06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

23 minutes ago, sploit said:

I had kinda hoped yeah. Haha.

That being said, they played 8 tracks from the GN'R back catalogue that I had never saw them play live before: Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Hard Skool, Absurd, Down on the Farm, Reckless Life, Shadow of Your Love, Anything Goes.

Pretty Tied Up is one of my favourite UYI tracks so to see that livr was amazing. Also amazing to hear Hard Skool and Absurd too.

Plus they did Slither and the covers of AC/DC - Walk All Over You and Glenn Campbell - Wichita Lineman. None of which I'd seen before.

This was my first time seeing GNR so it was just amazing to hear them all getting played live. Love PTU as well. PTU , Bad Obsession Reckless life , SOYL and Anything Goes were the ones I was hoping they’d play. Locomotive was the only other song I’d have like to have seen. It was a good night. 

• Like 1

I mean, what is Slash doing with the Estranged solos? They don’t sound anything like they’re supposed to, and they’re up there with his best and most iconic work and so deserve to be note for note representations every night. And it’s arguably their best song.

• Like 1

Pretty Tied Up... some great audience interaction from Axl... a golf clap! 👏

However, what's now becoming the norm; Slash nonchalantly going through the motions and fucking up another well crafted solo that suited the song by trying to shove in as many twiddly notes as possible.

7 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

I mean, what is Slash doing with the Estranged solos? They don’t sound anything like they’re supposed to, and they’re up there with his best and most iconic work and so deserve to be note for note representations every night. And it’s arguably their best song.

Noodle doodle came to town :lol:

Just kidding, Slash is a beast on the strings. But I get what you’re saying. Why improvise if it’s not needed?

edit - maybe Slash is so pissed off with not being able to play anything new he’s tinkering with the old?

Edited by gavgnr

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

New Perhaps at the soundcheck sounds cool actually. Pretty similar apart from Slash's little riff at the end of each bar. 

Wonder if we'll get a 'drum arrangement by Josh Freese' credit haha. 

Solo isn't as good as Robins though, sadly. 

I like Perhaps, it's a great short and sweet poppy glam number. 

Big fan of Perhaps.  Hope the eventual song releases aren't brickwalled to hell as A & HS are, but why would they be any different, one can but hope. 

20 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

This was my first time seeing GNR so it was just amazing to hear them all getting played live. Love PTU as well. PTU , Bad Obsession Reckless life , SOYL and Anything Goes were the ones I was hoping they’d play. Locomotive was the only other song I’d have like to have seen. It was a good night. 

It really was a good night.

Locomotive would've been cool. And There Was A Time too.

Can't complain though, they were superb.

They never disappoint. 😁

• Like 2

Oh dear I have really tried to appreciate Axl's voice but  sorry I cant.  If a new singer came on to the scene and sang like this would you like him or is about loyalty to Axl.  Back then he roared like a lion now he squeaks like a mouse, but I am glad he is happy and enjoying himself and that folk still want to see them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Oh dear I have really tried to appreciate Axl's voice but  sorry I cant.  If a new singer came on to the scene and sang like this would you like him or is about loyalty to Axl.  Back then he roared like a lion now he squeaks like a mouse, but I am glad he is happy and enjoying himself and that folk still want to see them.

Remember we're complaining about slash not playing solos note for note now. We don't talk about axls voice 

Honestly though I don't hear a major change in axls voice he still has the same kind of power he used to and he's trying to sing more clean with some rasp during special occasions which is smart because otherwise he'll keep having vocal blow outs 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

Last night was my 6th time seeing Guns and the 3rd since the reunion in 2016.

Here is my honest review of last night. The place was full and probably sold out, there were a lot of casual fans in attendance.

The crowd were quite quiet for the first 4 or 5 songs (hence Axls golf clap quote), the crowd picked up once Jungle was played and they stayed loud for a while. 

Duff's solo went down well as did Absurd and other songs around this point. The 2nd part of Rocket Queen was enjoyed by all.

The slash solo was brilliant and the crowd agreed with this, scom probably got the biggest cheer of the night and November Rain which followed was not far behind this.

Axl and the band had the crowd in the palm of their hands by this point but they f***ed up here, Wichita Lineman killed the atmosphere which had been created and the Acdc cover did not help either (don't cry and another guns song should have been played instead). 

Come the encore a lot of fans were starting to leave, this was not due to the band, this was due to the sh*t public transport system in Scotland (another thing we have the useless nationalist government to thank).

Two of the last three songs went down well (we can guess which song didn't).

I would say most if not all went away happy after 3 good hours.

Conclusion

The band sounded amazing, Fortus is a really good guitar player but most of the crowd would agree that slash was the star of the show.

I have never posted on here about Axls voice but here is my opinion, for 80 minutes it was brilliant but got slightly weaker as the show went on.

Of the 3 shows I attended (night 2 Olympic stadium, donnington and last night) this was the best that axl and the band sounded.

I enjoyed last night but I still think there has to be room for a song like Don't Cry.

There has been plenty of room for DC for 7 years but of late they seem to have dropped it (only once this tour) maybe tired of it for now....shame.