07/03/23 - Frankfurt, DE - Deutsche Bank Park

downzy

16 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

At Knockin' On Heaven's Door Axl Rose jocked about the big lettering "FRANKFURT" which are painted on the chairs on side grandstand

The letters "FRANK..." were covered by the crowd. The letters "...RT" were coverd by the stage sidescreens. Axl saw a big FU on the side.... Fuck You :-D

16 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Yeah he said that is what he will see if he goes to Heaven.

2023_214.jpg

Axl: So, what I was trying to point out to the band - and I didn't realize they couldn't see it from where they are at unless they're out here - was that, if I get to heaven, I pretty much think those are the two letters I'm gonna see: F-U. That's pretty much it, up there: "Fuck you!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExHQBx3Ttc

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I would say Fortus’s comment pretty much means we’re not getting new music this year.

Would agree with that. Yes he likes the tounge in cheek humour, but, Perhaps he knows there's no new songs coming, or, Perhaps he  knows as much as the janitor.

Anyway, hope they release OMG one day. Didn't they have it on the previous setlist years ago but never played it? Perhaps that could be the fate of the current new song being played during the warm ups? 

Edited by jimisbatman

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

What he said? I justo love the idea of bring Get in The Ring 

Axl: We have been accused of being misogynistic. But see, the song was based on an event where *the guy* was tied to the fucking (?). Not the girl, the guy. That just didn't look so good for us to sing about at the time (laughs) ... But writers... they know everything, right? (laughs)

(I have also posted it in the thread about the review. Couldn't make out  what he said about where the guy was tied to)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl: We have been accused of being misogynistic. But see, the song was based on an event where *the guy* was tied to the fucking (?). Not the girl, the guy. That just didn't look so good for us to sing about at the time (laughs) ... But writers... they know everything, right? (laughs)

(I have also posted it in the thread about the review. Couldn't make out  what he said about where the guy was tied to)

"Tied to the fucking ceiling." :lol:

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

To the fans that also went to the show:

Do you remember what Axl was referring to when he said "Axl is your friend" ? I think it was before Nightrain and he was talking to a fan I think??:)

He told them to cover their ears because it's gonna be loud (the horn thingy)

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 7:20 AM, SoulMonster said:

I don't think releasing a new single will move the needle when it comes to selling tickets. The majority of those attending shows aren't interested in new music. Media won't make much fuzz about it. So I don't think that's the band's thinking. They will release it whenever Axl wants to release it for whatever cryptic reason. It could be released today, it could be released in a week, it could be released one week after the tour, it could be released in 2031. There is no rhyme or reason.

Totally agree but we need convince them that it'll make a difference releasing a single!!  😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ceiling he said ceiling 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Ugh. No Locomotive for this show.

but at least no Witchita and Seeker(didnt check past setlist of this tour).

German crowds(at least those around me) dont sing or rock n roll much except on November Rain, Patience and some choruses.

I was the only one singing Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up even.

Yeah the crowd was very tame me and a guy right in front of me were the only ones jumping. I asked Richard Sunday on Facebook to play Locomotive but it didn't matter... Wichita was not missed here haha. I had some strange eyes on me when I was screaming the lyrics to absurd from an older lady next to me lol.