The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

6 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

I read somewhere in one of these threads this morning that the girl that runs HTGTH said there most likely wouldn't be any new music this year.  She basically works with the band, no?  

I don't check HTGTH, but if she's in the know then I guess that's that. 

I 100% don't expect them to have worked on any new 'fresh' music this year. Releasing the final songs they recorded over lockdown? I see no reason not to... other than they concluded they aren't good enough, which happens all the time with bands. Just look at Extreme who have been writing their album for like 7 years, they ditched a bunch of songs and started over from scratch a few years in, it's finished now and has been since the lockdown too and they are sitting on it. Some bands just cannot get out of their own way when it comes to new music I guess!

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

After today's tour announcement I think I've never been so disheartened about the chances of ever hearing anything new. 

It just seems so far down the priority list (as if there's a list). But I also fully expected more touring with no new music, so I'm not disappointed. They'll never do what we hope, so fuck em😄

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

After today's tour announcement I think I've never been so disheartened about the chances of ever hearing anything new. 

It’s a bummer for sure. You’d hope that, despite themselves, they at least figure out how to release 1 or 2 tracks digitally leading up to these dates, however unlikely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

I read somewhere in one of these threads this morning that the girl that runs HTGTH said there most likely wouldn't be any new music this year.  She basically works with the band, no?  

You refer to Jarmo? Isn't "she", is him.

• Haha 1

As for new (not ChiDem) music, Slash said they would focus on that after the next tour (which has just been announced). So if we are going to take Slash's words at face value, the band will begin the process of writing new songs for a new album at the end of this year or sometime in 2024. This is the first time Slash (or any member of the band) has given a concrete answer on plans for new music. So it's really idiotic to continue to discuss/debate/argue over whether new music has been recorded, or if they plan to, or if they are going to ever, etc. Slash has confirmed there is no new music currently, and they haven't started writing new music, and they will begin that process after the 2023 tour. We have to now wait for an update. 

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

As for new (not ChiDem) music, Slash said they would focus on that after the next tour (which has just been announced). So if we are going to take Slash's words at face value, the band will begin the process of writing new songs for a new album at the end of this year or sometime in 2024. This is the first time Slash (or any member of the band) has given a concrete answer on plans for new music. So it's really idiotic to continue to discuss/debate/argue over whether new music has been recorded, or if they plan to, or if they are going to ever, etc. Slash has confirmed there is no new music currently, and they haven't started writing new music, and they will begin that process after the 2023 tour. We have to now wait for an update. 

Yep. The only material that can realistically be debated about before then are a few CD leftovers since Slash said there are about four left to release (if i remember correctly).

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yep. The only material that can realistically be debated about before then are a few CD leftovers since Slash said there are about four left to release (if i remember correctly).

No. Even if you ignore the fact Axl used 10+ studios for CD and he would hardly use all of them just to thinker with the few Village demos, Slash talked about a song in one of his interviews and literally said that this one "doesn’t have that kind of history" (as SW/HS). Meaning, it’s younger. Meaning, not from the Village sessions. There you go – new(ish) songs we know nothing about. 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

No. Even if you ignore the fact Axl used 10+ studios for CD and he would hardly use all of them just to thinker with the few Village demos, Slash talked about a song in one of his interviews and literally said that this one "doesn’t have that kind of history" (as SW/HS). Meaning, it’s younger. Meaning, not from the Village sessions. There you go – new(ish) songs we know nothing about. 

Slash specifically said that the epic songs he worked on don't have the same history as Hard Skool, which could simply mean that Hard Skool dates to the mid 1990s, not necessarily that the others won't come from the Village sessions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash specifically said that the epic songs he worked on don't have the same history as Hard Skool, which could simply mean that Hard Skool dates to the mid 1990s, not necessarily that the others won't come from the Village sessions.

This is exactly right. He was specifically speaking about Hard Skool and that “history” applies to it. 

• Like 1