The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, 90 minutes is a short set, I think recently their average is about 1hr 45 mins which is still short for those ticket prices. But I'd rather see a band play an all killer no filler 1.5-2 hour show, than a 3 hour show where the singer is constantly struggling.

My point was that they 'do it right' by playing and rotating a good amount of new music, big hits and fan favourites. If GNR release an album I'd hope they play more than 2-3 songs from it.

I agree with you a regarding rotating new music and big hits. I just think it's a rip off for them to charge that much face value.  When I included fees out of curiosity, it came to $300.  As someone who is a casual fan of that band, no way am I spending $300 on them.   

10 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I agree with you a regarding rotating new music and big hits. I just think it's a rip off for them to charge that much face value.  When I included fees out of curiosity, it came to $300.  As someone who is a casual fan of that band, no way am I spending $300 on them.   

I paid about the same for my ticket to see them next month, but I have a good seat in the lower bowl. For reference, I also paid about 300 after fees for GNR tickets in the lower bowl in 2016-17. Unfortunately that's become a normal price for a stadium show.

I'm excited for the RHCP show though, their newest album is really good. I'm hoping they play Eddie and Carry Me Home.

33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I paid about the same for my ticket to see them next month, but I have a good seat in the lower bowl. For reference, I also paid about 300 after fees for GNR tickets in the lower bowl in 2016-17. Unfortunately that's become a normal price for a stadium show.

I'm excited for the RHCP show though, their newest album is really good. I'm hoping they play Eddie and Carry Me Home.

Carry Me Home is great. My favorite track is Bella. Great band live though I wish their sets would go a bit longer. For the money I’d rather see them over GNR or Metallica. 

• Like 2

It’s tricky with new material. When singing the oldies, Axl has the benefit of the crowd covering a lot of how bad he sounds because they are singing with him. If he is singing new songs, he’s going to sound worse without the crowd. If anything, it will highlight his weaknesses more. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

It’s tricky with new material. When singing the oldies, Axl has the benefit of the crowd covering a lot of how bad he sounds because they are singing with him. If he is singing new songs, he’s going to sound worse without the crowd. If anything, it will highlight his weaknesses more. 

Come on everbody, "ABSURD! ABSURD!! Aaaaaaahhhhh!"

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

14 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Not sure where you are getting at, but just because Slash says they have 4-6 more songs coming (or whatever) that doesn't mean, or even imply that's because that's all Axl has. 

For all we know, Axl could have 2 albums worth of completed material with vocals, but only wants NITL to touch 6 more. Maybe he feels the rest are perfect left untouched, or maybe he feels he doesn't ever want to release them. Maybe after NITL and/or the band is dissolved, he will release what's left in the vault.

I think most would be surprised to know how much material the band is, and has been sitting on. If only the OG hoarders were still around, or interested enough to back me on this.

Look man I believed in Axl and trilogy for a long time just up until 2021. I don't anymore. And I've of late come to the opinion that when Axl dies the vault still wont be opened. He'll have it all deleted or some crazy shit.

• GNFNR 2

38 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Look man I believed in Axl and trilogy for a long time just up until 2021. I don't anymore. And I've of late come to the opinion that when Axl dies the vault still wont be opened. He'll have it all deleted or some crazy shit.

That's my worst fear. Hopefully we get to hear all of that stuff one day. :)

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Na, I think the vault will be released, because others will just want the money. But the deleted thought kinda scares me given I spent a good portion of my life dreaming about it, waiting for it...... how sad is that lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jamillos said:

Oh I was taking HS as one of the Village ones. Ok, HS may be from 96 or whatever, but do you think Slash would use these words because of 3 or 4 years' difference? I don't think so. 

Slash has confirmed they haven't worked on any new music, just cd era stuff, so the epic songs he talked about recording would have been from 2006-2007 at the very latest (and more than likely they were done before that), so still less than a decade after the Village sessions.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash has confirmed they haven't worked on any new music, just cd era stuff, so the epic songs he talked about recording would have been from 2006-2007 at the very latest (and more than likely they were done before that), so still less than a decade after the Village sessions.

Yeah but that would still be great, since it would mean songs we don't know or at least haven't heard yet. The General ftw. 

My guess is there's nothing in the vault that Slash and Duff could do anything with and sound like Guns'n'Roses.  "Hard School" was the only option.  If there's anything with vocals, it could have been an Axl solo album twenty years ago.  No one's going to buy an instrumental album made by long-gone employees.

51 minutes ago, gokken said:

What was the last statement made by a band member regarding new music? Was is slash saying they will release "a handful of songs"?

I've answered this so many times in the past few days. 

Slash said they would be releasing the new (ChiDem songs) songs incrementally until they are all out. He said they already released two (Hardschool & Silkworms), and then they would release another one or two, and then another one or two, and then that would be everything.

So if you take what he says seriously, then that means Slash & Duff worked on a total of 4-6 songs from ChiDem, and we are to expect only 2-4 more to be released.

He then went on to say that after the 2023 World Tour is when they would begin the process of working on brand new material. 

I personally don't believe they will work on new music. That ship sailed a long time ago. They'll announce another tour in 2024, and they will continue to endlessly tour (as they have been) until Axl calls it a day.

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 2

Axl's Soul Monster quote came after a fan asked him what his favorite unreleased or officially released CD song was. So when Axl said Soul Monster was his favorite, it seems he meant his favorite CD-era song. Quite a statement. Yet this apparently has not helped in getting it released. In those same chats Axl said TIL was the track he was most proud of on CD, and yet he also said that until Robin brought it up he never even considered releasing it. It seems with Axl there is no connection between his excitement/fondness for a song and a desire to share it with the public.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

46 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl's Soul Monster quote came after a fan asked him what his favorite unreleased or officially released CD song was. So when Axl said Soul Monster was his favorite, it seems he meant his favorite CD-era song. Quite a statement. Yet this apparently has not helped in getting it released. In those same chats Axl said TIL was the track he was most proud of on CD, and yet he also said that until Robin brought it up he never even considered releasing it. It seems with Axl there is no connection between his excitement/fondness for a song and a desire to share it with the public.

Idk hey. Axl was also very fond of Silkworms/Absurd.

So there may be a fair bit of distance between what he likes and what the general public likes. 

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, 90 minutes is a short set, I think recently their average is about 1hr 45 mins which is still short for those ticket prices. But I'd rather see a band play an all killer no filler 1.5-2 hour show, than a 3 hour show where the singer is constantly struggling.

My point was that they 'do it right' by playing and rotating a good amount of new music, big hits and fan favourites. If GNR release an album I'd hope they play more than 2-3 songs from it.

Agree with this. Keep a shorter tighter set and scrap the covers and bloated instrumentals/extended songs.

Reality is GNR could just keep NR,  SCOM and PC then rotate everything else including adding new songs. Casuals will be happy and fans can see new mixed sets and new songs.

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Agree with this. Keep a shorter tighter set and scrap the covers and bloated instrumentals/extended songs.

Reality is GNR could just keep NR,  SCOM and PC then rotate everything else including adding new songs. Casuals will be happy and fans can see new mixed sets and new songs.

WTTJ, SCOM, Nov Rain, KOHD and PC are really the only "must play" songs. Keep ISE, Brownstone, Nightrain and Patience because they're fan favourites that still sound pretty good. But yea, they could definitely overhaul the set and still keep everybody happy.

14 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Imagine how many other completed songs exist that Axl doesn't intend on releasing.

Years ago, a hoarder (@card5777, I believe) claimed to have at least 12 songs that he was told Axl was against releasing in any form. I'm curious if we got any of those from the Village leaks. 

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Imagine how many other completed songs exist that Axl doesn't intend on releasing.

Years ago, a hoarder (@card5777, I believe) claimed to have at least 12 songs that he was told Axl was against releasing in any form. I'm curious if we got any of those from the Village leaks. 

There were many “hoarders” on here years ago who would come here to pontificate, but nothing materialized (guns4tea). I’ve spoken to MSL as well over the breadth of hoarded songs. In reality, most of this was just a ruse to get material from “real hoarders”. How much really exists? Probably a lot less than you think, certainly far less than you are hoping for. 

• Like 1