Nascar car sponsored by GNR

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

A quiz question: what do toy trucks, children's books, beer, and car racing have in common?
That's right. 

Anything. Anything but... Meh, waste of breath. 

Oh! Oh! I know this one... 

What is... ways Team Brazil is trying to scam GnR fans into giving them money. 

• Like 1

I'm not big on nascar, mostly because I'm not into sleeping with my cousins and I don't have an aunt who's also my grandmother, but nascar is the thing where they drive in circles all the time, right? 

That's another way in which nascar is a lot like Guns n' Roses. They keep doing the same shit over and over again with barely any variation at all. Maybe a few cars/tracks will trade places the next round, but that's about it. 

• Haha 4

In the pre-race interview Michael Waltrip (former driver who does the interviews) interviewed Erik Jones in front of the car and commented that it was the coolest car in the race.  During the race they had the "Guns n' Roses" helmet cam view with the logo on screen and a couple of times during the race the commentator said "that Guns n' Roses car" while commenting on things.

They are definitely getting exposure.  For what, I still don't really know.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

In the pre-race interview Michael Waltrip (former driver who does the interviews) interviewed Erik Jones in front of the car and commented that it was the coolest car in the race.  During the race they had the "Guns n' Roses" helmet cam view with the logo on screen and a couple of times during the race the commentator said "that Guns n' Roses car" while commenting on things.

They are definitely getting exposure.  For what, I still don't really know.

That last bit hits the nail on the head. With a normal band you'd know by now what this is about. But given that this is GnR, I'm afraid they're just trying to generate interest for yet another US tour. Expect nothing, and GnR will only let you a down a little. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

For anyone who wants to buy an ugly ass shirt for this

https://legacymc.shop.sportstoday.com/product/8XCT117/erik-jones-43-guns-n-roses-tshirt

Not as bad as I was expecting, the back design is okay, if I was American and a nascar fan then win win but being English and having no clue about nascar… doesn’t really appeal to me 

• Thanks 1

Just heard from the guy I buy diecast off that the car will be produced in 1:24 scale in Standard, Elite (more detailed), and colour chrome finish, as well as in 1:64 scale

EDIT: If you're in the US, you can pre-order here: https://www.lionelracing.com/drivername/Erik-Jones (I believe they ship internationally too but it's costly)

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Just heard from the guy I buy diecast off that the car will be produced in 1:24 scale in Standard, Elite (more detailed), and colour chrome finish, as well as in 1:64 scale

EDIT: If you're in the US, you can pre-order here: https://www.lionelracing.com/drivername/Erik-Jones (I believe they ship internationally too but it's costly)

Cool.  I'll be getting the 10.99 car though. :lol:  I almost said are you fucking shitting me when I saw those first prices.  Got cut off mid sentence.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

Cool.  I'll be getting the 10.99 car though. :lol:  I almost said are you fucking shitting me when I saw those first prices.  Got cut off mid sentence.

I've already ordered a big and a little one – it's finding where to put them in my collection that's the bigger issue right now 😂

24 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

I've already ordered a big and a little one – it's finding where to put them in my collection that's the bigger issue right now 😂

I didn't see where they said when the preorders where expected.  I got the cheap one for my grandson.  He's going to play with it.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

I didn't see where they said when the preorders where expected.  I got the cheap one for my grandson.  He's going to play with it.  :lol:

That'll be something of a moving target. But for reference, I had a car delivered today from a race from May 29 last year – so that'll give you a rough idea of the turnaround time

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

That'll be something of a moving target. But for reference, I had a car delivered today from a race from May 29 last year – so that'll give you a rough idea of the turnaround time

In the other thread under merch, that one says November.  I'm starting my Christmas shopping early. :lol:

And I got a t-shirt.  Okay, stop selling me shit.  :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1