Katarina's Benzova absence

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

The main gripe is obviously the copyright issue. 

Any Americans clued up on copyright law and read GNRs case? Who actually owns the right to the images.

I don't know enough about it in the US. I did work for a company a few years ago here in the UK who tried to find a photographer who would allow them to own the images the photographer shot. I know they struggled and I'm not sure if they did find someone. Generally the photographer wants to retain copyright (and possibly it's their legal right here in the UK?)

8 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

But what if Axls sense of loyalty kicks in, as he obviously views him as close family.

Probably what happens in sport or government. You get sent to the naughty step back bench for a bit. When everything has cooled off  and is yesterday's news you get brought back in a new position with a new job title and salary.

3 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

On the one hand, yes, that's what I am fearing as well, on the other hand, like I said before, German band Rammstein faced equally heavy, if not even heavier allegations and they keep on touring and functioning as a band as if all this never happened. 

This case has been something completely different. Lindemann was suspected of drug- and sexual crimes. None of this could be proven. There has been no evidence of sexual acts against the will of women, no evidence of drugging them before and no evidence of having misused his position against underage sexual partners. According to the public prosecutor's office, the information given by witnesses in the press reports was not confirmed by the investigation. Possible victims had not contacted the law enforcement authorities, but only - even after the investigation became known - to the media. However, the journalists invoked their right to refuse to testify. The whole thing was very strange.

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't know enough about it in the US. I did work for a company a few years ago here in the UK who tried to find a photographer who would allow them to own the images the photographer shot. I know they struggled and I'm not sure if they did find someone. Generally the photographer wants to retain copyright (and possibly it's their legal right here in the UK?)

So obviously they picked a young girl from the crowd and their favourite yes man to be there photographers who would willingly sign.

Axl will back Fernando, assuredly. This is because Fernando will tell him it's all lies, lies, horrible lies. And Axl will buy that, because he feels he can relate.

They should livestream the trial, so we could hear how the management is shown to be piss-poor in a court of law.

"Y'r honor. we shall present some forum posts as exhibits..."

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

The main gripe is obviously the copyright issue. 

Any Americans clued up on copyright law and read GNRs case? Who actually owns the right to the images.

It would depend entirely on the contract. If you're on a salary and have signed a contract stating the work you do is owned by the employer when you're under that contract, then it would be GNR that owned it. 

If you're a freelancer who is around, under no contract, taking pictures for whatever reason then you own the copyright. The band giving 'permission' for those photos to be taken has no bearing on the copyright. 

On paper this would be a pretty simple one to sort out really- if there is paperwork saying she was employed by the band, and that contract stated any work she undertook was theirs  then it is. If there is no contract stating that then it's hers. 

This honestly sounds to me like the haphazard, bizarre and often unprofessional way that the GNR business operates has come back on them. 

It's absolutely crazy that a band would take a photographer on tour and not have things like the copyright issues absolutely nailed down.....but I bet that's what happened. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

So obviously they picked a young girl from the crowd and their favourite yes man to be there photographers who would willingly sign.

I think it's a bit of a conundrum with commercial type shoots because the customer doesn't want the photos used for stuff they don't approve of and neither does the photographer. I imagine contracts can be drawn up around exclusive use but ultimately the photographer remains the copyright holder.

Someone who actually knows what they are talking about might be along shortly to clue us in.

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think it's a bit of a conundrum with commercial type shoots because the customer doesn't want the photos used for stuff they don't approve of and neither does the photographer. I imagine contracts can be drawn up around exclusive use but ultimately the photographer remains the copyright holder.

Someone who actually knows what they are talking about might be along shortly to clue us in.

https://www.docdroid.net/ecAH9bW/20231024-lawsuit-gundam-touring-services-us-llc-v-benzova-pdf

GNR arguing they own everything. Or specifically Waterhead. 

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It would depend entirely on the contract. If you're on a salary and have signed a contract stating the work you do is owned by the employer when you're under that contract, then it would be GNR that owned it. 

If you're a freelancer who is around, under no contract, taking pictures for whatever reason then you own the copyright. The band giving 'permission' for those photos to be taken has no bearing on the copyright. 

On paper this would be a pretty simple one to sort out really- if there is paperwork saying she was employed by the band, and that contract stated any work she undertook was theirs  then it is. If there is no contract stating that then it's hers. 

This honestly sounds to me like the haphazard, bizarre and often unprofessional way that the GNR business operates has come back on them. 

It's absolutely crazy that a band would take a photographer on tour and not have things like the copyright issues absolutely nailed down.....but I bet that's what happened. 

Could be that or she and her legal team are looking for an easy money. They know there is no case, but they also know Team Brazil don't want no hassle, so there's a 50/50 shot of them going "Okay take some money and shut up! My boss is sleeping!".

23 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It sure gonna be interesting how this situation is being dealt with by Axl, Slash and Duff.

Is it even possible they didn't know about this since years? 

To be honest, I get the impression that Slash and Duff just rock up for sound checks and shows. Slash only seems to be close to Duff and probably a bit friendly with Richard. 

I doubt he ever spent a great deal of time with Kat or Fernando so quite possibly doesn’t know anything about that.  Will be interesting to see how they all respond though. Probably silence until the legal stuff is solved 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

They might I guess. I don't know what the legal position is around this stuff in America.

It's the same as the UK pretty much. 

Unless they can explicitly prove she signed a contract that states the copyright on her work is GNRs, then it's hers. 

From the way their legal response is sounding, they seem confident they can do that. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

To be honest, I get the impression that Slash and Duff just rock up for sound checks and shows. Slash only seems to be close to Duff and probably a bit friendly with Richard. 

I doubt he ever spent a great deal of time with Kat or Fernando so quite possibly doesn’t know anything about that.  Will be interesting to see how they all respond though. Probably silence until the legal stuff is solved 

This is the problem with GNR. It's been about 7 years since the reunion and really we have no idea of what they are like as a band off stage. It's all CIA level secretive. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This is the problem with GNR. It's been about 7 years since the reunion and really we have no idea of what they are like as a band off stage. It's all CIA level secretive. :lol:

They have been playing together so that should tell you something. And I'm sure media would love to have the big three on some talk show to talk about it, but since Axl really doesn't seem to care for that kind of publicity, it is what it is. And I think good for them. The music should be the forefront of what's going on in Guns. Should be...

3 minutes ago, weaponsnflowers said:

They have been playing together so that should tell you something. And I'm sure media would love to have the big three on some talk show to talk about it, but since Axl really doesn't seem to care for that kind of publicity, it is what it is. And I think good for them. The music should be the forefront of what's going on in Guns. Should be...

What music

53 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Rammstein is done without their vocalist. Definitely not the same situation. Marilyn Manson fired Twiggy... that must have hurt as well, but he did it anyway.

Fernando is nobody in comparison.

It's not Axl, Duff or Slash we're talking about.

He's gone.

And then it turned out that MM was a bit of an abuser himself...

17 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I think you're right, Slash and Duff have their own families and people with them on the road.

• Like 3

Just now, weaponsnflowers said:

Oh, now now. Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps and The General. :D

They'll have to delay the general now. This will take up 3-5 years at least sorting this. Axl couldn't have asked for something this perfect to fall into his lap and give him more excuses to not release

• Haha 2