Nascar car sponsored by GNR

2 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Was just going to say this. NASCAR sponsorships aren’t cheap.

They had a “GNR X Legacy Motor Club” thing at the end, almost like they’re collabing on a merch line. So maybe money is passed around through a merch deal or something. Dumb if it’s gonna be merch

24 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

They had a “GNR X Legacy Motor Club” thing at the end, almost like they’re collabing on a merch line. So maybe money is passed around through a merch deal or something. Dumb if it’s gonna be merch

Nah, that's just the team's style for this sort of thing. They did the same with other backers. For example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoC8CzIMhag/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I can’t see them spending the money to do this without having something to promote

If it's anything it's related to touring.

If it was new music then they would have used a snippet of new music to accompany the video.

It's likely something that they just decided to do, I think they all like cars so it's not that far out.

'Legacy' is the key word here. Legacy act. Not pushing any boundaries, but this is definitely hitting a big section of their American fanbase so I see the connection.

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

'Legacy' is the key word here. Legacy act. Not pushing any boundaries, but this is definitely hitting a big section of their American fanbase so I see the connection.

Legacy Motor Club is the name of the established team, there's no connection 😂 

Edited by DoMw94

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Legacy Motor Club is the name of the established team, there's no connection 😂 

Yeah I can read:facepalm: there's an obvious connection actually. Legacy brand wanting a legacy brand endorsement. Otherwise they'd have reached out to some unknown band to slap their logo over their car, because that would make so much business sense🤣 

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Should've had Slash design the car, that's a bit bland.

Need to do some digging though, would love to know how this came off

That would've been really cool, or have Adrian Buhler involved.

I was obsessed with NASCAR when I was growing up; I don't follow it that closely anymore but I guess I'll be watching this weekend. If I had followed my dream of being a NASCAR driver then this is the car I would want to drive haha.

3 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Of course it's gonna be merch. Nobody here should be surprised if GNR's next announcement is "Get your official GNR x NASCAR transport truck at gnrmerch.com" :lol:

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would've been really cool, or have Adrian Buhler involved.

I was obsessed with NASCAR when I was growing up; I don't follow it that closely anymore but I guess I'll be watching this weekend. If I had followed my dream of being a NASCAR driver then this is the car I would want to drive haha.

I think the car will run well and get a decent amount of TV time. 

Erik Jones is a solid driver, has had some good results on superspeedways and LMC is a team on the rise. A top-10 is definitely likely.

Personally, I'm torn. I want the GN'R car to do well, but someone I know through work is driving in the race too so naturally I'm already pulling for him 😂