Nascar car sponsored by GNR

I used to be a huge nascar fan but I don’t watch it much anymore. I always love to watch Daytona though, and I can’t wait to watch this car! I’d love to see it make it to the finish- there are so many big wrecks at Daytona that finishing 500 miles is a major accomplishment in itself really… It’s also awesome that they are on King Richard’s old 43…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grouse said:

You do realise that hardly anyone outside of the united states even bats an eyelid at the aforementioned sports. You my good man are presenting a very US centric view here.

HA! 😂 I'm English for a start, not American, and I live in the UK. I've also been working in motorsport for several years (part of that involved covering NASCAR in the past). I kinda know what I'm talking about 🤷‍♂️

Motorsport is niché in the grand scheme of things no matter what series it is, but behind F1, NASCAR probably the most watched disclipine out there when everything is factored in

• Like 1

I have a theory of what will happen. A third of the way into the race, the car's wrap will fly off, revealing a similar wrap, but in the 2006 GN'R logo style. Then 2/3 of the way into the race, that wrap will fall off, revealing the 2002 GN'R logo, and this represents the new album will be 1/3 tracks from 2002-2004, as they existed then with Buckethead and Robin, and 1/3 as they existed in 2006, with Bumblefoot and Frank (surprisingly, on the former) on some songs, and the other third of the new album is CD-era tunes touched up or re-recorded by Slash and Duff. 

53 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

One thing is clear to me at least, Guns N’ Roses didn’t spend USD 500k to add livery to a car in the Nascar 500 without good reason. Please feel free to correct me on how much this might be costing.

You're in the right ballpark. The numbers never officially get released unless it's a public company/party sponsoring, or if there's a lawsuit. But based on the information out there regarding other one-race deals, the level of the team, and a premium for it being a popular race, $500k won't be a million miles off. It might be less, it's unlikely to be more though

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 7:00 PM, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I can’t see them spending the money to do this without having something to promote

I can. This is GNR.

21 hours ago, Swedish said:

I'm not saying this NASCAR thing will lead to anything, I've given up hope on that years ago... But sponsoring a car in a NASCAR Cup Race costs several hundred thousand dollars, and I would assume that price would be even higher for Daytona 500.

Why would they waste that amount without something to promote? It would be idiotic. Which, well wouldn't be the first time they had idiotic promotion campaigns.

For literally ANY other band in the world I would agree lmao

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Erik Jones qualified #14. Hopefully that signifies the number of days until a new single is released (and not months or years).

Not quite 😉 Positions 3-40 are decided by a pair of short races later today, so we don't know where the GN'R car has qualified yet

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

There's a guy on reddit saying that he is working with one of the venues where the tour will be stopping and that there will be a tour announcement on Monday, with 21 dates (17 US, 4 Canada) early August - mid October

Can you show us?

4 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Not quite 😉 Positions 3-40 are decided by a pair of short races later today, so we don't know where the GN'R car has qualified yet

First race has just started, the 43 is in this one.