07/08/23 - Rome, IT - Circo Massimo

downzy

1 hour ago, riot said:

Just tell me why a band would benefit from not promoting every member now and then?!

I know this is a legacy act, but still. Even out of respect for dizzy or ritchard

Nah. You tell me how they would. GNR is Axl/Slash/Duff. The machine is going regardless of who else stands on the stage next to them. There is nothing to be gained from making a fuss about who the people next to them are. They get their shout out during band introductions. That should be enough.

15 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

At this point aren’t they the longest tenured lineup of GNR?

And still they contributed nothing to what makes/made GNR great. So that's irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

At this point they know the gig. The only person I really feel bad for is Dizzy. He was around since UYI and worked on those albums. I know he wasn’t one of the most prominent members but he was still there. Not to mention writing a few CD songs. Kinda sucks he’s relegated to touring member status.

Exactly, same opinion here

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

At this point they know the gig. The only person I really feel bad for is Dizzy. He was around since UYI and worked on those albums. I know he wasn’t one of the most prominent members but he was still there. Not to mention writing a few CD songs. Kinda sucks he’s relegated to touring member status.

Does it suck though? He's toured the world how many times, made infinite more money than he could've ever dreamed of. If anything he should laugh himself to sleep each night. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Also conga player extraordinaire.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Nobody is touring member status.

Everyone is a member of the band.  Nobody outside of the original 5 is ever going to gain any kind of ownership of Guns n Roses.  It's too big of an IP.

Just like how Robert and Jason had no ownership over Metallica and are just hired into the band.

37 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Dizzy will never escape the fact that his involvement, along with the departure/firing of Steven Adler, will forever be associated with the dissolution of the Appetite line up and their classic no-nonsense rock era. He is not, nor ever will be, an original member.

Also, no matter how hard axl tried, GNR have never once been a ‘keyboard’ band. To the casual listener, their only truly signature ‘piano’ song was November Rain, and that piano part was performed by Axl. Of all the musicians I’ve ever met, not one pianist/keyboardist has ever cited Dizzy Reed as an influence. He’s hardly a Jon Lord/Richard Wright/Rick Wakeman. Other than a few intros (which most casuals assume Axl is playing), he’s resigned to bongos and some cut and paste honky tonk on outros. 

Lastly, to me, Dizzy’s tenure in GNR, and his status as ‘longest serving instrumentalist’ doesn’t make me think ‘loyal’… it makes me think he’s a simp, and has toadied to Axl to maintain his position. Literally every single other member at some point or another has drawn the line and left due to Axl’s conduct, except him. 

• Like 2