What is the future of Guns N Roses 2024 onwards?

22 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

It's surreal how people always mention if he smiles, he's in a good mood or seems happy or even if he says a couple of words
Like he's some mentally ill fucked up person they care about that they just wish gets better

Tbh, I think Axl is genuinely nice. How he behaved in the past had its reasons and it's in the past. Considering his whole history, it takes a lot to pull through and Axl definitely has. I wouldn't be able to.

• Like 1

When they got back together in 2016, I didn't care too much, didn't believe it was serious. Now they're touring again in Europe and I saw them in London. Great! Now, a new album, otherwise what's the point?

I don't want to see them doing the good ol' hits over and over again. I want them now, as they are now, not  30 or 40 years ago.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2023 at 11:33 PM, Shacklermyrye said:

Towards the end of this year Perhaps and maybe the general come out. The release is botched because the Cd's and records are ready 3 months after the songs go to streaming, Creative Works London videos go up on youtube for both songs. Slash has reworked solo's @Sweersa head exploads.

People tour with solo projects when GN'R is off the road, Axl hibernates like an owl & perhaps wakes up and sits at a piano to see if he can come up with something. After several months comes up with part of a bridge or intro that will probably never be used. 

When solo projects finish touring Slash brings in 47 songs to play Axl of which he likes 3 or 4. Duff Brings in 28 songs and Axl likes 2. Those songs push anything Richard has like Tonto of the next reccord but he says nothing.

Slash buys a snakeskin covered metronome for Frank as a guesture of good will.

To tide over the fanbase Berlin is released along with Atlas Shrugged with Brian Mays parts removed and instead a solo made up of parts by Gary Sunshine, Buckethead, Paul Huge Robin Fink and John 5 is used. Slash cries in media about how he was not informed of Paul Huges involvement, Both songs are actually delayed for 2 years and 3 months as somebody forgets to pay Caram.

Slash get frustrated at the lack of progress and leaves. He goes on to state in the media "All things considered, it's like playing with Guns to stadiums is not fun in the grand scheme of things, so i'm just going to play clubs & it will like $2 per ticket" The media falls in love with him again because he seems more grounded to the common working class man. He then creates a pinball machine that retails for $34,000. The media ignore this.

Traci Guns rejoins. 

Ronnie wood has a baby with Melissa Reece.

and so forth...

Axl eventually releases a statement delievered to the office's of Classic Rock magazine by carrier pigeon on the current situation.....

"To say that myself and others (who have there own reasons for feeling agreeved) were blindsided by recent statements would be a form of "shall we say clear fuck n' fact" For many years we have felt that I, and by extention Guns were willing recipents of Slash and the "songs" he felt he could bring in. Not without effort (from all parts) it was felt that that the material itself did not match the bar set by others and myself, for it to get me to the point where I could get in to a booth and "perform" 

"One man has stated repeatedly in the media assertions to the f'n contrary so too speak. At the expense we feel of both Guns as an entity and you the fans.

"It is true that a snakeskin metronome was purchased although Frank has yet to recieve it as he is tied up in landlord based litigation" I and by extention GN'R as a company will be thrilled to pass it on to him ASAP safe in the F'N knowledge he will not get the joke.

I and others feel let down to an extent by Ms Reece's selfish desire to pro create, but I lean left, so her postion will be held open till her return...In her stead a carboard cutout of chris Pittman will stand behind an unplugged keyboard whilst Fernando animates his cardboard limbs to emulate the appearence of life.

I have heard Traci Gunns has rejoined!!!!!!!!

We have yet to speak

PEACE OUT N FN' BLAIM RUSSIA!!!!

W.AXL ROSE.

P.S Does anyone have Buckets number?

13 minutes ago, Gigigil said:

When they got back together in 2016, I didn't care too much, didn't believe it was serious. Now they're touring again in Europe and I saw them in London. Great! Now, a new album, otherwise what's the point?

I don't want to see them doing the good ol' hits over and over again. I want them now, as they are now, not  30 or 40 years ago.

I felt this way back in 2017 when I saw them in Madrid. Then last year in Seville, which to me was the worst setlist ever. It's cool if people keep going to these shows but I won't invest any more money on this. But if they release new stuff? Musically speaking? Touring that stuff? I will gladly pay for that. It's just very sad that this guy that was talking about 3 albums worth of material since 2002 just hasn't released anything in almost 2 decades, letting his last years of his youth go, creatively speaking.

• Like 1

My opinion is that there will be more touring and probably some new songs release. For me, I'll see them if they are in the NJ/NYC area and how my parents are doing if GNR comes back in 2025 or beyond that. I'm seeing GNR for the 9th time in August at MetLife. I'm just going to enjoy it and not worry about 2024 and beyond!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

I felt this way back in 2017 when I saw them in Madrid. Then last year in Seville, which to me was the worst setlist ever. It's cool if people keep going to these shows but I won't invest any more money on this. But if they release new stuff? Musically speaking? Touring that stuff? I will gladly pay for that. It's just very sad that this guy that was talking about 3 albums worth of material since 2002 just hasn't released anything in almost 2 decades, letting his last years of his youth go, creatively speaking.

Well, that's life. He doesn't have to do anything. I wouldn't if I had gone through all he has. But one can only hope, now that they are back together. I don't know in what terms. Axl's and slash's creative differences are still there, but maybe they can use them to everyone's benefit.

23 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Axl eventually releases a statement delievered to the office's of Classic Rock magazine by carrier pigeon on the current situation.....

"To say that myself and others (who have there own reasons for feeling agreeved) were blindsided by recent statements would be a form of "shall we say clear fuck n' fact" For many years we have felt that I, and by extention Guns were willing recipents of Slash and the "songs" he felt he could bring in. Not without effort (from all parts) it was felt that that the material itself did not match the bar set by others and myself, for it to get me to the point where I could get in to a booth and "perform" 

"One man has stated repeatedly in the media assertions to the f'n contrary so too speak. At the expense we feel of both Guns as an entity and you the fans.

"It is true that a snakeskin metronome was purchased although Frank has yet to recieve it as he is tied up in landlord based litigation" I and by extention GN'R as a company will be thrilled to pass it on to him ASAP safe in the F'N knowledge he will not get the joke.

I and others feel let down to an extent by Ms Reece's selfish desire to pro create, but I lean left, so her postion will be held open till her return...In her stead a carboard cutout of chris Pittman will stand behind an unplugged keyboard whilst Fernando animates his cardboard limbs to emulate the appearence of life.

I have heard Traci Gunns has rejoined!!!!!!!!

We have yet to speak

PEACE OUT N FN' BLAIM RUSSIA!!!!

W.AXL ROSE.

P.S Does anyone have Buckets number?

We should have an Axl Rose text generator.

They will do this for another 3-10 years, maybe 2-4 songs will release over the span of that, there will be a live album, probably another anniversary box set,  Axl’s voice will deteriorate, Slash will release 3 more albums while GNR has never released an album in 2 decades as of 2028.

I’m not even joking, this is 100% what will happen.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2023 at 11:33 PM, Shacklermyrye said:

Towards the end of this year Perhaps and maybe the general come out. The release is botched because the Cd's and records are ready 3 months after the songs go to streaming, Creative Works London videos go up on youtube for both songs. Slash has reworked solo's @Sweersa head exploads.

People tour with solo projects when GN'R is off the road, Axl hibernates like an owl & perhaps wakes up and sits at a piano to see if he can come up with something. After several months comes up with part of a bridge or intro that will probably never be used. 

When solo projects finish touring Slash brings in 47 songs to play Axl of which he likes 3 or 4. Duff Brings in 28 songs and Axl likes 2. Those songs push anything Richard has like Tonto of the next reccord but he says nothing.

To tide over the fanbase Berlin is released along with Atlas Shrugged with Brian Mays parts removed and instead a solo made up of parts by Gary Sunshine, Buckethead, Paul Huge Robin Fink and John 5 is used. Slash cries in media about how he was not informed of Paul Huges involvement, Both songs are actually delayed for 2 years and 3 months as somebody forgets to pay Caram.

Slash get frustrated at the lack of progress and leaves. He goes on to state in the media "All things considered, it's like playing with Guns to stadiums is not fun in the grand scheme of things, so i'm just going to play clubs & it will like $2 per ticket" The media falls in love with him again because he seems more grounded to the common working class man. He then creates a pinball machine that retails for $34,000. The media ignore this.

Traci Guns rejoins. 

and so forth...

I'll have what you're smoking...

Edited by colonizedmind

On 7/11/2023 at 2:33 AM, superloconoriega said:

They will eventually release the UYI footage, Slash obviously is aware of its existence and cares about it - it was one of the main contributing factors to the band reestablishing communications. I'm sure that any of the streaming platforms would love to do business with the band regarding this project.

I think besides what everybody else has said - endless touring - we will probably see short legs with either Stinson or any other ex-nu GNR member, I would find hard to believe that in the next 10 years ALL members are able to go on tour without anyone getting injured (Fortus actually had a big accident recently and was in risk of not being able to even play guitar again). So that's something that will at least be a topic of discussion.

Axl's autobiography, that's another thing that's already written (but not edited) that will for sure be an interesting read. 

How do you know it's on page? What's it gonna be called? "Yea Boiiiiii"

On 7/12/2023 at 6:31 PM, colonizedmind said:

How do you know it's on page? What's it gonna be called? "Yea Boiiiiii"

Because Axl has spoken about it (I think he even did when posting on this forum), he said he had idk 1000+ or so pages already written, plus many other people have made references to Axl writtng down his memories (Izzy in specific): 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I’d like to see an acoustic club tour with Izzy back. There’s some songs that could be really reinvented in an acoustic setting, Estranged with Pedal Steel, things like that. Axl sitting chilled behind a piano. I’d love to see them just once as a band just playing their song’s, which is impossible for them to do in a stadium setting, there has to be a “show” when it’s that size of a crowd. Lights camera action stuff.

To see them in a theatre playing an acoustic set of their material and have the music itself be the only thing spoken about would make sense to me for guys in their 60s. Reinvent. 30-40 years ago they were the best rock n roll band on the planet, I’d like to see them turn into a GnR version of the old Blues guys. Let the music do the talking. 

Yes! Totally agree. Small venue, no performance, just them playing. And this goes for the studio work as well, as I think some of the CD album song have been overworked. 

I don't know if it's possible for them to go reinvent their AFD-selves, the most powerful album of them all. Do you think they have a vision for what they want to do? For me it's all very hazy. 

On 7/11/2023 at 10:33 AM, Shacklermyrye said:

Traci Guns rejoins. 

and so forth...

that is so funny. 

I love Tonto

On 7/11/2023 at 2:32 PM, Bitchisback said:

I want a Chinese Democracy box set 

Totally agree. Skip this hybrid/new music stuff and release the real CD leftovers.

I know I'm a fan of this era, but based on the  strength of the demos, the machinations of the audio journey of how he got to the over produced CD would be quite fascinating in a brian wilson smile sort of way. 

• Like 1

The Spaguetti Incident Boxset. With the release of TSI 2 that include all the songs that they recorded and didnt make it in TSI ( i can imagine at least 8.... 10 songs). Plus B-Sides, demos and different takes or mixes.

The release of the UYI Documentary.

Southamerica tour. Pyro is back here. With Sorum and Izzy.

No new album bc it was released on 2023

And to all those opposed..... ummmh well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Totally agree. Skip this hybrid/new music stuff and release the real CD leftovers.

I know I'm a fan of this era, but based on the  strength of the demos, the machinations of the audio journey of how he got to the over produced CD would be quite fascinating in a brian wilson smile sort of way. 

I agree totally. Get this stuff released. Might not be to everyone's liking, but get it out there rather than it just decaying away. 

Would require very little effort to do. 

• Like 1