The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 2/16/2023 at 11:06 AM, Sweersa said:

I agree, if Slash plays something similar to what May did, and if it's mixed similarly, it should be good. 

Perhaps has one of my favorite solos, I wonder how that will sound if Slash redid that one. I felt most of Slash's playing on Hard Skool sounded uninspired, but I do like the second part of his solo on that song. Robin's work is more enjoyable to me on that one though. I have no idea how they will re-work songs like Zodiac 13 and Quick Song, those shouldn't be touched, unless they want to put bits of Slash and Duff on them.

Easy, they wont ...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trin9498 said:

“Just because you want music doesn’t mean you have to get it…no one will force axl to release his art. He does it on his own time…..”

LOL!!! 

Somehow the world will survive without the 8 or 9 crappy songs he’s manage to write in the last 3 decades. In fact, no one gives a fuck. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Then why do you post here? I don't get it. 

Was hoping something was coming. I took many years off from this forum hoping that something would change Axl’s perspective on life as he aged. But I can see he’s still on the same plight. 

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Cause smokingadolf doesn't know what else to do

Gfys

• Haha 1

Regardless of if they were to work together or not, the true dynamics of back then aren't something Izzy has an interest in or would allow himself to actually be in to such a degree other than for appearances, if that. Also, anything I had written I felt was in similar directions then, during and after the 'Illusions' tour was more than rejected by both Slash and Duff at a time, which greatly helped destroy whatever confidence I may have had at the time.

Spinner Magazine, February 27, 2009

When I came back, I thought, ‘I don’t really like my day job anymore’. I was frustrated, because nothin’ was happening. But I hung in there for a little while, then finally got disillusioned with the whole thing. That’s when I started thinking about doing my own thing again.

Classic Rock, December 25, 2000

If I'd stayed for the sake of chivalry, I would probably be sitting here doing nothing. 'Cause there is no new Guns record out. In fact, I would probably not be walking this earth. I'd be pushing daisies. With respect to the millions of Guns fans, I wish I could explain how inevitable the split was.

I also came to terms with the reality that I’m not the guy to be able to have to communicate with Axl, and Duff’s not the guy to do it. And the two of us together even can’t [do it]. He just turned into this almost separate entity. It was like, no way we could really communicate on a creative level.

SVTV2, March 29, 2004