The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If Perhaps and The General/Monsters are the last singles that drop from the CD era before a "new" album. I fully expect this new album to contain some actual new songs, and the rest of the CD era stuff they want us not to think about as CD. Like Berlin, Seven, Zodiac, etc.

It seems like Axl is reluctant to record any new vocals. Not sure if any of those other CD songs have vocals or if theres any left with complete vocals other than Atlas. 

I dont have faith a new album will happen unless Axl decides to get in and record something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But how would they do that with tracks that we've heard in some form, like Oklahoma/Berlin and Zodiac? They can't change them that much to the point that we won't recognize them.

Oklahoma would be an easy one, they can say it dates from the mid-90s and we just heard the nuGNR interpretation of it. Same for basically anything piano driven that we haven't heard (supposedly at least one song from that 2010 after party) and stuff like Nothing. Stuff like Zodiac, Dummy, etc will probably be abandoned unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But how would they do that with tracks that we've heard in some form, like Oklahoma/Berlin and Zodiac? They can't change them that much to the point that we won't recognize them.

What I meant is I don’t think we have seen the last of CD songs. I believe more will be present, even on a future “new” album, despite what the band says. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vloors said:

It seems like Axl is reluctant to record any new vocals. Not sure if any of those other CD songs have vocals or if theres any left with complete vocals other than Atlas. 

I dont have faith a new album will happen unless Axl decides to get in and record something.

He recorded Rock the Rock for loony toons a few years ago dude

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If Perhaps and The General/Monsters are the last singles that drop from the CD era before a "new" album. I fully expect this new album to contain some actual new songs, and the rest of the CD era stuff they want us not to think about as CD. Like Berlin, Seven, Zodiac, etc.

After HS was released Slash told there's another one, two and another one two to come. Since the General/Monsters is billed as one track, we should get another one, two combo of songs

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Oh, we're doing rankings of these songs. Here's mine:

The General and Monsters 9

As one song I absolutely love this epic track. It's not perfect. There's some small things here and there that I'm not a fan of. But as a whole it's pretty much a masterpiece. I expect the final released version of The General to sound less muddy.

Hard Skool 8

It's an awesome old school rocker. Nobody makes music like this these days which is a terrible shame. It's super catchy and I love almost everything about it. It's a pretty simple song though, which is why I can't give it a perfect score. It had potential to be a masterpiece, but it would have needed a bit more meat on the bones.

Monsters 7

It's difficult for me to rank these as separate songs, since I don't really view them that way. And I don't actually know which one I like more out of these two songs. Monsters is perhaps the more consistently good song, but it doesn't hit me emotionally as hard as The General does.

The General 7

This song is stuck in my head. I love the disturbing lyrics. But I'm not a big fan of the "Don't know what to tell you now" -part and there's some other minor gripes that I have with this song. Emotionally speaking The General touches my soul more than Monsters does. Both of these songs feel incomplete without the other, which is why I prefer them as one song.

Absurd 7

The lyrics are very simple, but this song has amazing energy. My hot take is that I actually love the guitars on this song probably most out of all these new songs. The guitars fit the song perfectly. Absurd is astronomically much better than Silkworms.

Perhaps 6

It's a good song with great lyrics and melodies. But after the middle point, the song kinda just repeats itself, so for me it's the most uninteresting out of these songs.

Mother of god a 9  absurd 7....so estranged,you could be mine mrbrownstone and rocketqueen what they have a two thousand?

Most of the songs there are close to my world and shotgunblues. I ll go for perhaps but with a 6 and hardskool a 5. Absurd?  1 soul and the general? I dont know now what it really is, but i dont like it at all.

I really hope axl and the band finish all this leftovers maybe atlas sounds good and going down. And start to create new music from the starts. I love CD i love it and the band like the 90s. But this new songs are bad. 

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

10 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Oh, we're doing rankings of these songs. Here's mine:

The General and Monsters 9

As one song I absolutely love this epic track. It's not perfect. There's some small things here and there that I'm not a fan of. But as a whole it's pretty much a masterpiece. I expect the final released version of The General to sound less muddy.

Hard Skool 8

It's an awesome old school rocker. Nobody makes music like this these days which is a terrible shame. It's super catchy and I love almost everything about it. It's a pretty simple song though, which is why I can't give it a perfect score. It had potential to be a masterpiece, but it would have needed a bit more meat on the bones.

Monsters 7

It's difficult for me to rank these as separate songs, since I don't really view them that way. And I don't actually know which one I like more out of these two songs. Monsters is perhaps the more consistently good song, but it doesn't hit me emotionally as hard as The General does.

The General 7

This song is stuck in my head. I love the disturbing lyrics. But I'm not a big fan of the "Don't know what to tell you now" -part and there's some other minor gripes that I have with this song. Emotionally speaking The General touches my soul more than Monsters does. Both of these songs feel incomplete without the other, which is why I prefer them as one song.

Absurd 7

The lyrics are very simple, but this song has amazing energy. My hot take is that I actually love the guitars on this song probably most out of all these new songs. The guitars fit the song perfectly. Absurd is astronomically much better than Silkworms.

Perhaps 6

It's a good song with great lyrics and melodies. But after the middle point, the song kinda just repeats itself, so for me it's the most uninteresting out of these songs.

agree completely 

• Like 1

I think when it comes to the new songs it depends what mood you're in. 

I've said before that when I need a quick shot of venomous energy I blast Absurd on my headphones. It does what's needed, intro is electrifying and then that drum roll. Even the breakdown is needed. You can't help but pull the face Axl does at Rio 2011 where he's looking side to side waiting for it to come back in. Then it blasts back on to kick ass for another minute or so. Those spikey guitar leads, Duff's little bass fill. It's brilliant. Appetite for Destruction for the 22nd century. Love it. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I think when it comes to the new songs it depends what mood you're in. 

I've said before that when I need a quick shot of venomous energy I blast Absurd on my headphones. It does what's needed, intro is electrifying and then that drum roll. Even the breakdown is needed. You can't help but pull the face Axl does at Rio 2011 where he's looking side to side waiting for it to come back in. Then it blasts back on to kick ass for another minute or so. Those spikey guitar leads, Duff's little bass fill. It's brilliant. Appetite for Destruction for the 22nd century. Love it. 

Give that version of absurd that you are listening. Mine its like listening to a homeless  speach shouting to thr sky

• Haha 3

Good on yall for liking and ranking this stuff.. I’ve given it all quite a few listens but am somewhere between “meh” and “meh overproduced” on all of them. For me personally, I simply don’t like them. Again just an opinion but it’s interesting to see some of those 8s and 9s. I just… don’t hear that. Carry on!

ohh I just saw a 10 in there too? Geez, I mean opinions are opinions but none of these are a friggin 10, come one😂

Edited by IzzysMissy
Added comment
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Oklahoma would be an easy one, they can say it dates from the mid-90s and we just heard the nuGNR interpretation of it. Same for basically anything piano driven that we haven't heard (supposedly at least one song from that 2010 after party) and stuff like Nothing. Stuff like Zodiac, Dummy, etc will probably be abandoned unfortunately.

You talk about these songs as if they haven't already been abandoned over a decade ago lol

1 hour ago, IzzysMissy said:

ohh I just saw a 10 in there too? Geez, I mean opinions are opinions but none of these are a friggin 10, come one😂

Its probably just excitement over finally hearing these songs.

While it's subjective obviously,  10s are for music at the level of Dark Side of the Moon.

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Well, that might actually be true for Oklahoma. It may very well be a similar case to Hard Skool: most likely dating from 1996, but without Slash having involvement in writing it, so Axl had it developed later by the NuGnR guys. I think it's likely that even Perhaps originates from Axl/Paul Tobias sessions in the mid-90s.

• Like 2

I'm fascinated by the whole Chinese era....but it is like being stuck in a vortex....like the escape room we can never leave....Axl won't let his gripe on us go.....probably ever. Following it all has highs but many many lows too....I think Axl may owe a few people on here therapy bills for the last 3 decades of being a Guns fan...

If they ever close the door (shut up - we'll still be debating what's going on the mythical 30th ani or postumous boxset! 😉)  on the CD era and do get into the studio to record that from scratch album that Slash has wet dreams about, it will be like a strange strange feeling for a lot of us in here....like we've been set free! 

Stockholm Syndrome indeed.

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Its probably just excitement over finally hearing these songs.

While it's subjective obviously,  10s are for music at the level of Dark Side of the Moon.

Of course it can be a 10, its subjective. But of course, time will tell.

I guess you would have reacted likewise when CD came out - its a 10 for me and for single songs st least TWAT and Better are 10/10

Edited by betterman