Nascar car sponsored by GNR

11 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So err, this stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea, what with me not being American etc., but did they just have a major time spot on tv, advertise a tour and their website, yet didn't update anything on the said website before that crucial moment? Who is managing this band again? Why am I still surprised? 

I think it'll be updated tomorrow when they announce the individual dates.

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah I can't figure this one out....

Run an expensive TV ad advertising a tour.....then not having the tour dates ready seems, well, ABSURD! 

Would have been a nice opportunity to also feature a 20-second snippet of new music during the commercial as well. That's GNR for ya.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Would have been a nice opportunity to also feature a 20-second snippet of new music during the commercial as well. That's GNR for ya.

Not to advertise a tour. You want songs people know that will make them perk up and look at the television.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw the car racing. Very cool. Not a race car fan at all. Boring to me.

Anyway, was GNR there? Was anything important said or done?

That GNR car was cool on that track, right? Liked it too. Too bad we couldn't see it racing after sunset. It might've looked great.

No one from GNR was there, as far as I'm aware.

just a commercial of the 2023 tour was aired and since then all of their medias (or the ones connected with the band) started teasing it more. It is very probable it will be announced tommorow.

14 minutes ago, K00b4 said:

Quella macchina GNR era fantastica su quella pista, giusto? Mi è piaciuto anche. Peccato che non siamo riusciti a vederlo correre dopo il tramonto. Potrebbe essere fantastico.

Non c'era nessuno dei GNR, per quanto ne so.

è andata in onda solo una pubblicità del tour del 2023 e da allora tutti i loro media (o quelli legati alla band) hanno iniziato a stuzzicarla di più. È molto probabile che sarà annunciato domani.

https://instagram.com/stories/duffmckagan/3041950993045977905?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I think Duff was there

8 hours ago, cineater said:

Eric is still showing the GNR logo under his next race.  Maybe this wasn't a one time sponsorship. :)

I think it's around $100k per race to be the primary sponsor.  There's probably decent overlap between NASCAR fans and GNR fans.  Plus it seems that Clint Bowyer (former driver current announcer on Fox) is a GNR fan so he mentions the car several times giving them extra exposure for free.

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Erik is still showing the GNR logo under his next race.  Maybe this wasn't a one time sponsorship. :)

Allegiant is his primary sponsor for this weekend

4 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I think it's around $100k per race to be the primary sponsor. 

Definitely more than that for the level of coverage they got. $200-$300k easily – more than likely the higher end of that spectrum.

19 hours ago, K00b4 said:

Too bad we couldn't see it racing after sunset. It might've looked great.

We got to see it race under the lights on Thursday at least

Guns-N-Roses-Daytona-500-NASCAR.jpg

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 2