The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

That was the 4chan person who said that. The Reddit person (the one with the cover arts) never claimed that. They just shared the artworks and said The General would come out in October and then Atlas in November. Not saying they’re legit, mind you. Just clarifying that it’s two different people.

There were two seemingly separate posts that shared cover art and made claims. One was the 4chan guy and the other were a couple of people who were having a joke. They did up a fake cover for The General and claimed that there were a few links in preparation for release on Apple Music. Is that what you're thinking about?

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

That was the 4chan person who said that. The Reddit person (the one with the cover arts) never claimed that. They just shared the artworks and said The General would come out in October and then Atlas in November. Not saying they’re legit, mind you. Just clarifying that it’s two different people.

The Reddit person said exactly the same story that was at 4Chan. They just didn't say it in the OP with the artwork, but in the comments - it was the same poster though as in the OP.

17 hours ago, Rovim said:

yeah but I think Bumble's suggestion was to start writing from scratch, complete it, and release it one song at a time. Not releasing existing Chinese era material like Gn'R is doing now.

I think he would have met them half way. But yeah the idea was to make a new song before each tour. Either is more than achievable tbf

43 minutes ago, Rovim said:

what does it mean for Bumble to have met them half way? 

By releasing the Chinese era stuff as a compromise. Same as slash really, he's compromising now in the hope that he gets to write / release gnr later

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

By releasing the Chinese era stuff as a compromise. Same as slash really, he's compromising now in the hope that he gets to write / release gnr later

Bumble talked about how he couldn't book solo tours for his own fans cause he had to be ready to tour with Gn'R when he was needed. For a guy like Bumble, being not able to contribute his own ideas and also not being able to support his own thing with touring seems like pretty major problems.

also not being able to put his mark on Gn'R in a proper way. 

also, I don't think it's the same thing with Slash. He gets to play mostly stuff he came up with or that came from his band (Gn'R) while Bumble had to cover his guitar parts.

if Bumble stayed for longer in Gn'R, my guess is he would have been even more unhappy with the situation. For some musicians, not being able to do the regular album/tour cycle without waiting years to do it is not a natural feeling or anything close to ideal. You gotta have the right personality and priorities to last in Gn'R, like Richard for example.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Bumble talked about how he couldn't book solo tours for his own fans cause he had to be ready to tour with Gn'R when he was needed. For a guy like Bumble, being not able to contribute his own ideas and also not being able to support his own thing with touring seems like pretty major problems.

also, I don't think it's the same thing with Slash. He gets to play mostly stuff he came up with or that came from his band (Gn'R) while Bumble had to cover his guitar parts.

if Bumble stayed for longer in Gn'R, my guess is he would have been even more unhappy with the situation. For some musicians, not being able to do the regular album/tour cycle without waiting years to do it is not a natural feeling or anything close to ideal. You gotta have the right personality and priorities to last in Gn'R, like Richard for example.

I was musing that Bumble basically wanted Slash’s arrangement now - solo tours and records in between GN’R tours. Equally, I wonder if Robin would have stayed if he’d have known for sure he’d have been able to do the Wave Goodbye tour with NIN without fear of the GN’R bat signal going up at any time. 

57 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I agree. Bumble without writing music was ultimately getting more and more frustrated and that would have blown up eventually!

I think Slash is probably getting his creativity out elsewhere and as you say he gets to play sets with 90% his material. However, I think he'd like to end gnrs recording career with his own music though... No matter how proud he might (or might not) be of the material he's released with them since returning.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

How horrible for Bumblefoot, earning all that money and having his own career hugely boosted by being in Guns. Must've been terrible!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, rumandraisin said:

How horrible for Bumblefoot, earning all that money and having his own career hugely boosted by being in Guns. Must've been terrible!

not everything is black and white. Of course there were positives for Bumble, but I think it was challenging for him to be a band member in Gn'R. Sometimes no one is to blame, but I feel it was not a good match and Bumble suffered because of it and also cause I don't think he knew what his role was going to be in Gn'R before he joined.

• Like 3

Just now, Rovim said:

not everything is black and white. Of course there were positives for Bumble, but I think it was challenging for him to be a band member in Gn'R. Sometimes no one is to blame, but I feel it was not a good match and Bumble suffered because of it and also cause I don't think he knew what his role was going to be in Gn'R before he joined.

I always found his whining and public criticism of the band and management online really two faced. He moaned from 2010 onwards and it really got worse after his accident in 2011. No one forced him to stay until 2014. 

• Like 2

Just now, rumandraisin said:

I always found his whining and public criticism of the band and management online really two faced. He moaned from 2010 onwards and it really got worse after his accident in 2011. No one forced him to stay until 2014. 

Bumble really doesn't seem to be the two faced type, if anything, he seemed to be very honest, maybe to a fault, and he also seems to be a sensitive guy. Most people can't control their emotion 100% of the time, so even if he was upset about the Gn'R situation and shared it with the public, it doesn't mean he didn't appreciate what being in Gn'R allowed him to have.

I think he also stayed that long cause he didn't want the fans and Axl to be let down by him. He showed loyalty imo and still kept touring when he was in a bad shape and didn't want to go on tour. Couldn't ask for more really.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Bumble really doesn't seem to be the two faced type, if anything, he seemed to be very honest, maybe to a fault, and he also seems to be a sensitive guy. Most people can't control their emotion 100% of the time, so even if he was upset about the Gn'R situation and shared it with the public, it doesn't mean he didn't appreciate what being in Gn'R allowed him to have.

I think he also stayed that long cause he didn't want the fans and Axl to be let down by him. He showed loyalty imo and still kept touring when he was in a bad shape and didn't want to go on tour. Couldn't ask for more really.

This. Bumble's a class act. Ron's a lovely guy, very generous with his time and was great with the fans. I mean, the guy used to play acoustic guitar for people queing to go into the shows. I think the accident understandably changed things for him - he was in a lot of pain, doing long tours and still didn't put a note wrong - the guy's a real trooper. I think the bottom line is that he saw the writing on the wall - there never going to be any more music, GN'R were going nowhere and the popularity was decreasing. He'd no doubt made enough being in GN'R to be financially secure and so could do what he wanted and saw nothing was happening with the band. It's exactly the same reason Josh, Bucket and Robin left so I don't see why he should get singled out. I mean, I was really sad when it was obvious he was leaving and then it was confirmed but I completely get his rationale. I mean, he was in the band for the best part of a decade - it's not like he didn't stick with it. 

I think it's the best of both worlds really - he's put out some great stuff (I love the Sons of Apollo records) and due to Slash rejoining getting new music. I doubt we'd have got these singles if NuGuns was still a thing. Plus, I really didn't dig DJ's version of Better so if any new songs were all going to be DJd up as it were, I'm glad we didn't get those versions! Really, the optimum time to have put stuff out would have been 2006 I feel. Ron and Robin worked really well together and there was a lot of buzz around the band. I think in spite of how great the 2010 tour was, Robin leaving was really the beginning of the end of NuGuns I feel given how much writing input and lead playing was his on Chinese

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since we're gonna have at least 4 Chinese 2 songs by years out (maybe even 6 if we believe rumours) I thought it be interesting to repost this awesome work and pick away at it what we think are all they've reworked (2016-23) and perhaps if they've found some more to do this year during the studio time we've seen....fun game either way ...

1998:

"The Robin Finck/Josh Freese/Tommy Stinson/Billy Howerdel/Dizzy Reed version of the album that existed in 1998 was pretty incredible. It still sounded like GNR but there were elements of Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd mixed in." (James Barber, Poptones, 10/16/05)

Songs with vocals:

• "Madagascar"
  • "Prostitute"

Finished songs in instrumental form:

• "Chinese Democracy"
  • "T.W.A.T."
  • "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Perhaps"
  • "Rhiad"
  • "Catcher In The Rye"
  • "The Blues"
  • "Quick Song"
  • "Zodiac 13"
  • "State Of Grace"
  • "Oklahoma"
  • "IRS"
  • "Hard School"
  • "Dummy"
  • "Me & My Elvis"
  • "Ides Of March"
  • "D Tune"
  • "Curly Shuffle"
  • "Thyme"

1999:

A - Tier Songs with vocals:

• "Madagascar"
  • "Prostitute"
  • "T.W.A.T."
  • "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Perhaps"
  • "Rhiad"
  • "Chinese Democracy"
  • "Catcher In The Rye"
  • "The Blues"
  • "Silkworms"
  • "If The World"
  • "State Of Grace"
  • "IRS"
  • "Hard School"
  • "Oh My God"

B - Tier Songs with vocals:

• "Eye On You"
  • "Quick Song"
  • "Nothing"
  • "This I Love"

A - Tier instrumentals:

• "P.R.L."
  • "Moustache"
  • "Zodiac 13"
  • "Tonto"
  • "I'm Sorry"
  • "Oklahoma"
  • "Dummy"
  • "Me & My Elvis"
  • "Circus Maximus" renamed after "Ides Of March"
  • "D Tune"
  • "Curly Shuffle"
  • "Thyme"

B - Tier instrumentals:

• "Real Doll"
  • "Shackler's Revenge"
  • "Billionaire"
  • "Dub Suplex"
  • "Devious Bastard"
  • "As It Began"

2000:

Finished songs:

• "Madagascar"
  • "Prostitute"
  • "T.W.A.T."
  • "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Perhaps"
  • "Riad N' The Bedouins" renamed after "Rhiad"
  • "Chinese Democracy"
  • "Catcher In The Rye"
  • "The Blues"
  • "Silkworms"
  • "If The World"
  • "State Of Grace"
  • "IRS"
  • "Hard School"
  • "Thyme"
  • "Oh My God"

A - Tier instrumentals:

• "I'm Sorry"
  • "Oklahoma"
  • "Dummy"
  • "Me & My Elvis"
  • "Circus Maximus"
  • "D Tune"
  • "Curly Shuffle"

B - Tier instrumentals:

• "Quick Song"
  • "Zodiac 13"
  • "Shackler's Revenge"
  • "Dub Suplex"

Most likely abandoned songs:

• "PRL"
  • "Eye On You"
  • "Moustache"
  • "Tonto"
  • "Real Doll"
  • "Devious Bastard"
  • "Nothing"
  • "As It Began"
  • "This I Love"

2001:

Finished songs:

• "Madagascar"
  • "Prostitute"
  • "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Perhaps"
  • "Riad N' The Bedouins"
  • "Chinese Democracy"
  • "Catcher In The Rye"
  • "The Blues"
  • "Silkworms"
  • "If The World"
  • "State Of Grace"
  • "IRS"
  • "Hard School"
  • "Thyme"
  • "Oh My God"
  • "Oklahoma" [Vocals added]
  • "Going Down"

A - Tier instrumentals:

• "Sorry For You" renamed after "I'm Sorry"
  • "100 Cuban Skies" renamed after "Dummy"
  • "Leave Me Alone" renamed after "Me & My Elvis"
  • "Circus Maximus"
  • "D Tune"
  • "Curly Shuffle"
  • "Three Dollar Pyramid"
  • "Prom Violence"

B - Tier instrumentals:

• "Quick Song"
  • "Zodiac 13"
  • "Shackler's Revenge"
  • "Dub Suplex"

• "Inside Out"
  • Tommy Home Demo

2002 - MAJOR "RESET" OF THE ALBUM:

Finished songs ready to master:

• "Chinese Democracy" [Soft remake; plus BH solo]
  • "Better" renamed after "Three Dollar Pyramid" [Vocals added]
  • "The Blues" [Soft remake; orchestra]
  • "If The World"
  • "There Was a Time" renamed after "T.W.A.T." [Soft remake; plus BH solo; orchestra]
  • "Riad N' The Bedouins"
  • "IRS"
  • "Madagascar" [orchestra]
  • "Prostitute" [orchestra]
  • "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Perhaps"
  • "Silkworms" [Remake]
  • "State Of Grace"
  • "Oklahoma"
  • "Hard School"
  • "100 Cuban Skies" [Vocals added]
  • "Thyme" [Orchestra]
  • "Oh My God"
  • "Going Down" [Remake]

Demos began to circulate.

A - Tier instrumentals:

• "Leave Me Alone" [Orchestra]
  • "The General" [Orchestra]
  • "Seven" [Orchestra; possible mix between "Circus Maximus" / "D Tune" / "Curly Shuffle"]

B - Tier instrumentals:

• "Quick Song"
  • "Zodiac" renamed after "Zodiac 13"
  • "Shackler's Revenge" [Remake; possible mix between "Shackler's Revenge" / "Dub Suplex" / "Prom Violence"]

Late 2004 - Early 2005:

Finished songs:

• "Chinese Democracy"
  • "Better"
  • "The Blues"
  • "If The World"
  • "There Was a Time"
  • "Catcher In The Rye"
  • "Riad N' The Bedouins"
  • "Sorry For You" [Vocals added]
  • "IRS"
  • "Madagascar"
  • "Prostitute"
  • "Thyme"
  • "Elvis Presley & The Monster Of Soul" renamed after "Leave Me Alone" [Vocals added]
  • "The General" [Vocals added]
  • "Seven" [Vocals added]

B - Tier finished songs:

• "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Silkworms"
  • "Berlin" renamed after "Oklahoma"
  • "Oh My God"
  • "Going Down"
  • "Jackie Chan" renamed after "Hard School"
  • "Cuban Skies" renamed after "100 Cuban Skies"

A - Tier instrumental songs:

• "Shackler's Revenge"
  • "This I Love" [Previously abandoned]
  • "Lies They Tell"

• "Perhaps"
  • "Quick Song"
  • "Zodiac"
  • "State Of Grace"

2005 / EARLY 2006- "ANTIQUIET" / FINISHED UNRELEASED ALBUM:

Finished mastered album:

• "Chinese Democracy"
  • "Shackler's Revenge" [Vocals added; 2007 incident nothing to do with this song, only a reminder by Rose]
  • "Better"
  • "The Blues"
  • "If The World"
  • "There Was a Time"
  • "Riad N' The Bedouins"
  • "Lies They Tell" [Vocals added]
  • "Sorry For You"
  • "IRS"
  • "Madagascar"
  • "Prostitute"

Mastered and finished songs not to be included:

• "Catcher In The Rye"
  • "This I Love" [Vocals added]
  • "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Berlin"
  • "Seven"
  • "The General"
  • "Elvis Presley & The Monster Of Soul"
  • "Thyme"
  • "Oh My God"
  • "Silkworms"
  • "Cuban Skies"
  • "Jackie Chan"
  • "Going Down"

Instrumentals leftovers:

• "Light My Fire" [previously abandoned; renamed after "Moustache"]
  • "Tonto" [previously abandoned]
  • "Monstrosity"

2007 - FINISHED:

Finished album - Release in 2008:

• "Chinese Democracy"
  • "Shackler's Revenge"
  • "Better"
  • "Street Of Dreams" renamed after "Stardust" renamed after "The Blues"
  • "If The World"
  • "There Was a Time"
  • "Catcher In The Rye"
  • "Scraped" renamed after "Lies They Tell"
  • "Riad N' The Bedouins"
  • "Sorry" renamed after "Sorry For You"
  • "IRS"
  • "Madagascar"
  • "This I Love"
  • "Prostitute"

Finished songs - released in 2021:

• "Absurd!" renamed after "Silkworms"
  • "HardSkool" renamed after "Jackie Chan"

Finished unreleased songs:

• "Oh My God"
  • "Atlas Shrugged"
  • "Berlin"
  • "7" renamed after "Seven"
  • "The General"
  • "Soul Monster" renamed after "Monster Of Soul" renamed after "Elvis Preslery & The Monster Of Soul"
  • "Thyme"
  • "Cuban Skies"
  • "Going Down"
  • "Tonto" [Vocals added]
  • "Light My Fire" [Vocals added]
  • "Monstrosity" [Vocals added]

Finished songs 2023

Perhaps

The General

TBC

Atlas Shrugged

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Where is the speculation that Atlas Shrugged has been finished coming from? 

It seems folks are just inferring it from the stuff Slash has said and the fact it's the final song that's really good to go from the Village Leaks so we know it's a viable release for sure. I fear that even if it is done though that it'll be 2025 when we hear it - seems the singles are there to boost the ticket sales for US tours more than anything else. 

1 minute ago, BassistSeb said:

It seems folks are just inferring it from the stuff Slash has said and the fact it's the final song that's really good to go from the Village Leaks so we know it's a viable release for sure. I fear that even if it is done though that it'll be 2025 when we hear it - seems the singles are there to boost the ticket sales for US tours more than anything else. 

Oh ok, thanks. 

It could well be I suppose. I think the same as you- despite the current high people are on with the release of two songs, new music really doesn't seem to be a priority at all, so 2025 to drum up a few headlines for another tour would seem very likely. 

• Like 1