasonable because that’s exactly how it went down with Hard Skool and Absurd. Is it speculative? Sure. But it’s not hysterical. I’m not throwing my toys out of anything.

Also, two notes with regards to new music:

I could change my mind about it. I didn’t like the Silkworm leaks but was pleasantly surprised by Absurd. I thought the Village version of Hard Skool was overrated but quite liked Slash and Duff’s version. Hopefully they pull off a miracle with Perhaps, though I’m not optimistic.

But I disagree with your premise that just because I don’t like the remainder of the unreleased songs means that maybe the thread isn’t for me. Last I checked, this was a thread for discussing new music - there’s no requirement that I have to like it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

No, because my point is that I think those people are being unreasonable. I don’t think my assumption that the single will drop sometime during the NA tour is unreasonable because that’s exactly how it went down with Hard Skool and Absurd. Is it speculative? Sure. But it’s not hysterical. I’m not throwing my toys out of anything.

I could change my mind about it. I didn’t like the Silkworm leaks but was pleasantly surprised by Absurd. I thought the Village version of Hard Skool was overrated but quite liked Slash and Duff’s version. Hopefully they pull off a miracle with Perhaps, though I’m not optimistic.

But I disagree with your premise that just because I don’t like the remainder of the unreleased songs means that maybe the thread isn’t for me. Last I checked, this was a thread for discussing new music - there’s no requirement that I have to like it.

Fair enough. I get that.

I'm not sure how interested I'd be, personally, in GNR if I didn't like the music they were doing....but each to their own! 

7 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah I'm just gonna stop engaging. Here's to hoping we have some better news to look forward to by year's end! 

I wouldn't bet the bank on it....but you never know! 

1 minute ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Just give it up man, people being excited and getting their own hopes up isn’t ruining you day or life. If they’re excited about discussing and speculating then power to them. If you don’t believe any of the “rumours or speculation” then power to you too. But to argue over who’s right or wrong is pointless. It just adds negativity when there’s already enough of that in the world as it is. Let’s keep this place a friendly community and not a parliament meeting 😂

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The poor sods probably just have no say whatsoever in what happens. They'd be better off just saying "no comment" when asked anything to do with GNR to preserve their creditably down the road. 

Don't encourage them. Then this board will be reduced to, "was Slash smiling when he said no comment?" "I swear the way Dizzy hesitated before saying no comment means he knows something!!" 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

Don't understand why everyone's saying it can't drop today, if it drops today it'll be at midnight right?

Absolutely. Physical copies will ship first thing Monday morning as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

Don't encourage them. Then this board will be reduced to, "was Slash smiling when he said no comment?" "I swear the way Dizzy hesitated before saying no comment means he knows something!!" 

Dude I can assure you nobody is gonna think Dizzy knows anything...

31 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not sure how interested I'd be, personally, in GNR if I didn't like the music they were doing....but each to their own! 

Well, I am interested. Again, their last releases are Chinese Democracy, Absurd, and Hard Skool. I liked all three. I just don’t like the remainder of the Village Leaks (at least the ones with vocals - there are one or two instrumentals I like that I wish they’d flesh out). And I’m *always* excited to hear talk of an *actual* new album written with Slash and Duff - I just don’t think it’ll happen.

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

It literally isn't :facepalm:

it is though.....

There's literally no other threads at all.

I wonder if as a mod you have considered adding individual threads for any shows coming up? or an Anything Goes section?

It's just an idea, not trying to tell you your job or anything

4 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Well, I am interested. Again, their last releases are Chinese Democracy, Absurd, and Hard Skool. I liked all three. I just don’t like the remainder of the Village Leaks (at least the ones with vocals - there are one or two instrumentals I like that I wish they’d flesh out). And I’m *always* excited to hear talk of an *actual* new album written with Slash and Duff - I just don’t think it’ll happen.

Which instrumentals?

33 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Just give it up man, people being excited and getting their own hopes up isn’t ruining you day or life. If they’re excited about discussing and speculating then power to them. If you don’t believe any of the “rumours or speculation” then power to you too. But to argue over who’s right or wrong is pointless. It just adds negativity when there’s already enough of that in the world as it is. Let’s keep this place a friendly community and not a parliament meeting 😂

It’s not ruining my day or my life. To argue over who’s right or wrong is pointless? Then…what are we doing here if not sharing our thoughts and opinions? I don’t have a problem with people speculating - but I’m certainly going to weigh in and contribute to the conversation with my disagreement.

• Like 1