06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

24 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Or is it that the young are using Spotify more, and there taste, hence streaming, and the dad rock listners listen to cds/mp3s. Playing devil's advocate here.

Can confirm as a dad rock listener I download everything to my phone to save listening to the adverts on Spotify.

Edited by aliexpress
More context
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I think the set needs to be on the shorter side, they really can't get away with Coma, locomotive tonight and keep the crowd. 

This is what I thought

Set: 

ise

bad obsession 

lald

brownstone

Chinese democracy 

jungle 

don’t cry 

Out ta get me

down on the farm 

soyl

civil war 

you’re crazy 

scom 

nice boys 

november rain 

anything goes/reckless life 

back in black (with AC/DC) 

kohd 

nightrain 

encore 

Patience (Maybe with P!nk?)

the seeker (with guest?) 

paradise city 

High points of the show will probs be: WTTJ, LALD, KOHD, SCOM, PC

They need to keep the hits consistent in the set. 

If they can fit in madagascar and hardskool that'd be cool. But I think quality over quantity should be the mantra tonight.

Also I hope Axl brings back the  bandana for this show, it's iconic

Yea I was thinking Pink or some female star like Carrie (although not her, she's busy). That would be a good idea and get some good press, considering the moaning of "not enough female representation this year! - Apparently Guns took Swifts place anyways.

I echo all your points and certainly wouldn't be against shorter if better quality....Yes! Bandana needs to make a comeback at some point....

I think because of the media "intrusion" of this show is gonna be gigantic in the UK...we've gotta be ready for all the GNR are out of date and misogynistic, with full prints of lots of lyrics and saying how this is "innapproriate" in 2023 and also used as argument on the lack of woman debate. Let's face it, as soon as he starts Easy and stuff like Pretty Tied Up and pointing to his crotch, there's gonna be a backlash...that he's promoting sexual assaults and all kindas random shit! Chill press. It's just a song. So they better sound good otherwise, the press will resort to rippin them to shreds In multiple articles....still if they drop a decent single, bad press is still awareness and clicks, so might do them a favour to be "controversial" again....It's gonna be so weird to have a band we love suddenly come to the mainstream again tonight...there's gonna be lot of people seeing them tonight that long forgot they existed! 😂

Edited by colonizedmind

If they play the "hits" and have a cool guest, they'll basically get away with whatever else they do, as they'll be enough for a highlight reel to remember their slot for...

Most artists seem to play their new stuff too...like AM last night. Elton won't though and GNR somewhere in-between would be nice....but stick a well known track in ever 3,4 songs and we'll hopefully be ok. I hope the sound engineer has a secret rasp button he accidentally switches on tonight....maybe that's what they were developing in the Norway studio 😆

23 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea I was thinking Pink or some female star like Carrie (although not her, she's busy). That would be a good idea and get some good press, considering the moaning of "not enough female representation this year! - Apparently Guns took Swifts place anyways.

I echo all your points and certainly wouldn't be against shorter if better quality....Yes! Bandana needs to make a comeback at some point....

I think because of the media "intrusion" of this show is gonna be gigantic in the UK...we've gotta be ready for all the GNR are out of date and misogynistic, with full prints of lots of lyrics and saying how this is "innapproriate" in 2023 and also used as argument on the lack of woman debate. Let's face it, as soon as he starts Easy and stuff like Pretty Tied Up and pointing to his crotch, there's gonna be a backlash...that he's promoting sexual assaults and all kindas random shit! Chill press. It's just a song. So they better sound good otherwise, the press will resort to rippin them to shreds In multiple articles....still if they drop a decent single, bad press is still awareness and clicks, so might do them a favour to be "controversial" again....It's gonna be so weird to have a band we love suddenly come to the mainstream again tonight...there's gonna be lot of people seeing them tonight that long forgot they existed! 😂

They may be joined on stage by The Churn-ups for ISE.

• Like 1

Enjoy how people are painting this show up to be like some Rocky VS Apollo Creed event. With GnR as some underdog, after doing their highly successful reunion-tour for 7 years,

Don't remember people being this worried for Noel Gallagher last year or a new band like Wet Leg. But for Guns N Roses this is the one defining moment of their career. Hehe.

• Like 3

Part of me thinks Axl should ‘push the boat out’ and give it maximum attempt at rasp etc as the potential for great PR from this is off the charts. Glastonbury is not my thing….at all….however it he media exposure you get is like nothing else. A solid SCOM/NR/WTTJ/PC would do wonders. For some reason I can see some special guests throughout….dunno who but Grohl/Elton isn’t far fetched.

My fear is he DOES do that and knackers his voice….and I’m seeing them on Tuesday in Glasgow (3 years in the making). 🤣

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I do wonder how much of the "poor" (maybe there's 10 tickets left, maybe there's 10,000 idk) are from the ridiculous prices GNR are asking.

But TBH all other hyde park shows have sold out, but are mostly from acts that have been away for a few years. GNR did 2 stadium shows last year!

Oh yeah, the prices are insane. I've no idea who can afford those sorts of prices for a concert, especially the way things are going financially in the UK. Mystery to me! 

3 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Enjoy how people are painting this show up to be like some Rocky VS Apollo Creed event. With GnR as some underdog, after doing their highly successful reunion-tour for 7 years,

Don't remember people being this worried for Noel Gallagher last year or a new band like Wet Leg. But for Guns N Roses this is the one defining moment of their career. Hehe.

It’s more the fact that the lazy perception/journalism in UK rolls out the age old tropes of ‘will they be on time…..will Axl have a rant’ etc which is annoying. A great performance to shut them up would be awesome.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Maybe because this is a GNR forum, and we have way more interest in GNR than those other acts? 

Speaking for myself I definitely feel invested after all the years and years of following the band through thick and thin.

I want to see them do well tonight and know they could also blow it. I think that's probably the case with many of us here. 

7 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

This is a big moment. Noel and Wet Leg don’t have the issues that Axl has with his voice, nor were they headlining the Pyramid Stage last year.

Having watched Madrid this morning, they started really well and Axl’s voice was okay until around the middle. Tight set list and Axl doing okay on the big hits like SCOM and hopefully they’ll be okay. They’ll certainly bring more energy than AM.

6 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

It's a lot of publicity for a band people love to hate. Honestly basically my entire friend group hates Axl though they can't help but jam if along if I play a Guns song. Managed to change one of their minds by taking him to Slane lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Part of me thinks Axl should ‘push the boat out’ and give it maximum attempt at rasp etc as the potential for great PR from this is off the charts. Glastonbury is not my thing….at all….however it he media exposure you get is like nothing else. A solid SCOM/NR/WTTJ/PC would do wonders. For some reason I can see some special guests throughout….dunno who but Grohl/Elton isn’t far fetched.

My fear is he DOES do that and knackers his voice….and I’m seeing them on Tuesday in Glasgow (3 years in the making). 🤣

I feel your anxiety....but why not look at it this way...does a good show, gets half decent reviews, releases new single....goes into Glasgow on a high and continued energy and vigour....that could happen too! He can push it tonight without going crazy..there will be stuff that won't sound great tonight but if the start and some of the rest if decent, we can be fairly satisfied, I think! A full Kiss set does NOT sound good. A full Motley set does NOT sound good....a full Brian Johnson AC/DC set does NOT sound good...we could go on...

14 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Kind of,

Liam Gallagher's 2017 Reading and Leeds set helped to cement his comeback to a new audience

For the UK acts that play the festival scene a lot it kind of blends into the background. 

For GNR I doubt they will ever have this level of exposure (at least mainstream exposure) again

If it goes well this could be their Queen live aid moment/The Dirt for Motley Crue 

Just now, allwaystired said:

And me! My CDs get uploaded to ITunes for when I'm out and about. Works for me and I have fuck all interest in changing it! 

I put my fantasy set list up a few posts back and heard a few others. I'd be interested in what you would want to hear from tonight....it can realistic with a stab of dreams If you wish 🙂

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

Wow, wow wow, I would not have known how big AM, or relevant they were had that state not been posted.

Or is it that the young are using Spotify more, and there taste, hence streaming, and the dad rock listners listen to cds/mp3s. Playing devil's advocate here.

I knew AM had some good songs, but didn't think they were that popular. Wow. And or, I know gnr are now legacy act, but are they becoming irrelevant w/ no new music? 

I think so. Spotify is all my kids go to app.

I've been considering getting it but like the other oldies here I have a lot of what I like downloaded, on CD or I listen to radio.

I did use the free (with Prime) Amazon music a fair bit but they've made it unbearable to use now unless you sign up to the monthly fee. This fucked me off so much if I do sign up to an app it will probably be Spotify.

• Like 1