The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But he's been on European timezone for over two months now, so he would have adjusted :lol:

It's classic night owl mode Axl. He had reportedly asked to do the Scooby Doo recording after 11:00 pm, then he had to settle for 9:00 pm :lol:

Yeah I know. Axl doesn't so any work before 2 am lmao

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

"GNR Fam, we'll be F'N rocking at the *insert aggressive multinational corporation* Stadium on Monday. Get on the Nightrain for tickets" 

Drum roll please.......PLANS CHANGED!!!

Plans never seem to happen. So we need to update that saying I think to - PLANS ALWAYS CHANGE DAMMIT

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

To be fair London is 8 hours ahead of California time so if it's 330a there it's really 530p on Axl's normal clock lol 

2 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

These reminds me about the studio in Norway, what the hell were they doing there? Just tinkering with Perhaps??? So weird. 

"Mixes" plural....until the climax of all this, we will just drown ourselves on endless pools of speculation...half the fun, I suppose! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

3:30 A.M. Classic Axl... :lol:

2023_485.jpg

Haha...almost as if he's secured a beer sponsor too Uncle Ax, seems to be positioning that bottle towards camera! At least fans can see that's his cam face! Looks as happy to be with anyone (or not) as the next....there's been a lot more studio shots of late and Axl, not once but twice....What's happening?!??!!??!! Something...hopefully not too underwhelming!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I think that’s where we disagree. As much as I love It’s So Easy and Bad Obsession, I want that banshee wail. The high register screech is what makes Axl’s voice so unique to me. That’s what I want to hear. 

Sure, but if it can't be done, then it can't be done. Then I will happily accept vocals as on Patience, Madagascar, I Don't Care About You, Ain't It Fun, etc. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Haha...almost as if he's secured a beer sponsor too Uncle Ax, seems to be positioning that bottle towards camera! At least fans can see that's his cam face! Looks as happy to be with anyone (or not) as the next....there's been a lot more studio shots of late and Axl, not once but twice....What's happening?!??!!??!! Something...hopefully not too underwhelming!

That reminds me of the time he was in a beer commercial once lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

It's kinda funny that both Slash and Axl were in the studio to record a song with the same producer for the first time in decades for all we know. For a song on someone else's album🤣 please help me understand 

What's hard to understand? They are obviously recording their parts for a new cover of the classic song Anxious Disease.

1 hour ago, Stro said:

Does anyone know when Rock The Rock was recorded? I can't imagine it was before the reunion tour started, but the lead time for an animated show is SO long.

It was after the reunion tour had already started. The two guy who were running that looney tunes cartoon went to one of the first NITL shows in 2016 and when they heard the looney tunes theme at the start of the show one guy said to the other “maybe Axl is a looney tunes fan. We should reach out to him and see if he wants to be on the show.”

• Like 3

I’m presuming that these guys don’t care about solo album successes.  Slash really didn’t tour his album too much. Duffs album he is really trying to promote but that’s just due to it being so close to release.  I noticed the song “hope” featuring Slash.  Those of us who know probably assume this is the same song “hope” from beautiful disease that never saw official release.  I bet it’s same song. I still wish Duff would buy rights and release that album properly.  I really liked that one.  That’s the best version of Seattle head.  Also I’m a huge Mike Bordin fan due to guns doing what they did in 90’s, Faith No More became my number one band when I was 13 in 95 and KFAD came out. Would still be cool to have Beautiful disease hard copy some day.  Probably won’t happen if he’s using songs from it elsewhere now.  I know Seattlehead was originally a Neurotic song.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

he didn't even looked like himself back then... the incognito mode behind all these layers of clothes and accesories didn't help. I bet most of people didn't recognise who tf that was

Haha that handlebar stash didnt help either