The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 2/10/2023 at 3:03 PM, rumandraisin said:

I dunno, slash had spent 5 years by then slagging him off while in the same sentence saying "I don't wanna talk about it/I'm bored of being asked". Axl always came across far better in that era, his very few public comments seemed to be lengthy explanations of how things went down. Slash spent years bad mouthing Axl and making pretty shitty comments, especially when on the promotion train circa 2004 for the VR album. 

Ive always been team Axl. 

Ah I see- so they're both immature spoiled brats. Thanks for clarifying that. :)

On 2/9/2023 at 10:26 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

This thread should be locked until ACTUAL news that is discussion worthy comes out. There is no point to have a thread like this that consists of a myriad of different topics, conversations, and arguments like the original one was and is the only reason it ever reached 1000 pages. As it stands right now, per the band themselves, there is NO album, not in release state, not in production, not in plans to be recorded, or released ... NOTHING. There are MAYBE a FEW songs that MIGHT be released. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS THREAD TO BE OPEN.

Except that Slash said there was a possibility that the released songs would be compiled on an album. 

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

He said they only worked on a few songs and there's only 2-4 more coming ... That's not an album ...

Amazing how this is almost entirely inaccurate to what Slash actually said🤣. He said he recorded a bunch of songs and then said he couldn't remember exactly how many. He 100% didn't say he worked on only 2-4 songs. In another interview he said that the plan was to release the songs piece mail, and then he wondered out loud whether they would release them as a collection album once they finished, but he said he had no idea. So... it's not NOT an album, but it's also probably not seeing the light of day either so... it doesn't really matter.

AND this thread should not be being used... we have work to do on the old one!

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Amazing how this is almost entirely inaccurate to what Slash actually said🤣. He said he recorded a bunch of songs and then said he couldn't remember exactly how many. He 100% didn't say he worked on only 2-4 songs. In another interview he said that the plan was to release the songs piece mail, and then he wondered out loud whether they would release them as a collection album once they finished, but he said he had no idea. So... it's not NOT an album, but it's also probably not seeing the light of day either so... it doesn't really matter.

By the way, is Slash back on drugs? shit

12 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

What I said is not entirely inaccurate ... He said they already released a pair of songs ... Then they'll release another 1 or 2 .. And then one or two more after that and that will be everything ... So by his words ... That's six songs total with Hardschool and Absurd already being released

31 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

What’s Slash up to these days? Usually he squeezes in a SMK album during sizable breaks like this. Part of me wonders if this means GNR is working on stuff, but the other part of me immediately rolls my eyes at the thought. 

If GN'R is "working on stuff" it implies they are recording over stunning work by Robin Finck and Buckethead. 

So hopefully, they are not working on anything except for final mixing and mastering of tracks that have been in the vault for a while, prepping them for release. :) 

Yes, I'm sure Slash will be on some songs on the net album, but hopefully not all of them. Maybe he will take more of a Bumblefoot on CD roll where he plays some bits here and there, a solo on this and that song, etc. 

Let's pray they keep most of Brain's drums too. Wouldn't it be great if we also get a song or two with Josh's drums? One can dream...

At the very least, assuming Slash and Duff are re-working all of the songs like they did with Hard Skool, and to a much lesser extent, Absurd, that they do a decent mix and master, unlike what we got on that release. That's all I ask. (And as many Bucket and Robin solos as possible :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If GN'R is "working on stuff" it implies they are recording over stunning work by Robin Finck and Buckethead. 

So hopefully, they are not working on anything except for final mixing and mastering of tracks that have been in the vault for a while, prepping them for release. :) 

Yes, I'm sure Slash will be on some songs on the net album, but hopefully not all of them. Maybe he will take more of a Bumblefoot on CD roll where he plays some bits here and there, a solo on this and that song, etc. 

Let's pray they keep most of Brain's drums too. Wouldn't it be great if we also get a song or two with Josh's drums? One can dream...

At the very least, assuming Slash and Duff are re-working all of the songs like they did with Hard Skool, and to a much lesser extent, Absurd, that they do a decent mix and master, unlike what we got on that release. That's all I ask. (And as many Bucket and Robin solos as possible :D

I’d love it if, against all odds, they dropped an album of 10 or more tracks on us. It’s also not impossible for some of Robin and Bucket’s guitars to stay intact. The Stones had guest guitarists laying down solos in the 70s after Mick Taylor left, and some of them (Hand of Fate comes to mind) are pretty incredible. GNR could hypothetically do something similar on some tracks.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

I'm happy with fortus but part of me wonders if they could be waiting on Izzy.

A few years back Duff did an interview i think with Classic Rock where he mentioned they had the amps set up for him waiting to come to rehersal for 3 months.

Obviously the sticking point seeems to be money based of what Izzy said, but that was years ago now. 

If they do anything new studio wise from scratch (doubt they will) but lets just say IF they do then I wouldn't be stunned to find out they were trying to build bridges with him to get him writing and recording.

If that were to happen it could only help the potential songs/record and sales. 

2 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Yes this thread has become pointless for the time being but I think we can all agree that we WILL be getting some new tunes this year. 

This thread should get LOCKED until the other is done. It's pretty idiotic to talk about a non existing album in 2 threads.

• GNFNR 1

I've said this before but the common denominator has and always will be Axl Rose. If this was the same band with a different lead singer they'd probably be on their third album by now. The process of Chinese Democracy broke him and even before that he seemed very peculiar about the stuff he likes to work on.

The sad thing is despite the ambition he had during the ChiDem era, he seems perfectly content to tour the same songs where even the newest ones released almost 15 years ago. He's making that money and gets to go back to his personal life in between with zero pressure. 

• Like 3

There’s a reason Slash keeps making the mistake of saying they’re rounding 3rd on releasing more music, and that reason is that’s what they’re (management) telling him. He’s likely getting strung along on same merry go round as the rest of us. Of course, he’s getting paid while the fans can only stare and wonder.

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

There’s a reason Slash keeps making the mistake of saying they’re rounding 3rd on releasing more music, and that reason is that’s what they’re (management) telling him. He’s likely getting strung along on same merry go round as the rest of us. Of course, he’s getting paid while the fans can only stare and wonder.

Slash is a 60 year old man! He's not that naive! He's putting some fire under Axl's ass.

• Haha 1

I'm just thinking of a scenario where Slash raves about Axl being in the studio and laying down killer vocals for songs that don't exist just to light a fire under him. Like instead of Axl being pissed he works extra hard to make an album like someone who's barely worked on the paper thats due in 3 days. 

16 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Slash is a 60 year old man! He's not that naive! He's putting some fire under Axl's ass.

I kinda think the reason he makes those statements about new music coming soon is to do exactly that. If management tells him in October new music will drop in, say, December, he probably feels like the press they’ll inevitably get from him saying it’s coming “soon” doubles the pressure to actually put it out. And if that’s the case, he obviously needs a new motivational plan. 

• Like 1

I think the time is long past to accept the fact that Axl, for whatever reason, doesn't want to create new songs.  It's his life, his art and his career so there's nothing any of us can do about it.

I mean, if he had even the slightest desire to do it we would have had more than Absurd and Hard Skool and would have had more 5 years ago.  The reunion is closer to a decade than to a couple of years at this point.  There's been plenty of time.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What I said is not entirely inaccurate ... He said they already released a pair of songs ... Then they'll release another 1 or 2 .. And then one or two more after that and that will be everything ... So by his words ... That's six songs total with Hardschool and Absurd already being released

Maybe there's another interview I haven't read, but as far as I know he didn't give any specifics to the detail you mentioned