The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash specifically said that the epic songs he worked on don't have the same history as Hard Skool, which could simply mean that Hard Skool dates to the mid 1990s, not necessarily that the others won't come from the Village sessions.

Axl said in Seville last year:

Axl introduced Hard Skool with "Here’s a new song I wrote about 20 years ago!".

1999 probably

10 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yep. The only material that can realistically be debated about before then are a few CD leftovers since Slash said there are about four left to release (if i remember correctly).

He said they'd release one or two next, and then another one or two. With HS & Silk already out, that means a potential 4-6 total. Which I think ultimately proves Pele right all along about Axl having only recorded proper vocals for a handful of songs, meaning the Village Sessions were left and are still mostly instrumentals. 

12 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

He said they'd release one or two next, and then another one or two. With HS & Silk already out, that means a potential 4-6 total. Which I think ultimately proves Pele right all along about Axl having only recorded proper vocals for a handful of songs, meaning the Village Sessions were left and are still mostly instrumentals. 

I hope we get a leak of everything from 2001-2008 someday just to show all the Peles in the world how wrong they are with how much material is out there.

But most of all, so we can hear the songs as they were intended to be heard with Robin and with Mr. Buckethead. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Even the local radio station here posted no new album news when they talked about the world tour. 

I love that GNR has all but officially included that statement as a caveat on the tour announcement. 😆

”THEY’RE BACK…and don’t even need a new album to take your money Gunners!!”

Edited by sofine11
  • Haha 1

It’s not like a new album would radically change the setlist anyway. Three songs per show for one tour at best. So if they put out another two songs two years after Absurd and Hardskool they’re kind of doing it right.

No one’s gonna be begging for deep cuts from the last Def Leppard, AC/DC or Bon Jovi albums if they tour this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

It’s not like a new album would radically change the setlist anyway. Three songs per show for one tour at best. So if they put out another two songs two years after Absurd and Hardskool they’re kind of doing it right.

No one’s gonna be begging for deep cuts from the last Def Leppard, AC/DC or Bon Jovi albums if they tour this year.

RHCP do it right. 6-7 new songs per show, rotating most of them each night, and still playing 10 big hits and a couple deeper cuts.

If GNR released an album I'd expect them to play at least 5-6 new songs per show. Back when they still released music, they played lots of new stuff live...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I think it would actually. The one thing you can say for them is that when they do put something out they at least play it. Hardschool and absurd came out they played them, when they brought SOYL back and released it they played it. When CD dropped they were even playing Scraped live. If an album did come out I think they would play a heavy chunk of it live which would change the setlist.

Doubt there ever will be a new album though

6 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I think it would actually. The one thing you can say for them is that when they do put something out they at least play it. Hardschool and absurd came out they played them, when they brought SOYL back and released it they played it. When CD dropped they were even playing Scraped live. If an album did come out I think they would play a heavy chunk of it live which would change the setlist.

Doubt there ever will be a new album though

I miss Shackler's Revenge live. Axl's vocals were intense on that one when I heard it live in 2011 and 2012.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I miss Shackler's Revenge live. Axl's vocals were intense on that one when I heard it live in 2011 and 2012.

Saw them do that in 2010, IRS in 2006 was imense 

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash specifically said that the epic songs he worked on don't have the same history as Hard Skool, which could simply mean that Hard Skool dates to the mid 1990s, not necessarily that the others won't come from the Village sessions.

4 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

This is exactly right. He was specifically speaking about Hard Skool and that “history” applies to it. 

Oh I was taking HS as one of the Village ones. Ok, HS may be from 96 or whatever, but do you think Slash would use these words because of 3 or 4 years' difference? I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I hope we get a leak of everything from 2001-2008 someday just to show all the Peles in the world how wrong they are with how much material is out there.

But most of all, so we can hear the songs as they were intended to be heard with Robin and with Mr. Buckethead. :) 

Keep dreaming dude. GnR are doing exactly what Pele said they would do. We have 2-4 more songs coming from ChiDem ***ACCORDING TO SLASH*** ... Now look at what's left from the leaks with proper vocals ... You do the math! 

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Keep dreaming dude. GnR are doing exactly what Pele said they would do. We have 2-4 more songs coming from ChiDem ***ACCORDING TO SLASH*** ... Now look at what's left from the leaks with proper vocals ... You do the math! 

I trust Axl, Dizzy, and Tommy's word over Pele's. 

You think Axl only recorded proper vocals on This I Love, Scraped, Sorry, and Better after the Village sessions?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

A lot of people (me included) are Team Pele, so to speak :D

it's gonna be State, Perhaps, Atlas, OMG 2 next. All of them B-Sides at best, but that's all they have.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I trust Axl, Dizzy, and Tommy's word over Pele's. 

You think Axl only recorded proper vocals on This I Love, Scraped, Sorry, and Better after the Village sessions?

I never said that, so why are you putting words in my mouth? I think MAYBE he did vocals for Oklahoma and Soul Monster ... We know he did for The General. Problem is, he for whatever reason is not releasing them or plans to release them. Why did you ignore when I said ACCORDING TO SLASH. Do you not trust Slash? Because Slash said 2-4 more songs are coming from ChiDem THAT'S EVERYTHING. So that's a really small window of potential songs we could get ... Why are you being such an ass about it? SLASH SAID 2-4 MORE SONGS AND THEN THAT'S IT

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

A lot of people (me included) are Team Pele, so to speak :D

it's gonna be State, Perhaps, Atlas, OMG 2 next. All of them B-Sides at best, but that's all they have.

I only became fully convinced that was the plan after they released HS & Silk ... The writing is smack plastered on the wall ... People still praying to the altar of Axl hoping to hear Zodiac with vocals are in need of help. They remind me televangelist victims 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I never said that, so why are you putting words in my mouth? I think MAYBE he did vocals for Oklahoma and Soul Monster ... We know he did for The General. Problem is, he for whatever reason is not releasing them or plans to release them. Why did you ignore when I said ACCORDING TO SLASH. Do you not trust Slash? Because Slash said 2-4 more songs are coming from ChiDem THAT'S EVERYTHING. So that's a really small window of potential songs we could get ... Why are you being such an ass about it? SLASH SAID 2-4 MORE SONGS AND THEN THAT'S IT

Not sure where you are getting at, but just because Slash says they have 4-6 more songs coming (or whatever) that doesn't mean, or even imply that's because that's all Axl has. 

For all we know, Axl could have 2 albums worth of completed material with vocals, but only wants NITL to touch 6 more. Maybe he feels the rest are perfect left untouched, or maybe he feels he doesn't ever want to release them. Maybe after NITL and/or the band is dissolved, he will release what's left in the vault.

I think most would be surprised to know how much material the band is, and has been sitting on. If only the OG hoarders were still around, or interested enough to back me on this.

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

RHCP do it right. 6-7 new songs per show, rotating most of them each night, and still playing 10 big hits and a couple deeper cuts.

If GNR released an album I'd expect them to play at least 5-6 new songs per show. Back when they still released music, they played lots of new stuff live...

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think they were doing it right last year where they charged $250-$275 in the mezzanine section at Metlife and they only played for 1.5 hours. That's kinda BS in my opinion. That's not doing it right. 

32 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think they were doing it right last year where they charged $250-$275 in the mezzanine section at Metlife and they only played for 1.5 hours. That's kinda BS in my opinion. That's not doing it right. 

Yea, 90 minutes is a short set, I think recently their average is about 1hr 45 mins which is still short for those ticket prices. But I'd rather see a band play an all killer no filler 1.5-2 hour show, than a 3 hour show where the singer is constantly struggling.

My point was that they 'do it right' by playing and rotating a good amount of new music, big hits and fan favourites. If GNR release an album I'd hope they play more than 2-3 songs from it.

• Like 1