The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

17 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Maybe the idea is to wait for the ticket sales to decline and then a single or two gets released to revamp fan interest. 

Who knows?

This is pretty much the best case scenario with the tour looming. Releasing two singles either simultaneously or in close proximity would snag headlines and any write ups would most certainly also mention the upcoming tour. But as always who knows what the plan is in reality, assuming there still is one for new music.

Edited by sofine11

History has kind of told us that the only thing that changes the band is neccesity- quite often brought on by lack of money being made. 

When the cash ran out and the label had enough of waiting for CD....something changed. It came out.

When Nu-Gnr were really struggling, playing the sort of gigs they were....something changed. Slash cane back. 

The main thing that would push new music now is if people stopped buying tickets and they HAD to do something. 

That's my take really. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

History has kind of told us that the only thing that changes the band is neccesity- quite often brought on by lack of money being made. 

When the cash ran out and the label had enough of waiting for CD....something changed. It came out.

When Nu-Gnr were really struggling, playing the sort of gigs they were....something changed. Slash cane back. 

The main thing that would push new music now is if people stopped buying tickets and they HAD to do something. 

That's my take really. 

not likely that people are going to stop buying tickets cause of lack of new music released by Gn'R. I think it's possible that Axl knew a reunion was on the table years before it happened. He talked about the possibility that Slash and Duff might return before it actually happened.

also, Axl could have reunited years before 2016 and could have made a killing, so I think it wasn't just about the money, it was also being ready to forgive Slash and bury the hatchet and I think Duff was instrumental in helping Axl see that maybe Slash wasn't evil heh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not likely that people are going to stop buying tickets cause of lack of new music released by Gn'R. I think it's possible that Axl knew a reunion was on the table years before it happened. He talked about the possibility that Slash and Duff might return before it actually happened.

also, Axl could have reunited years before 2016 and could have made a killing, so I think it wasn't just about the money, it was also being ready to forgive Slash and bury the hatchet and I think Duff was instrumental in helping Axl see that maybe Slash wasn't evil heh.

I'm not convinced he wouldn't have just ploughed on if Nu-GNR had been selling out massive venues. 

If people stopped buying tickets (and I know they won't) and GNR ended up playing theatres, something would have to change, one way or the other. 

45 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's my take really. 

How does the release of Hard Skool and Absurd fit into that theory? 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not convinced he wouldn't have just ploughed on if Nu-GNR had been selling out massive venues. 

If people stopped buying tickets (and I know they won't) and GNR ended up playing theatres, something would have to change, one way or the other. 

nostalgia is the main draw of Gn'R. Not sure if a release of even a brand new album would have made much of a difference in ticket sales.

it seems that Axl never wanted Slash and Duff to quit Gn'R, so my guess is that after Bucket and Robin left, and after Axl had enough time to support Chinese with multiple tours, that maybe there wasn't really a good reason to keep going.

if new Gn'R was selling out massive venues, maybe Axl would have kept going and the reunion wouldn't have happened, I agree. He had to replace Bumble and Tommy anyway and he couldn't really go with another replacement that is not Slash imo anyway.

Edited by Rovim

18 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Imagine: London, Jun 30th, 2023

Axl:
"Okay... so... since you guys waited so patently, we still have a... a record, no way, no way, that's two, no way, that's... four records comin' out in the middle of July... four CDs... and... we're wanna bring out a friend of us... hopely a friend of yours ladies & gentlemen Brian May... and this is my personal baby from the set... It is somethin' called... Perhabs"

More chance of him bringing out Freddie than this happening.

guys they sponsored a nascar racer, what more could we want? Haven’t we been spoilt enough? 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That's my take really. 

Been screaming this for years. They only want the casual’s money who don’t mind a lackluster performance and the same exact set lists years on. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, batman007 said:

I personally think that Axl has made it clear to Beta family , when he dies, release my new music . That is his kind of will to them . They can be financially set for many generations to come . 

I think part of the problem is that Axl Rose’s recording vault looks more like Al Capones. 

• Haha 2

Remember early last year Slash said the plan was to release single by single until there was a new albums worth of music?

Then remember fall last year Slash downsized that and said the plan was to release another 2-4 songs?

I see a pattern forming here...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Remember early last year Slash said the plan was to release single by single until there was a new albums worth of music?

Then remember fall last year Slash downsized that and said the plan was to release another 2-4 songs?

I see a pattern forming here...

It means if they can be bothered to release 1 or 2 more tracks we’ll be damn lucky.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

We need something soon because this site is literally turning in to a madhouse!
And for the past few hours I have had an image of Axls pubes seared in to my mind. :blink:

Ya know, at this point I’m not sure what’s sillier, discussing Axl’s pubes or the prospect of a new GNR album in 2023.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Ya know, at this point I’m not sure what’s sillier, discussing Axl’s pubes or the prospect of a new GNR album in 2023.

At this point I’d take Absurd part II… 

• ABSUЯD 1

17 hours ago, batman007 said:

I personally think that Axl has made it clear to Beta family , when he dies, release my new music . That is his kind of will to them . They can be financially set for many generations to come . 

You think Axl has so much unreleased material that it could financially support the Beta family for many generations? What?? lmao 

All the money is in touring anyways, so exactly how will Axl's music be profitable after he's dead? 

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

All the money is in touring anyways, so exactly how will Axl's music be profitable after he's dead? 

IF somebody wants to use it for whatever (s)he needs to pay
IF there will be a new record.... I would pay for it

Lot's of IF-s to imagine