The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 minutes ago, Lelex95 said:

Yes! Possibly September even.

Edited by GNR 1991
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

You know what’s funny? Back in the early 2010s, Bumblefoot suggested releasing only one or two songs at a time, and Fernando basically brushed him away, yet now they’re using his idea! Lol

Yeah - some bands were doing that back then as there was this vibe that nobody cared about albums anymore. Would have been fun if they had done it in the Bumble era. 

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 2

Just now, BassistSeb said:

Yeah - some bands were doing that as there was this vibe that nobody cared about albums anymore. Would have been fun if they had done it in the Bumble era. 

Yet another example of how GnR is always one step behind…

Yet pitman refers to us as “dildos,” even though he claims to have quit due to GnR becoming a nostalgia act, despite the fact that he had previously said he didn’t care about new music…

Edited by rocknroll41

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

You know what’s funny? Back in the early 2010s, Bumblefoot suggested releasing only one or two songs at a time, and Fernando basically brushed him away, yet now they’re using his idea! Lol

yeah but I think Bumble's suggestion was to start writing from scratch, complete it, and release it one song at a time. Not releasing existing Chinese era material like Gn'R is doing now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

yeah but I think Bumble's suggestion was to start writing from scratch, complete it, and release it one song at a time. Not releasing existing Chinese era material like Gn'R is doing now.

You’re right. Forgot about that part. Bumble seemed to hate the ChiDem leftovers, to the point where it got pretty cringey…

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yet another example of how GnR is always one step behind…

Yet pitman refers to us as “dildos,” even though he claims to have quit due to GnR becoming a nostalgia act, despite the fact that he had previously said he didn’t care about new music…

He didn't care about releasing albums, I am sure he wanted to be part of the lineup that would release music he had been part of creating. And apart from regurgitating old songs from Chris and others this lineup has very much been a nostalgia act. And we are dildos. 

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Yeas, Bumble had realized there was little interest in working on an entire new album, so he hoped maybe some progress could be made if they instead worked on just song at the time, more bite-sized, and then released them before each tour leg (so they could always play something fresh), eventually compiling them all into a full album. 

You’re right. Forgot about that part. Bumble seemed to hate the ChiDem leftovers, to the point where it got pretty cringey…

I don't think he ever said anything like that? But he wanted to be a song writer in GN'R, not focus on songs he had only added parts to. 

• Like 1

I think it was more to do with wanting to truly move forward with writing compeltely new material that he had a hand in from the start and by doing that, being a real part of what I believe he considered every "real" band should act like or the approach Gn'R should have chosen in his eyes. It's understandable imo, if you don't know what you're getting yourself into by joining Gn'R in that era of the band.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He said a couple of times that the leftovers should be released first and got out the way so they could then write new music together.

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think it was more to do with wanting to truly move forward with writing compeltely new material that he had a hand in from the start and by doing that, being a real part of what I believe he considered every "real" band should act like or the approach Gn'R should have chosen in his eyes. It's understandable imo, if you don't know what you're getting yourself into by joining Gn'R in that era of the band.

I think a big part of it was him wanting writing credits to new material. 

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I think a big part of it was him wanting writing credits to new material. 

sure, I think it was probably a part of that as well, which is fair imo. In the end, Bumble gave everything he had when he was still in Gn'R imo, to the band and to the fans for 8 years and he's a fairly prolific musician that wasn't really interested in joining Gn'R in the first place, much like Bucket wasn't really into it at first.

• Like 1

If the rumor is true that atlas (and another song, I assume) are dropping in November, then maybe they really are planning to take a break for a good while after this year, and are just wiping the slate clean, for now. If they don’t plan to tour again for the next few years, then Axl doesn’t have to worry about playing any of these new songs live, so might as well put ‘em out now. Could be what he’s thinking. Mayhue did say they plan to “reboot their whole tour production after this year,” and also focus on a new actual album, and we know Slash is doing both SMKC and blues ball next year, and Duff will probably wanna tour lighthouse, so who knows…

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Where did the rumor of Atlas dropping in November   come from? Anything credible or just fan speculation?

it was posted on 4chan and reddit from someone who claimed, he/she is working in the industry. cover art was also posted. looks like arian buhlers style. the link should be in this thread somewhere

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Didn't look credible at all to me. Not to mention that they've been already proven wrong about Perhaps and the General (a bs story thatthe General was going to be in a movie soundtrack, but Axl pulled it in support of the Hollywood strike and the label was pissed off so Perhaps might not be released, lol)

That was the 4chan person who said that. The Reddit person (the one with the cover arts) never claimed that. They just shared the artworks and said The General would come out in October and then Atlas in November. Not saying they’re legit, mind you. Just clarifying that it’s two different people.