The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

So the upshot of all this is......fuck all. 

Hopefully they'll roll over at some point this year and hit 'release' on an old song, just to stop us being told what aspects of the band we can and can't discuss. 

If they don't..... here's to another year of us all being told we hate the band we want new music from. 

Keeps us all busy, hey?! 

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

ridiculous isn't it? but people are strange, so maybe for the same reason that someone would constantly point out the same exact negatives, just worded differently in a fan forum of a rock band.

Because the negatives outweigh the positives, and we all want to see the positives. plus all the negatives you mock are very easily fixed. Well maybe not Axls vocals, he could sing a couple in his lower register and drop a couple of the ones he really struggles with. But we KNOW there are unreleased songs from 2+ years ago just not being released. we know there is a full album from 2010 and 2015 that just was not released. We know the band can play with pyro as they did it for 15 years without any issues and now they're just cheaping out and not doing it. Those things are so avoidable and no one wants to moan about them, that is the bands fault not the fans. the people who complain, want whats best for them as fans and the band as musicians. the people that are over positive and love this band no matter what are on some great drugs and id love to take your number so you can send some my way!

Sidenote - State of grace is the best unreleased song and adding a slash solo will make that song a monster. See we dont moan all the time!

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Because the negatives outweigh the positives, and we all want to see the positives. plus all the negatives you mock are very easily fixed. Well maybe not Axls vocals, he could sing a couple in his lower register and drop a couple of the ones he really struggles with. But we KNOW there are unreleased songs from 2+ years ago just not being released. we know there is a full album from 2010 and 2015 that just was not released. We know the band can play with pyro as they did it for 15 years without any issues and now they're just cheaping out and not doing it. Those things are so avoidable and no one wants to moan about them, that is the bands fault not the fans. the people who complain, want whats best for them as fans and the band as musicians. the people that are over positive and love this band no matter what are on some great drugs and id love to take your number so you can send some my way!

Sidenote - State of grace is the best unreleased song and adding a slash solo will make that song a monster. See we dont moan all the time!

it is what it is. You can't fix Axl Rose. The issue with posts made by a few posters for me here is less about the content of the posts, and more about the need to post the same opinion as many times as possible, Is it because you still expect Gn'R to do more? I wish they did more, but personally, I'm not going to ruin it for myself by thinking mostly about what isn't there or what it could have been almost everytime I post here. 

Axl has proved more than enough times that it's better to not expect anything from him as a musician or from Gn'R. 

I point out the flaws as well in Gn'R land, it's just that I think it's not something that is going to change cause he's been doing it like that for decades now. 

whatever old Gn'R was - that's long gone. The current version of it and every version of Gn'R after Axl attained control over it is mostly how Axl wants it to be and to operate, so different band with different priorities means different expectations from me.

• Like 2

For me, the issue would be that if you focus on the negative, the negative is what you’ll see all around you. Have you noticed that there seem to be some people in the world who are always, and I mean always negative, always have some problems, saying how things got pricey again, some dude is trying to rip them off, the government is fucking them over with bills etc., and these people, mumbling into their beer, seem to be literally chased by problems all the time? So imagine there’s an occasional complainer here. He also says other things, not just complaints. But if you solely focus on the negative, you’ll come to the (erroneous) conclusion that this and only this is what the dude is saying all the time. 
Simply not true. 

And then there’s this irony, where you’ll essentially keep complaining about complaining, i.e. doing exactly the same what you criticize. Repeating the same shit over and over. 

Imagine you’re sitting in a pub with a friend. He loves his wife dearly, but they’ve been together for a while, and sometimes he feels angry with her - she pisses him off, won’t put out etc. It’s not your job to tell your friend to leave the wife or to stop complaining all the time (even though he just does it sometimes, not all the time and every day); you don’t have to share his view (especially considering you love that wife too, you bastard), but you can be supportive enough to just let him blow off some steam, because after all, you share some hobby and can talk about other stuff pertaining to this hobby, right in a minute. You don’t have to keep telling him that he occasionally repeats the same material – after all, the wife isn’t gonna change and things can get dull, and if you and your friend see each other every goddamn day, shit’s gonna get repeated; that’s how life is. 

So, being always annoying about someone being always annoying doesn’t make them or you less annoying. I.e. complaining about complaining isn’t a solution. In fact, it only doubles the shit. And then, in case things get unbearable, there’s always this safeguard "ignore" function, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jamillos said:

For me, the issue would be that if you focus on the negative, the negative is what you’ll see all around you. Have you noticed that there seem to be some people in the world who are always, and I mean always negative, always have some problems, saying how things got pricey again, some dude is trying to rip them off, the government is fucking them over with bills etc., and these people, mumbling into their beer, seem to be literally chased by problems all the time? So imagine there’s an occasional complainer here. He also says other things, not just complaints. But if you solely focus on the negative, you’ll come to the (erroneous) conclusion that this and only this is what the dude is saying all the time. 
Simply not true. 

And then there’s this irony, where you’ll essentially keep complaining about complaining, i.e. doing exactly the same what you criticize. Repeating the same shit over and over. 

Imagine you’re sitting in a pub with a friend. He loves his wife dearly, but they’ve been together for a while, and sometimes he feels angry with her - she pisses him off, won’t put out etc. It’s not your job to tell your friend to leave the wife or to stop complaining all the time (even though he just does it sometimes, not all the time and every day); you don’t have to share his view (especially considering you love that wife too, you bastard), but you can be supportive enough to just let him blow off some steam, because after all, you share some hobby and can talk about other stuff pertaining to this hobby, right in a minute. You don’t have to keep telling him that he occasionally repeats the same material – after all, the wife isn’t gonna change and things can get dull, and if you and your friend see each other every goddamn day, shit’s gonna get repeated; that’s how life is. 

So, being always annoying about someone being always annoying doesn’t make them or you less annoying. I.e. complaining about complaining isn’t a solution. In fact, it only doubles the shit. And then, in case things get unbearable, there’s always this safeguard "ignore" function, too. 

Yeah, I don't know why you type such a huge post, because this has all been addressed already.
So, again, the people that mention the negativity and complaining on here don't ''always'' react to this. Considering how much negativity there is, they mention it very little. As I've said before in this thread, this week is the first time in almost a year or so that I reacted to it again. And that's because I thought it was so petty for some of them to rain on someone elses parade in the touring thread. 
And the fact that we react is because this is a fan forum. That doesn't mean you can't complain or express criticism, it would be boring if everyone is only pointing out the positives, especially with a band like GnR who deserves to receive criticism, but when you have a few posters who come here every day to point out the same negative sentiments over and over in almost every thread, then it's a real drag and makes for a less enjoyable forum to read. And now we are the bad guys again for saying something about it.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

So is it out yet?

No, but we're all just SO negative. In case you hadn't heard! 

Apart from when people praise decent stuff, like the live Blu-Ray. Then we're not.....but that can be ignored. Because we're just so negative that we probably only praise the good stuff to be negative. 

P.S. You're a hater. 

• Haha 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

No, but we're all just SO negative. In case you hadn't heard! 

Apart from when people praise decent stuff, like the live Blu-Ray. Then we're not.....but that can be ignored. Because we're just so negative that we probably only praise the good stuff to be negative. 

P.S. You're a hater. 

To be serious, I post a lot of negative comments. Because almost everything they do (or don't do) sucks.

That's just how it is.

The Blu Ray for example is great, saw it on youtube. But why the fuck can't I buy the thing as a stand alone?! Money's tight for everone, they don't give a fuck. 

If they do something that deserves praise I'm the first in line. But they just don't.

I think you, me and almost everyone on this board falls in that category.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

To be serious, I post a lot of negative comments. Because almost everything they do (or don't do) sucks.

That's just how it is.

The Blu Ray for example is great, saw it on youtube. But why the fuck can't I buy the thing as a stand alone?! Money's tight for everone, they don't give a fuck. 

If they do something that deserves praise I'm the first in line. But they just don't.

I’m confused why you guys constantly fail to comprehend what is being said. The issue some of us have is not the content, everyone is entitled to be negative and complain, but the repetition of constantly the same complaint day in and day out that is getting annoying. And not everyone does this, but there are a handful of posters guilty of this.

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That's just how it is.

Yeah, it's all part of the 'I'm the biggest fan because I love them more than you" nonsense. 

As you say, 99.9 per cent of posters on here will praise stuff when it's good, and do.  

Blu-Ray, Hard Skool, Absurd, loved that stuff. 

Far easier to ignore all the positives though and scream "negative haters" at everyone and anyone on here. 

Fortunately, most people here are pretty rational and realistic and capable of having fun and hoping the band might, one day, decide to do what they're capable of. 

Agree on the Blu-ray not being separate by the way, but I guess that's standard stuff with these box sets across the industry. The main issue was really that the whole boxset was wildly overpriced considering the amount of content. It's dropping though and will reach what I would few as a 'reasonable' price pretty soon. When it does, I'll enjoy the hell out of it! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Too easy if you actually bother trying to understand what we were saying, which I guess you don’t. Nice try, though.

I get what you're saying, of course there's people who comment about the upcoming tour or whatever just to point out how shit GNR is, Mickey Mouse vocals, etc. and that can be annoying for other people.

But you're doing the same thing you're complaining about, repeating the same thing with different wording, sounding like a broken record... "if only you could see it yourself". :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I get what you're saying, of course there's people who comment about the upcoming tour or whatever just to point out how shit GNR is, Mickey Mouse vocals, etc. and that can be annoying for other people.

But you're doing the same thing you're complaining about, repeating the same thing with different wording, sounding like a broken record... "if only you could see it yourself". :lol:

You don’t get it, I can’t help it these people are too stupid to understand. We say “it’s not about the content, you can be negative” and they get offended and react with “we’re not allowed to say anything and give criticism”. Uhm, we didn’t say that. 

Maybe it’s my fault to explain it again, knowing fully well they are too much of a troll or simply too thick to understand it. But hey, I tried. Thanks for butting in though.

Edited by EvanG
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

The complaints about complaining are worse than those that complain, use the ignore feature on them and keep everyone happy. Please.

That’s your opinion. I had more than 20 likes these last two days on my posts, so I don’t think I’m the only one who is getting tired of the endless repetition from the same few posters nor am I the only who has spoken out against it. But I guess since the moderators here are fine with it, I guess I will go back to posting only at the non-GnR subforums like I’ve done for the most part this last year because this place is no fun anymore. Kudos to you on the moderating. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

That’s your opinion. I had more than 20 likes these last two days on my posts, so I don’t think I’m the only one who is getting tired of the endless repetition from the same few posters nor am I the only who has spoken out against it. But I guess since the moderators here are fine with it, I guess I will go back to posting only at the non-GnR subforums like I’ve done for the most part this last year because this place is no fun anymore. Kudos to you on the moderating. 

I said I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it, like it, yes, I do
Oh, well, I like it, I like it. I like it

I like it, I like it
I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Ooh, I like that
(Only rock and roll, but) Ooh yeah, I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Yeah, I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Oh yeah, I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Oh yeah, but I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Yeah, I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Oh yeah, but I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Oh I, I like it
(Only rock and roll, but) Oh yeah, I like it
Yeah, I like it
Oh, I like it
Oh, I like it
Ooh yeah, I like it

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/27/2023 at 12:02 AM, El Guapo said:

So is it out yet?

Yes it just dropped. It's called A Butler's Tale. A huge, roller coaster of an album in four hundred sizzling tracks. A searing indictment of domestic servitude in the eighteenth century, with some hot gypsies thrown in.