The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Maybe there's another interview I haven't read, but as far as I know he didn't give any specifics to the detail you mentioned

Slash: We’re just gonna put out like one or two songs, and another one or two songs. And I think that’s gonna be pretty much all of ’em. I’m not sure exactly how many we did in total. 

Please explain to me how what I said is "entirely inaccurate" when it's exactly what Slash said.

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Slash: We’re just gonna put out like one or two songs, and another one or two songs. And I think that’s gonna be pretty much all of ’em. I’m not sure exactly how many we did in total. 

Please explain to me how what I said is "entirely inaccurate" when it's exactly what Slash said.

Hey I said there might be an interview I hadn't read. That's my get out of jail free card😉 ....but also he ends with "not sure how many we did in total" so...😉 

Edited by Tom2112
  • ABSUЯD 1

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Hey I said there might be an interview I hadn't read. That's my get out of jail free card😉 ....but also he ends with "not sure how many we did in total" so...😉 

Fair enough, being it was the most concise answer we've gotten so far I just assumed we all were aware of it ... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Tax deductible. That'll be about it. 

It’s just odd, I’m so over hoping for anything new or exciting, but I know the nascar business, and it makes no sense for an entity to spend that much money to sponsor a race car like that when they have nothing to promote. Seems like it’s just gonna be a new merch line tho

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

It’s just odd, I’m so over hoping for anything new or exciting, but I know the nascar business, and it makes no sense for an entity to spend that much money to sponsor a race car like that when they have nothing to promote. Seems like it’s just gonna be a new merch line tho

'No sense'  and 'GNR' are very often spoken in the same sentence......

I think at this stage they just pull suggestions out of a hat and do that. If it says 'new music' they pop it back in and pull out another though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

seems odd to spend millions sponsoring a Nascar car without anything to promote

This strikes me as one of those entirely random things that Axl ‘just decided’ he wanted to do. I’d bet my left but it means nothing in terms of a new tour/music.

Its just random folly from a millionaire 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gavgnr said:

This strikes me as one of those entirely random things that Axl ‘just decided’ he wanted to do. I’d bet my left but it means nothing in terms of a new tour/music.

Its just random folly from a millionaire 

This. Thinking it means anything beyond Axl felt like it is a mistake.

• Like 1

Man I keep staring at pictures of the new GNR NASCAR and can almost hear a new song as I sit in silence.  I think it ends with an aahhhhhhh like patience.

on a lighter note I’m actually tired of welcome to the bunghole at this point in life.  Been used too much over the years. 

4 hours ago, davisp said:

Isn't Axl a big motorsports fan? I guess they couldn't afford to sponsor a Indy team let alone a F1 team... so this is what he got for his bday from TB 🤷‍♂️

😂

This is the Daytona 500, way more costly than a typical Indy sponsorship. Not sure about F1. This was hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to do

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Atlas Shrugged still pulls up GN'R in Spotify for me. (US)

I hope that if Axl releases Atlas Shrugged officially and Slash is on there instead of Brian May, that at least the main solo will be just as good cause I feel like May's solo is perfect for the song. At least if Axl releases a Slash version, we'll have 2 versions to enjoy/compare like Catcher.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I hope that if Axl releases Atlas Shrugged officially and Slash is on there instead of Brian May, that at least the main solo will be just as good cause I feel like May's solo is perfect for the song. At least if Axl releases a Slash version, we'll have 2 versions to enjoy/compare like Catcher.

I agree, if Slash plays something similar to what May did, and if it's mixed similarly, it should be good. 

Perhaps has one of my favorite solos, I wonder how that will sound if Slash redid that one. I felt most of Slash's playing on Hard Skool sounded uninspired, but I do like the second part of his solo on that song. Robin's work is more enjoyable to me on that one though. I have no idea how they will re-work songs like Zodiac 13 and Quick Song, those shouldn't be touched, unless they want to put bits of Slash and Duff on them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I agree, if Slash plays something similar to what May did, and if it's mixed similarly, it should be good. 

Perhaps has one of my favorite solos, I wonder how that will sound if Slash redid that one. I felt most of Slash's playing on Hard Skool sounded uninspired, but I do like the second part of his solo on that song. Robin's work is more enjoyable to me on that one though. I have no idea how they will re-work songs like Zodiac 13 and Quick Song, those shouldn't be touched, unless they want to put bits of Slash and Duff on them.

I think I preferred the new version of Hard Skool.....but then I also loved Absurd, so there we go. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think I preferred the new version of Hard Skool.....but then I also loved Absurd, so there we go. 

I think they did MUCH better with Absurd than they did with Hard Skool. Absurd was changed far less than the latter from the CD era version. I just wish Brain's drums were higher in the mix on Absurd, and the guitars a little lower. It would have been cool if they kept one of Bucket's solos on there for old time sake, at least they kept his kill switch intro and outro playing. (The latter being pretty low in the mix)