06/05/23 - Tel Aviv, IL - Hayarkon Park

downzy

34 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

There's pitch effects that drop tune your guitar that a lot of bands are now using. The the string says but you get the beautiful C# tuning. I have it on my QC pedal and it sounds absolutely incredible up and down the neck. That's a great get around for lazy old boys that don't want to learn new tricks.

Youtube has few videos

Awesome, yeah the neural DSP stuff is good. The distortions are a bit metal/hi-gain for my taste but definitely great gear. I’ve had a go at one of the darkglass pedals, and some of the software/plug ins. Had the pleasure of meeting Nolly Getgood in RealWorld studios recently.. we actually briefly talked about his ‘archetype’ stuff.. not in any great detail, I’m not particularly well versed in the art of Djenting and such. But I got the impression he knew what he was on about! Nice fellar. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So was he not sounding good tonight? 

I try not to watch the videos, so just wondering what people who have thought - seems to be a bit of criticism? 

Not sure, the internet connection was very poor, so I don't think most People have seen a lot?

I read TIL was bad, but to me it always is.

My friend who was there, said it was very good, so she's happy :shrugs:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

dog-doggo.gif

🤣

Don’t be fooled, yes I know some musical theory but I cannot use a washing machine.

also struggle with my left from right sometimes…

I would love to hear the Duff bass intro to PTU live! Jealous of those going to Hyde Park.. the sound is always great there. They’ve been doing it for many years and have it DOWN. 

6 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Blow, blow me out, I am so sad, I don’t know why…

Axl probably saw the comparison after multiple people pointed it out and thought "ah shite..."

Subsequently removed from the set and ordered Saul to write a different sounding part for it.

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Shackler's Revenge is in Drop C 

That's one song mate. My world is one song, should there sound be based off that?

I don't know why your all moaning. It's two shows in to the tour and the setlist is the best for years

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

There's nothing really for people to complain about setlist wise. It's only the second show, the first show had the most changes since 2009, the most radical set change in 14 years. We also know there's plenty of others like TWAT and Madagascar, Sorry and so on they can rotate in. And we know they have rehearsed Perhaps. What's the complaints all about!?

I think sometimes people forget they literally only have 5 albums to work with ... Certain songs will never be played live again (OIAM .. Riad .. etc) others that were never played live so obviously wont be played now (DDM .. Shotgun) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me, the key has become one of managing my expectations.  I appreciate the setlist shake-up and Axl's apparent preparation for the tour.  Once they add Coma/Locomotive and the inevitable new song (Perhaps), I'll actually look forward to seeing the show.  More enthusiastic than excited, though.  For better or worse, I have gained increased appreciation for the band remaining genuine and authentic with their live performances, unlike many peers who frequently rely on prerecorded enhancement to augment their sound these days.  And I respect the effort - I don't believe it's possible to mail in a 3+ hour performance.

• Like 3

So basically people are pissed that the same setlist was played in the same order when it wasn't, songs like Estranged were moved around completley.

People are pissed that Perhaps was not played even though axl struggled and if they had played it and he struggled the the same people who would have bitched and moaned that he sounded bad on it.

and the people who love to go "OMG ISE is the first song I'M DYING laughing!" at abu dahbi because you feel there will be no changes drop back in to gloat that Perhaps was not played., as if they have scored some fucking victory.

on the flip side of that anyone who vaugely critisises anything in this fanbase is dismissed as a fuckin troll because there is no middle ground.

I give up

Fucking ban me

do it, or ill just just start leaking shit you undiluted shour of cunts.

20 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I think sometimes people forget they literally only have 5 albums to work with ... Certain songs will never be played live again (OIAM .. Riad .. etc) others that were never played live so obviously wont be played now (DDM .. Shotgun) 

Dust n bones

You ain’t the first

The garden

Bad Apples

Breakdown 

So fine

If they added those.. that pretty much sums the lot up with what they have played over the past 7 years. Other than some CD songs they haven’t touched there really isn’t much more they can do. (I also left a few out that Axl could absolutely not handle nowadays) 

Edited by D4NNY

4 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

DDM

I like Don't Damn Me but that song would have probably been impossible for Axl to sing even back when it was released, there are so many long stretches without breaks or pauses.

• Like 1

Just now, Amir said:

I like Don't Damn Me but that song would have probably been impossible for Axl to sing even back when it was released, there are so many long stretches without breaks or pauses.

True but I was more thinking it’s a lower song especially during the verses.. but fair point in terms of the long stretches, it would be a bastard for him in terms of being out of breath. I retract it from my list 😅 

10 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Dust n bones

You ain’t the first

The garden

DDM

Bad Apples

Breakdown 

So fine

If they added those.. that pretty much sums the lot up with what they have played over the past 7 years. Other than some CD songs they haven’t touched there really isn’t much more they can do. (I also left a few out that Axl could absolutely not handle nowadays) 

The last 3 are being rehearsed.

1 minute ago, gabmmor said:

The last 3 are being rehearsed.

I saw an old image of a setlist showing Breakdown but not on the current setlist image we have seen? Would be great if they could throw them in at some point! Maybe 2025 world tour 😂

57 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

So basically people are pissed that the same setlist was played in the same order when it wasn't, songs like Estranged were moved around completley.

Erm yeah not exactly sure why there's whinging about the order of the set. The first six songs, Nightrain before the encore and Paradise City closing were basically the only things kept exactly the same. Pretty much every other song was shuffled around. 

Seems more like people just see they're playing most of the same songs as the last show and have a sook 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Awesome, yeah the neural DSP stuff is good. The distortions are a bit metal/hi-gain for my taste but definitely great gear. I’ve had a go at one of the darkglass pedals, and some of the software/plug ins. Had the pleasure of meeting Nolly Getgood in RealWorld studios recently.. we actually briefly talked about his ‘archetype’ stuff.. not in any great detail, I’m not particularly well versed in the art of Djenting and such. But I got the impression he knew what he was on about! Nice fellar. 

Spoiled time for guitar players😄 still not selling my tube amps though! And I can't djent to save my life the tones are all very, very non metal 😄