The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

51 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

How many officially released songs has Guns put out in total, not counting any boots...?

Sucking dickies dick eh! 😉

I just think GITR should of made comebacks everytime Axl had a rant, then he could of put it across artistically 👍

AFD: 12

Lies: 7

UYI: 29

TSI: 13

End of Days: 1

Live Era: 1

GH: 1

CD: 14

AFDem: 4 (The Seeker, Another Brick in the Wall, Objectify, Motivation)*

AFD Deluxe: 7 (SOYL, Rosie, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack Flash, The Plague, New Work Tune, Aint Goin Down instrumental)

HS EP: 2

UYI1 Deluxe: 2 (Always on the Run and Wild Horses)

UYI2 Deluxe: 5 (Drum Solo, Slash Solo, Speak Softly, Sail Away Sweet Sister, Train Kept a-Rollin’)

UYI Deluxe “teases”: 4 (Voodoo Child, Hotel California, Only Women Bleed, I Was Only Joking)

*There was a limited-release CD version of the AFDem bluray, so it technically counts, despite not being on streaming services.

Total GnR songs on streaming services counting teases: 102

Total GnR songs on streaming services NOT counting teases: 98

Total GnR songs counting both teases and the AFDem CD: 106

Total GnR songs counting the AFDem CD but NOT teases: 102

And I guess the Tokyo 1992 video album also had It Tastes Good Don’t It as a tease, but I’m leaving that one out cause Tokyo 1992 was only ever released as a video. Same goes for broadcasts like Ritz 1988.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah but that doesn’t mean he recorded vocals for it, necessarily. He never recorded the old silkworms chorus in the studio, as far as we know, yet they played it live.

We don't know if he recorded the old silkworms chorus in the studio, we don't have evidence but that does not mean he didn't do It.

I think that something included in the setlist has to be finished prior on studio, have they played any song live before recording it on studio?

7 hours ago, betterman said:

To release Absurd as the first single after the comeback was an "absurd" Axl Rose move, but I also think that song has a special place for him. 

It seems they want to release a more commercial single now and hopefully promote it in some way. 

Perhaps is one of the more catchier songs (all CD songs included) and is more reminiscent of UYI-era Guns n Roses. And we know that Axl and Co are (or maybe management) reading the boards as many of the changes in setlists, which songs (remember the petition for Estranged on here, Coma and more) etc. is actually wanted from the hardcore fanbase. He knows that both HardSkool and Perhaps got a pretty good response on here from the hardcore base

Atlas has the catchier chorus and in the happier key, that strikes me as the obvious radio friendly single

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Atlas has the catchier chorus and in the happier key, that strikes me as the obvious radio friendly single

I actually think the verse us much stronger than the chorus in Atlas. 

I think it has a lot of potential and if properly advertised it could sell well. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

AFD Deluxe: 7 (SOYL, Rosie, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack Flash, The Plague, New Work Tune, Aint Goin Down instrumental)

UYI2 Deluxe: 5 (Drum Solo, Slash Solo, Speak Softly, Sail Away Sweet Sister, Train Kept a-Rollin’)

UYI Deluxe “teases”: 4 (Voodoo Child, Hotel California, Only Women Bleed, I Was Only Joking)

*There was a limited-release CD version of the AFDem bluray, so it technically counts, despite not being on streaming services.

And I guess the Tokyo 1992 video album also had It Tastes Good Don’t It as a tease, but I’m leaving that one out cause Tokyo 1992 was only ever released as a video. Same goes for broadcasts like Ritz 1988.

Great work! I wasn't confident we'd clear the 100 mark!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

You can STILL buy that limited CD on Amazon too 👍🤟

Not. Bad release at all! I'd kill for a 3D Blu ray of Houston or another particularly good '16 gig. Or even a best from 16-23 with Troubadour thrown in as a bonus! 

I mean, I remember what a ball ache it was for Rock Fuel to get that product out, amazing it came out just before the reunion rumblings....a bookend farewell to that era if you like...

6 minutes ago, betterman said:

But only 62 original studio tracks if I have counted right

Which is like most bands after an initial 5 years or so as a band! 😲

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, betterman said:

But only 62 original studio tracks if I have counted right

Oh if we’re discounting covers then it’s:

Lies: 5

UYI: 27

AFD Deluxe: 4 (SOYL, The Plague, New Work Tune, Aint Goin Down instrumental)

UYI Deluxe: 2 (Drum Solo and Slash Solo)

So 65 original-written songs released under the GnR name. 67 if you count Drum Solo and Slash Solo (lol).

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tboneman said:

Same thing with Van Halen and their 2012 A Different Kind of Truth album. Last year they took it off from Spotify and other streaming services without any explanation. I guess there was a 10 year licensing deal with UMG that ended and now the rights reverved back to VH but apparently they are so lazy that they don't care to put it back. 

So at least every GNR album is available for streaming! Well.. expect that Appetite For Democracy 3D live album. 😅

I’m not sure how productive Alex Van Halen has been since his brothers death. There hasn’t even been any tribute concerts or public celebrations that I’m aware of. He and his team may not even notice the Spotify absence considering how little they receive in royalties anyway. 

4 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

Guys they're obviously waiting for the heat wave in the US to subside. It would be really insensitive to people without air conditioners if they released a new song during this difficult time /s

It's called respecting what is going on with the world.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, JimiRose said:

However it is very odd how hardskool, absurd, perhaps atlas etc leaked in 2019 now they are going to be the songs we get. Even the general which we prob won't get, has a partial phone recording leak thus we knew it existed with vocals. Why is Axl only capable of releasing things that leaked many years earlier? Why wouldn't he just release what he thought was best? Then again why doesn't he just release new music... just a waste of 25 years. 

That is a good point, and one that came up after the 2008 album was released as well, as all of the previously leaked songs were on the album. I do believe leaks influence what material they put out next, that very well may be the case. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

You can STILL buy that limited CD on Amazon too 👍🤟

Not. Bad release at all! I'd kill for a 3D Blu ray of Houston or another particularly good '16 gig. Or even a best from 16-23 with Troubadour thrown in as a bonus! 

I mean, I remember what a ball ache it was for Rock Fuel to get that product out, amazing it came out just before the reunion rumblings....a bookend farewell to that era if you like...

Which is like most bands after an initial 5 years or so as a band! 😲

When you say limited CD version….you mean the CD/BR combo as opposed to a single CD edition on its own?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

...And this is our problem...

It’s so frustrating listening to stuff like this because for all that’s made of Axl’s relentless perfectionism…Chinese Democracy has some really choppy editing. I love the album, but there are quite a few vocals that cut in and out and are clearly cut and rearranged and pasted. Which is fine - I’m able to enjoy the album - but it just makes me wonder how such a perfectionist could live with that. Even if the label essentially forced him to release it, you’d think there’d be some last minute studio time to get that done.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Ugh. As bored as I think Perhaps is, I *loathe* Atlas Shrugged. It sounds like a poppy alt-rock song from the 90s, something like Third Eye Blind. My least favorite kind of music.

It’s like a bad Oasis song.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Ugh. As bored as I think Perhaps is, I *loathe* Atlas Shrugged. It sounds like a poppy alt-rock song from the 90s, something like Third Eye Blind. My least favorite kind of music.

I think both Perhaps and Atlas are relatively forgettable, though I probably lean more towards Atlas bc I adore the wild drums on it. I’m hoping they release The General first, if not, at the same time as Perhaps. Imagine GNR dropping something we *haven’t* heard yet. What a wild thought! 😏

1 hour ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

It does remind me of third eye blind. The 1st minute of the song is actually very good

I really like atlas shrugged but its a bit odd. Like it doesnt feel like it has a chorus, just continous verses. Not that there's anything wrong with that, except if it were intended to be released as a single for the casual market.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

I really like atlas shrugged but its a bit odd. Like it doesnt feel like it has a chorus, just continous verses. Not that there's anything wrong with that, except if it were intended to be released as a single for the casual market.

Yeah and for some reason Roy Thomas Baker referred to it as “single-worthy.”

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah and for some reason Roy Thomas Baker referred to it as “single-worthy.”

After hearing Atlas, I couldn't agree more on it being an odd single. I remember playing it for a few co-workers years ago along with Hardschool and while they both thought Hardschool was ok, they said Atlas was boring. It was underwhelming, after being hyped up for years. I played them one of the versions from 2001 with Brains drums, those mixes had Axl too low in the mix, so it was not an ideal version of that song. I like the RM1 version, but the 2001 mix that was on one of the CDs with Zodiac was more polished.

The part of the chorus: I'd be the last to say, don't follow your heart, but there's more to what it takes to be a man" has a bit of an odd flow in the latter part but it's a rough mix and has probably been re-worked since it's been 22 fucking years the last version most of us heard was mixed. :D 

It still gets me we got a 2000 mix of Zodiac labeled with "no vox" and a 2001 CD with Zodiac without that tag, but no vocals. Damn, missed that one!